NHL Waiver Wire

StormJosh

With teams throwing massive amounts of players on waivers, are there any players you would take?

I'm sure it won't happen but I would be interested in taking Alex Giroux, a former 60 goal scorer in the AHL who hasn't yet translated that ability to the NHL. Viktor Tikhonov might be interesting, too. Former 1st round pick and grandson of the Soviet coach.

Edited by StormJosh

With teams throwing massive amounts of players on waivers, are there any players you would take?

I'm sure it won't happen but I would be interested in taking Alex Giroux, a former 60 goal scorer in the AHL who hasn't yet translated that ability to the NHL. Viktor Tikhonov might be interesting, too. Former 1st round pick and grandson of the Soviet goalie.

You just basically stated why we shouldn't take Alex Giroux.

Tikhonov just is not better than anyone right now on our current roster.

Oh man, I just saw Avery's picture on NHL.com, and I nearly fell out of my chair laughing. It's probably been like this for a while, but first time I saw it. http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8468224#&navid=nhl-keymatch

yeah thats been like that for at least a year. I think he took that one when he was going to work for Vogue or whatever magazine he interned at.

That or he saw an episode of Mad Men and had to emulate it.

yeah thats been like that for at least a year. I think he took that one when he was going to work for Vogue or whatever magazine he interned at.

That or he saw an episode of Mad Men and had to emulate it.

Yea I figured it wasn't new, but still I somehow missed it. I never even knew that the NHL allows a player to take a picture like that. Either way, I had a pretty nice laugh.

I'm sure it won't happen but I would be interested in taking Alex Giroux, a former 60 goal scorer in the AHL who hasn't yet translated that ability to the NHL. Viktor Tikhonov might be interesting, too. Former 1st round pick and grandson of the Soviet goalie.

Viktor Tikhonov was the Soviet Army coach,and Vladislav Tretiak was the goalkeeper.

Yes, totally right, not sure why I had that brain-fizzle. Thats what I meant, I'm going to edit the first post so as to not confuse anyone.

No problem. If I remember right Tretiak was the first goalie that I ever saw wear the first cage and helmet combination "back in the day".

edit: here is a cool link on the history of goalie masks... http://media.fans.nhl.com/_History-of-the-Goalie-Mask-Part-1-Just-the-Facts/blog/393882/111820.html?b=

Edited by Guest

Based just purely on hockey ability, I would take Avery over Clarkson any day.

Let the flaming begin.

Why?? Clarkson has showed much more ability in this season than before, he's been scoring by hanging around the net, and thats how he has been scoring in the preseason at least...You sir, are a moron. Go back to moron island!

Edited by RizzMB30

Why?? Clarkson has showed much more ability in this season than before, he's been scoring by hanging around the net, and thats how he has been scoring in the preseason...You sir, are a moron. Go back to moron island!

Clarkson does that every pre-season and like another poster said earlier (I think on a different thread) he will forget what he is on this team for and will go back to the wrap-around and toe-drags every time he gets the puck.

Clarkson is a terrible skater with sh!tty hockey sense and shot. He spends half of his ice time on his ass or on his stomach.

And by the way, your first sentence is the same I heard before last pre-season when people were predicting him to possibly be a top 6 forward. As well as the season before that. And the season before that.

Yeah but based on actually using hockey ability and not stupidity, Clarkson over Avery.

In stupidity they are about the same on the ice, but off the ice then yeah Sean wins.

The only thing Avery ever said that I agree with is that Clarkson is a minor leaguer.