Cangi to be Devils new PBP guy

brodeur14301991

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well since Doc will NOT be calling the game, i can say that i will no longer feel like i am missing part of thr game experience by being at the game. No hearing Doc call te games that i see on TV will be weird but Chico will be there to add some color to whata his name now :)

Is it true Deb Placey is replacing Cangelosi and pre and post game host?

Deb Kaufman Placey by TGfireandice - Excited to be moving from NYIslanders to NJ Devils this season on MSG Network. Treasure my 10yrs with the Isles.

Edited by Microwavepizza

Never had that with Doc, IMO.

Maybe its how close Cangi keeps the mic to his mouth or something, just his almost sounds muffled or something, hard for me to describe.

Do you remember Doc back in the mid to late 90's? His voice was def different back then and was very nasally. I think he did something or calmed down a little bit and got it under control. He was irritating at times back then.

• 2 weeks later...

i dont mind him doing the games. I wrote Don La greca on facebook and asked him to be the Devils guy since hes actaully a fan but does Ranger games on the radio. He never responded but someone did "like" it. Cangolosi gets a bad rap cause hes trying to take over for Doc which is impossible. But he talks with passion and keeps up with everything and keeps Chico involved , which i like. Did any of you switch stations while the Devils are playing the Rangers, i go to sleep listening to those guys. same crap over and over "nice shot by gaborik" blah blah blan. And dont even get me going on Islander announcers, i was listening to them once and they were talking about how one Islander lives with anohter Islander and rents a room and this and that whiel all these scoring chances were going on. Flipped stations and Doc and Chico were going nuts about something and being interesting. Cangolosi is fine, hes no Doc but who is, hes good enough for me and a lot better than the other ones out there (Devil games on VS's nearly put me to sleep too)

I just hope that Cangi hires Doc to give him some 1-1 coaching :). Missing our franchise play caller hugely. It's a tough thing to teach what he could do... the color on the descriptions, the introspectives (on what Doc was feeling about something), the matching of the commentary to the crescendo of the play and painting beautiful verbal pictures to magnify the game.

I agree with the relativity though. Relative to many non-Devils play callers, he's already good. We were just hugely spoiled, that's all.