NJ Trades PL3 to CGY for 5th RD pick 2012

ghdi

Some important info here:

@TGfireandice

Tom Gulitti

Leblond's contract becomes a one-way for 2011-12 after being two-way last season. He'll earn $550,000 in AHL or NHL. Cap hit is $525,000.

6 minutes ago via TweetDeck

I did not realize this. Obviously it's a minor deal, but a clear victory for the Devils. Also I hope PL^3 works out for Calgary, but it looks pretty crowded there to me.

Was this at the end of a game we were losing so badly I had already turned it off? Why am I unable to recall this incident. I can only remember him getting suspended.

It was the second game of the year, that 7-2 loss to the Caps where Leblond got suspended for foolishly getting into a fight with under five minutes left when we were already playing with a short roster. I didn't realize he also said something contreversial, but either way it was understandable why he was basically locked out of NJ from then on.

Ah well. I kind of liked PL3. I think he can be a decent 4th liner for Calgary, but there was no room for him here and as others have said, he probably wouldn't have gotten the spot even if there was room. Good return with the 5th rounder. Remember that Joe Corvo was recently traded for a 4th rounder, so a 5th for Leblond is great.

It was the second game of the year, that 7-2 loss to the Caps where Leblond got suspended for foolishly getting into a fight with under five minutes left when we were already playing with a short roster. I didn't realize he also said something contreversial, but either way it was understandable why he was basically locked out of NJ from then on.

[/quote

He jumped John Carlson, because I remember this was one of Carlson's early games and Doc & Chico talked about him for half the game because he grew up in Jersey and was a Devils fan...He idolized Scott Stevens and was even wearing #4 for the Caps. He really went after Carlson and didn't care. It started a big brawl towards the end of the game.

that covers the fights of the game. PL3 pops up at the 8-minute mark. Just over 4 minutes left in the game, following Kovalchuk and Pelley fighting, PL3 chases Johansson down the ice and spins him around. Group forms, PL3 ends up with Carlson by the boards.

instigating the fight with less then 5 mins which is an automatic suspension when the team was short a player (or 2) due to the cap and at least 1 injury in the game(a-train?). If it was a aggressive hit that got him suspended it wouldn't have been as idiotic(kinda like peters not having the jersey tied down, you are a fighter, know all the fighter rules)

I was pretty sure he would never wear a devils sweater again and I know I'm not the only one.

I liked PL3. Lou musta liked him at some point too because he was sitting in the front row at the Kovalchuk presser last summer (though maybe the team was just too cheap to pay a security guard for the event). His fight with Janssen was epic. And this story from a little while back is epic too:

Hahaha. Pierre had a fight down here where the guy dropped and before the linesmen could get in Pierre pulled the guy up and laid a few more on him.

Another time he was so riled up after a fight he ripped his jersey in half (we use the old style/materials down here as well).

Lastly a couple of years ago we had been rag dolled around by Elmira, and the next time they came in Pierre was down - specifically for that game. "I hear you have problem with Elmira. I fix problem" was the comment he gave to the guy who picked him up at the airport.

Elmira didn't try anything that night. At all.

Yep. Love Pierre.

Loved this one too ...

Also, this is hilarious ...

All I can hear in my head is:

tumblr_l87aeaU8rr1qzp5buo1_400.jpg

:lol: