Positive energy thread

SC Devs Fan

Since I consider myself a 'negative' poster on this board, I wanted to start a positive thread for all of us who haven't drunk the Kool-aid this year.... yeah, we are making the playoffs with a team, when it is on its game, that can beat anyone. We have the best goalie IN THE WORLD and all stars coming back into the lineup. Not only are we the defending Stanley Cup Champs, but we are littered with players that know only one thing - how to win. Like it or not, the road to having the Cup in your arena runs thru the Meadowlands. So, as we come to the end of the season, lets rally around our boys and get ready for them to surprise us - again - as the playoffs start.

I will always believe in this team. I always have, and I always will.

I will always support this team, no matter how far they may or may not go.

I will always have faith in this team, and I will never turn my back on them when things get rough.

I will never say its over, UNTIL or IF it is actually over.

I will always cheer this team on.

And finally, I will always drink giant glasses of Kool-Aid and I will like it because I am a Devils fan.

Go Devils!

Kool-aid, it gives you wiiiiiiiiiiiings. (lol)

But seriously, this team is far from done. Although it isn't what we are used to seeing, this team still manages to compete without their captain and now guys like Rafalski, Kozlov, and Schwab (yes Schwab, I feel a lot better when seeing him on the bench) We've been more than lucky to enjoy this organization's success and we should be happy with what we have, but we are by no means a thing of the past. This team still has those intangibles that teams like Tampa might not have come playoff time. I can gurantee one thing for sure though, wheter we are the 5th, 6th, 7th, or even 2nd seed (hey, it's STILL possible) whoever we face in the first round will defienantly have their hands full.

:clap: LETS GO DEVILS! :clap:

I will always have faith in this team, and I will never turn my back on them when things get rough.

And finally, I will always drink giant glasses of Kool-Aid and I will like it because I am a Devils fan.

Go Devils!

Can't argue with anything in that post!

...and when I go to watch a game, I will stay in my seat until the end of the game, regardless of how much time is left or what the score is.

This rule of mine has paid off at least twice that I know of: The banner-night game this season, where I think it was Brylin tied the game with 2 seconds left, and some game against the leafs a few years back when Elias scored a natural hat trick, including a last-minute goal to send the game into OT, in which he scored the game-winner. Maybe some of you remember it, this was the first game Domi played against us after his elbow on Nieds. I will never forget seeing his face on the ice next to McKenzie's skates two seconds after the first drop of the puck.

Whatever struggles the team has been having, there are certainly a LOT of positive things heading into the playoffs. Not in any order here... just as I'm thinking of them.

First of all, experience. The Devils KNOW how to win. They know how to put the losses or bad plays behind them and move on better than we do. Tell that to the Islanders or Bruins.

Second of all, heart. The heart on this team is immeasurable by modern means. Tell that to the Flyers. And the Senators, cause they still can't believe we willed out that win when they thought their own was up to the task.

Third of all, stamina. We have a lot of young guys in really good shape. Tell that to the Maple Leafs and Red Wings.

Fourth of all, talent. We seem to have a player on this situation for every need. Well everyone's got talent... what you need is the chemistry to put it together. And the chemistry here is second to none. I can't remember a team where the first and fourth-liners truly seem to enjoy being around each other. And that's part of the "check your egos" mantra.

So the fifth thing, luck. If you put these things together you MAKE your own luck. That's why others consider us lucky -- cause we do that with the four other things.

No matter what your difficulties heading into the playoffs, any team can get on a roll. Guess what, with all the things the Devils have going for them it could VERY well be them!!!!!!

Oh... and what about that "little extra something" Burns tells us you sometimes need, like when the team's owner makes the mistake of making parade plans or buses start filing in with equipment for the next round?

Well, we got a MAJOR biggie in the wings... the return of our inspiration.

Edited by Elias Sports Bureau

I feel bad

sorry to bring negativity here...

But I feel very bad !

Yeah for others teams...

Another cup this year for the Devil...

no cup for Flyers, Toronto, Ottawa, Colorado, Detroit etc etc...

I feel so sorry for media to be to oblige to say that THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS is the best team of the century

I feel sooooo sorry for the Stanley Cup.... which must be drive to Elias/Hrdina country, to Brylin country blaaa bla bla bla...

sorry again to break your Kharma :ph34r:

aaaaaaaand the beat goes on :dance:

Yesterday was disappointing. But I'll go out on a limb....if the Devs draw the Flyers in the first round, the Devs will send them home. They are bigger than the Devs (a lot bigger), but the Devs can skate circles around that team....the Devs HAVE to make that team pay for commiting penalties, though. Yesterday, they didn't.

There's a reason why the Devs grossly outshot the Flyers yesterday: they can't deal with the Devs speed, and as long as the passes are crisp and the legs are moving, the Flyers will have trouble with that.

Bring on those jerks. That's my positive contribution.

Since it IS Wrestlemania Sunday I think this quote is approrpiate:

"To be the man..... you GOTTA BEAT THE MAN... Wooooooooo"

and until further notice we're still the man !!! B)

O phooey!!!! This team ALWAYS has a way of surprising its biggest doubters...look at the cup we have!! Look at the banners!!! This team has proved the nay-sayers wrong many times before...why not now??

We have the heart, determination, just missing a few key players..but if they just keep coming out every night and playing their game, then this season will be far from over!!!

They are the Devils people....our boys!! HAVE A LITTLE FAITH!!!

i'll never lose faith in this team..after long nights in chats with DevaMinda and Sargio and the usuals, waiting for someone to type "GOAL!!!!" I've learned not to underestimate this team---Maybe now with centre ice I can reeeeeally see what they're made of!!!! teeheehee

These are the guys who play for the fans...lets give them something to play for!!

I too will never give up on this team.....

I know what we are capable of and know we can do it....

We are having some trouble, but for some odd reason I have this feeling that we can do it. This team should never be counted out and I think everyone else knows that, even the players in the NHL.

I am glad to see this topic b/c I know a lot of us were being negative and looking at all of our mistakes and injuries, but we have to get pass that and just believe!!!

I'm in!!! But, I always try to be positive. :P Couldn't post last night 'cuz I was very sad. My doggie ran away and we didn't get her back till this morning. I spent a sleepless night worrying about her, the beast! But, she's back! Yayyy!!! :clap: So now this is a positive post!

#4 in 2004 !!!! Let's go Devils !!!!! You're #1 !!!!! :dance:

It's not like this team hasn't entered the postseason looking like fecal matter and then skated away with a trophy.

I think the Devils need to get RAfi back, figure out where Koz goes in the lineup. And keep in mind the best line in hockey will be back by the end of next week.

I'm willing to take our chances against anyone with Marty and Madden/Pando.

The bottom line is this: We can beat Boston, Tampa, or T.O. in the first round. No question. The other two... :noclue:

<JESTER>

Go Devils!

SO SAY WE ALL!!! GO DEVILS!!

Of all the hockey experts in the NHL, I think we have the best when it comes to competing for the Stanley Cup.

I believe we can win the Cup again this year, because I know Lou believes it.

Let's get healthy & kick some butt.

LETS GO DEVILS!!!!