Goodbye to Schwab- his groin is toast and we no longer need him. -550k

We keep Clemmenson if he'll stay for the 550k-750k, if not part ways. +250k

Albelin retires... or not play here. -849k

Giroux should be resigned topping out at 850k. +300k

Marshall- should be resigned no more than 1.8mil. +200k

Stevenson should be resigned at the same or let go. +0

Brylin- Should be resigned at 2million. +450k

Madden- Should be resigned at 3million. +1000k

Darby- ? no idea what his salary is, wouldnt pay more than 450k for him.

RFA's: My take

Friesen should be resigned ONLY if he'll sign for less, more around 2mil... -1000k

Gomez is becoming vital; and should get less than Elias, but more than he's

making... Give him Madden money, 3mil. +2000k

We shoudl try to lock Hrdina him long term at 2mil. -200k

Kozlov should be qualified or resigned longerterm at 2.5mil. +250k

Nieds needs a raise of 3mil, and hopefully he'll take it. +3000

Pandolfo should be qualified; +80k

Rafalski might need some more money, he's making 3, toss him a little more than qualifying, making it 3.5mil.... +500k

Rasmussen should recieve his qualifying offer. +60k

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

That adds an additional 5.5 million to our payroll... We took on 4million at the end of the season when we acquired Kozlov and Hrdina for Rupp and Berglund.

We may just wind up dropping Frise completely; Which frees up 2mil... and perhaps Rafi only gets qualified; but that only spares 200k. We might wind up losing Marshall or Stevenson as well... If it comes down to it; I have to say goodbye to Stevenson... he helps out everytime he comes back from injury... but thats the point.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only thing I'm gonna say at this point:

Drop Marshall way, way, way before dropping Stevenson.

While I love Stevenson; Marshall seems more durable... although Stevenson kicks ass on the checking line... I just dont know, if we're talking 35million hard cap; if we can keep him and Marshall...

Guest Devsrule

Stevenson gets injured way too often.

Do we really need Hrdina if Parise is up and coming?

Edited by Devsrule

Niedermayer is spamtastic. But giving him 7 mil when he's not even a UFA and before the new CBA is done not something i can agree with.

I'd offer 5.5 to 6. If he doesn't want it, let him sit. Once the new CBA is signed (assuming it involves some type of cap or tax situation) he'll be forced to sign for even less and have only himself to blame.

I think Turner is pretty much a guarentee to be staying. Marshal is a queston mark.

I don't think Rafi is going to get a raise. It seemed to me that he is codependent on Stevens to make him an elite player. I wasn't impressed by Rafi when he didn't have Stevens. I love Rafi but it seems he needs Scotty to be an All-Star.

I'd love to see Kozlov under Burns for a year (if anyone can make him produce it Burnsy===provided he is healthy to coach). Kozlov could turn out to be a superstar.

I don't want to give Marshall almost 2 million dollars, definitely not worth that. Niedermayer should get about 6 million dollars, esp. if a cap comes about. I think players will be lucky to continue to make what they make, since salaries in general will start to come down when the new CBA kicks in.

-scott

I would take Stevenson over Marshall, but it's really close in my books.

Nieder should be retained and be getting Marty salary.

Hrdina MUST BE SIGNED! He is a fantastic player when put with good wingers, ala Langy in the Flyers series.

I think Raf is a corner stone for our D, atleast sign him for a year, ATLEAST!

Kozlov, ah goodbye. We need the salary money, he wasn't spectacular.

Friesen...SIGN! He is a Devil. I think he would completely suck on any other team, you know he enjoys it here. Maybe he will take alittle bit of a pay cut, especially with the CBA. He's just gotta be signed.

Muss earns to be resigned in my books, COMPLETELY. The guy was a huge force in the Flyers series, he must be retained.

Guest Devsrule
Kozlov, ah goodbye. We need the salary money, he wasn't spectacular.

Friesen...SIGN! He is a Devil. I think he would completely suck on any other team, you know he enjoys it here. Maybe he will take alittle bit of a pay cut, especially with the CBA. He's just gotta be signed.

AGREE.

Kozlov may be big, but he is soft. Gionta is more of a physical presence than he is.

Friesen is a devil type player. So he had a bad year. So what? Elias had a bad year in 2003 and this season he scored 38 goals. Give Friesen a chance, he is a very good forward.

I think that you must resign the following no matter what: Rafi, Nieds, Hrdina, Kozy.

Friesen deserves to be resignes, if he still struggles, then people can start making their cases against him and i will not be so closed minded to their argument.

Stevenson or a Stevenson type is needed. This does not have to be Marshall.

Rasmus is a keeper if we can keep his salary low.

I think Stevenson will continue his injured ways cause of the style he plays.

Not many people go to nail a d-man and kill the wall like turner does. he's not worht that kinda money. Neither is marshall for that matter.

Neids is a devil and should be signed. I hope freeze/rassmussen stay.

Vince

I think Stevenson will continue his injured ways cause of the style he plays.

Not many people go to nail a d-man and kill the wall like turner does. he's not worht that kinda money

So what if he gets injured every so often. He and now Rass are the only two sizable fowards that will consistantly throw their weight around, something that was sorely lacking things year and dreadfully exposed during the series vs the flyers. Not to mention the team looks so much better with Stevenson in the lineup, Marshall has never had that effect on the team as a whole and really did absolutely nothing this year. Keep Turner.

Some folks may not believe me, because I'm not going to give my source up, but a very trusted source tells me that Gomer will not be back. He may be signed by the Devs, but will be traded. The organization feels that Parise is going to be a suitable replacement for him (which he may be, who knows yet), but it will be highly unlikely that Gomer remains a Devil. I wish that wasn't the case, but I think he'll flourish in a different system.

Some folks may not believe me, because I'm not going to give my source up, but a very trusted source tells me that Gomer will not be back. He may be signed by the Devs, but will be traded. The organization feels that Parise is going to be a suitable replacement for him (which he may be, who knows yet), but it will be highly unlikely that Gomer remains a Devil. I wish that wasn't the case, but I think he'll flourish in a different system.

And what exactly would the Devils want in return for Gomez? Ovechkin? Drury? Iginla? Gomez is a hard guy to trade because he is such a bargain for salary still. So if you're taking on a player at a higher salary it better also be someone playing at a higher talent level. Plus, age is also a factor, Gomez is still growing as a player. I can't imagine what other teams could offer the Devils that would make them feel they had to trade Gomez.

-Scott

I know it isn't talked about a lot, but didn't Gomez improve his faceoff percentage this season? Just wondering.

Anyhow, I thought he took a big step forward this year and assumed more of a leadership role on the team. When he's right, and he was right a lot this year, he's busting the trap with his skating and creating plays. I think he's too important to trade....but I guess that depends on what Lou's getting in return.

I know it isn't talked about a lot, but didn't Gomez improve his faceoff percentage this season? Just wondering.

Anyhow, I thought he took a big step forward this year and assumed more of a leadership role on the team. When he's right, and he was right a lot this year, he's busting the trap with his skating and creating plays. I think he's too important to trade....but I guess that depends on what Lou's getting in return.

Agreed and it would be ironic to think they'd trade Gomer NOW after it took about a year, a year and a half for him and Burnsie to mesh, but what would an offseason (or a regular season for that matter) be without yet another Gomer trade rumor :P

I don't see why they would trade Gomez BEFORE Parise's ever played an NHL game. If they were stacked at the position that'd be one thing but they're not. Who would be the Devils' top two centermen if they trade Gomez...Parise who's never played an NHL game and Kozlov who hasn't shown much evidence of playing a game with the Devils yet.

I'm not disagreeing with anyone, I think the Devs would be foolish to trade him for all the reasons that have been pointed out, but I'm telling you I know someone close to the organization (and Gomez) who tells me that Gomez won't be playing for the Devils for another full season.

One of the reasons was Parise, and another reason is Burns. I think we all know that Gomer didn't start off too well with him, and I'm told that the relationship isn't very good. I don't want to start any more trade Gomez rumors because I don't want to see him go, but I'm just telling you what I'm hearing from a reliable source. I don't post on this board very often, just thought I would pass it along.

I'm not disagreeing with anyone, I think the Devs would be foolish to trade him for all the reasons that have been pointed out, but I'm telling you I know someone close to the organization (and Gomez) who tells me that Gomez won't be playing for the Devils for another full season.

One of the reasons was Parise, and another reason is Burns. I think we all know that Gomer didn't start off too well with him, and I'm told that the relationship isn't very good. I don't want to start any more trade Gomez rumors because I don't want to see him go, but I'm just telling you what I'm hearing from a reliable source. I don't post on this board very often, just thought I would pass it along.

I'm sick and tired of this "I've been told this" sh!t.

Either you tell us who you are dealing with, or don't waste your time.

I mean HOI pulled this crap with Stevens not returning of Burns crap acouple months ago, and that was some "secret" source.

I'll stick with my line:

"My inside source says that your inside source is full of sh!t."

NJay, fine, I'm not going to say how I know this, but I won't say anymore about it, just to make you happy, because I guess this is a forum where we need to adhere to your wishes, right?

And enough with the tough talk okay kid, we all know what a big man you are......