All-Purpose Off-Season NHL UFA RUMOR & TRADE Thread

DevilinLA

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some person on a board not related to hockey said the Flyers are going to go after Stamkos at 12 years/115mil.

Riiiight.

I've heard this too. Not gonna happen, but that's a bad move for the Flyers, so in a way, I hope they do it. I don't want to hate Stamkos though.

How does everyone feel about looking at Cam Barker? or even bringing back Commodore?

I think Cam Barker would be an interesting project. He was a third overall draft pick. Getting bought out, so, he can sign for any amount of money, yes? I wouldn't mind throwing a million at him and trying him out. Commodore... no, but gotta love that hair.

Steps in the wrong direction.

We need leadership not reclamation projects ala Rachunek/Vishnevski 2.0

True. But Barker is still very young.

Call me crazy, but I'd take a chance on Souray with a one year deal, minimum salary or under a million. At worst he gets hurt and we put him on ltir. At best, he's a one year stop gap who might be able to help the power play.

Your crazy.

He is NOT the type of player we want.

I think Cam Barker would be an interesting project. He was a third overall draft pick. Getting bought out, so, he can sign for any amount of money, yes? I wouldn't mind throwing a million at him and trying him out.

This is what I was thinking.

Call me crazy, but I'd take a chance on Souray with a one year deal, minimum salary or under a million. At worst he gets hurt and we put him on ltir. At best, he's a one year stop gap who might be able to help the power play.

You know, this isn't too bad of an idea. I wouldn't mind taking a risk with him. I wonder if he could still be effective. I never figured out what the whole story was with him in EDM, so I could be wrong about thinking this is a good idea.

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

RUMOR UPDATE:

Sean Bergenheim will not return to TBL per agent:

LightningTimes Damian Cristodero

No big surprise but Sean Bergenheim agent Todd Diamond said of his client returning to Lightning: "I don't see it happening, unfortunately."

http://twitter.com/#!/LightningTimes

Goodp layer in the playoffs Tampa wouldn't have gotten as far as they did without him or Louis.

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

Im tired of this PARISE"S going hear or they say he's going to this team ST hell up already he isn't leaving the team so stop starting rumours freaking leafs or canucks GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, Canadians

UPDATE: Zenon Konopka will not return to NYI:

Katie Strang just posted up a new article on Newsday.com:

Quote:

"It's one of those things that, if I was younger, maybe I'd scratch my head and be bitter, but you just learn to be grateful for the time spent there and the experience you had."

"I had a tremendous year as far as our team coming together and reconnecting with the fans and the community," Konopka said when reached by phone recently. "Whenever you have a year like that--to put that much time into the organization and city--it's tough to move on."

Konopka said he wasn't given a firm reason as to why the Islanders were not interested in bringing him back.

"At the end of the day, there are always reasons," he said. "Sometimes you don't figure out all the reasons, but it doesn't change much."

I'll definitely miss Z and he'll find a home somewhere but I can't say I didn't see this coming.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...ency-1.2996357

Answer: "'Cause we're the Islanders....."

IMO if the price is right - this is a prefect grit guy to bring some toughness to our otherwise soft NJ team. Great Face-offs too.

Too bad the rest of the league knows it too.

Katie Strang just posted up a new article on Newsday.com:

Quote:

"It's one of those things that, if I was younger, maybe I'd scratch my head and be bitter, but you just learn to be grateful for the time spent there and the experience you had."

"I had a tremendous year as far as our team coming together and reconnecting with the fans and the community," Konopka said when reached by phone recently. "Whenever you have a year like that--to put that much time into the organization and city--it's tough to move on."

Konopka said he wasn't given a firm reason as to why the Islanders were not interested in bringing him back.

"At the end of the day, there are always reasons," he said. "Sometimes you don't figure out all the reasons, but it doesn't change much."

I'll definitely miss Z and he'll find a home somewhere but I can't say I didn't see this coming.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...ency-1.2996357

Answer: "'Cause we're the Islanders....."

IMO if the price is right - this is a prefect grit guy to bring some toughness to our otherwise soft NJ team. Great Face-offs too.

Too bad the rest of the league knows it too.

OK. I take back the 8th place seed as Konopka was really the glue that the team rallied around after Rolsson was dealt.

He made the team play bigger and together. This is the one guy the team could not afford to lose.

"Cause we're the Islanders" is appropriate.

Wow, I would love him here, tough, team guy and a great face-off player. Just Wow.

Opps, looks like Gomez maybe on his way to Flordia so they can hit the ceiling.

Nothing confirmed but Gomez contract apparently a drag on the franchise according to FAN590.

Damnit, Lou! Call the Panthers and don't stop saying "Rolston" until a deal is done!

its too bad because if there was no steckel, i'd say that there was a certain place for him here and it would make me feel much better about dealing clarkson. i mean, i suppose if you could get him in here at under $1MM and want to give him pelley's spot, i'd be good with that.

but something must be up that the isles are saying good bye. i'm not sure who they need to give his spot to.

its too bad because if there was no steckel, i'd say that there was a certain place for him here and it would make me feel much better about dealing clarkson. i mean, i suppose if you could get him in here at under $1MM and want to give him pelley's spot, i'd be good with that.

but something must be up that the isles are saying good bye. i'm not sure who they need to give his spot to.

Agree 100%. The reason I had read was because the Islanders re-signed Gillies (?)

konopka is good at faceoffs and fighting, but other than that he's not a good hockey player, plus he takes a boatload of penalties. someone will overpay him.

if the islanders use strome in the NHL this year to hit the cap floor, they won't have room for konopka.

Edited by Triumph

konopka is good at faceoffs and fighting, but other than that he's not a good hockey player, plus he takes a boatload of penalties. someone will overpay him.

if the islanders use strome in the NHL this year to hit the cap floor, they won't have room for konopka.

He brings grit and face-offs - it all depends on his value proportionate to $$$ cost.

There's a reason why teams are interested in paying him.

Much rather have him then Steckel if he's under $1M.