NJ Trades PL3 to CGY for 5th RD pick 2012

ghdi

Devils trade PL3 to Flames for 5th rounder in 2012 draft.

TG has confirmed.

NHLDevils New Jersey Devils

The Devils have traded Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond to Calgary for a fifth-round pick in 2012.

Edited by DevilinLA

Isn't he still officially suspended a few games?

no, i don't think so. he served his suspension and was then sent down.

5th rounder is a decent return for leblond, who i am pretty sure lou resolved would never play a game in NJ again after what he said post-suspension.

Edited by Triumph

Some important info here:

@TGfireandice

Tom Gulitti

Leblond's contract becomes a one-way for 2011-12 after being two-way last season. He'll earn $550,000 in AHL or NHL. Cap hit is $525,000.

6 minutes ago via TweetDeck

and:

From CGY:

''In Pierre-Luc not only have we achieved our objectives but we have done so by bringing in a player who comes very highly recommended by our Head Coach who worked with him previously.''

All I can hear in my head is:

tumblr_l87aeaU8rr1qzp5buo1_400.jpg

Edited by DevilinLA

no, i don't think so. he served his suspension and was then sent down.

5th rounder is a decent return for leblond, who i am pretty sure lou resolved would never play a game in NJ again after what he said post-suspension.

Remind me what he said?

He basically said that he would do it again and that he didn't care. I mean, Maclean got fined $10k, and he got suspended when the team was already short players, so yeah, that's probably deserving of a ticket out of town.

Was this at the end of a game we were losing so badly I had already turned it off? Why am I unable to recall this incident. I can only remember him getting suspended.

Was this at the end of a game we were losing so badly I had already turned it off? Why am I unable to recall this incident. I can only remember him getting suspended.

don't remember when it was, but he was basically blackballed from newark after this retarded move. so we got a player in 5th round for nothing. and apparently he's highly recommended by sutter, clearly he is a man to be trusted for his word.