Out of town games

Jas0nMacIsaac

All things considered, I'm happy that Florida was able to get a point in the Wings' barn. They were never going to win in a shootout either against Detroit.

The shootouts usually go NJ's way, but they certainly haven't gone that way for the team's we want to win and lose.

How were they never going to win a shootout against Detroit? Shootouts are like, all luck.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our record's probably reversed...that's really been the only difference between the Devils and Panthers this year.

Devils are 12-4 in the shootout.

Florida is 6-11.

Says it all.

Detroit BTW actually isn't a great shootout team...now 35-35 all-time.

How were they never going to win a shootout against Detroit? Shootouts are like, all luck.

Why all luck? Detroit is 8-2 and Florida is 6-11. Obviously never is an exaggeration, but Datsyuk and Bertuzzi are some of the most creative shootout players and two of the best. The Panthers best player is one of the worst in the game. Jimmy Howard has been outstanding this year stopping 22 of 26 going into tonight. A lot of things going Detroit's way.

New Jersey hasn't been constantly lucky in the shootouts to be the best ever at it.

Why all luck? Detroit is 8-2 and Florida is 6-11. Obviously never is an exaggeration, but Datsyuk and Bertuzzi are some of the most creative shootout players and two of the best. The Panthers best player is one of the worst in the game. Jimmy Howard has been outstanding this year stopping 22 of 26 going into tonight. A lot of things going Detroit's way.

New Jersey hasn't been constantly lucky in the shootouts to be the best ever at it.

As CR1976 noted, the Wings are not a great shootout team over time. Shootout results over one year are basically all luck.

You don't even mention Wojtek Wolski who has traditionally been really good at shootouts.

Hedberg was a good shootout goalie before he got to NJ and Brodeur is a good shootout goalie. But Kovalchuk being like 10 for 13 or whatever? That's not sustainable.

I think it is difficult to tell which individual players will be good at it...as we've seen, good goal-scorers aren't necessarily good shootout perfomers, and vice-versa. Hell, Kovalchuk's shootout performance this season is off-the-charts for both him and the league.

In bold: NJ goaltenders have been good, which has given them a chance to win shootouts, but why/how are the Devils shooting 42.3% since the shootout was implemented, when no other team is above 37.8%? I have no idea.

And for that matter, how is Florida so God-awful at it (23.3%), when the next worst-team all-time is at 26.7%?

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Pittsburgh is getting lit up...they've given up five or more goals in 4 out of their last 6 games. Not surprising, all four 5+ games were losses.

Detroit is really pouring it on right now...Florida is barely hanging on...

Well this all adds up to one thing..

The Devils and Sens are the only team that are going to be able to take out the Rangers in the playoffs at this rate :giggle:

Big point for Florida.

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3

Key games:

1). Winnipeg @ Fla. (2 points for the Panthers mean they clinch the 3rd seed)

2). Rags VS Philly (Flyers need one point and Devils will stuck either 6 or 7th)

3). Carolina @ Ottawa (Sens lose in regulation; Devils need one point to clinch as the 6th. Sens lose in OT/SO, Devils need a victory to clinch 6th.)

4). Isles @ Devils

Best scenario:

Sens lose in regulation and Devils lose in OT/SO; Devils clinch 6th spot and the remaining two games are irrevent.

Roloson was unbelievable tonight with some of the saves. That glove on Mike Green that would've made it 2-0... wow.

I feel bad for my friend who is a diehard Caps fan... but this was good for the Devils. I'm that much closer to seeing Devils playoff action live!!

Go FLORIDA tomorrow... and Carolina (that pains me to say.) And obviously let's take care of business versus the Isles.

4-4 panthers jets. Wut a game finally the panthers get one in.

Florida y? That was such garbage. Well all I hope now is for them to win One and keep the caps.

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?11t4f5

Florida ties it at 4....late in the 3rd.

God these are the worst announcers in the NHL.

haha u are so rite my friend. I can't stand watching the panthers announcers.

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?iieeaq

Edited by volchenkov28