GTD: Columbus @ Joisey (The Post Christmas Edition)

Derlique

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sucks to lose what...our 8th? 9th? shootout in a row. I think the Devils are now 1-23 in their last shootout attempts...but they trailed heading into the 3rd and probably didn't even so much deserve the point since Columbus had most of the territorial play in the 3rd. The Devils again were shot starved

Jagr had the right idea. Couldn't elevate. Clowe was once decent at them...but he was also once a decent hockey player and is just hot garbage right now. Elias just isn't the same at shootouts either.

Nothing you can do. The Devils have terrible 1 on 1 players

Wouldn't it be a good idea to use the only guy who has scored for you in a shoutout all year?

Boucher is the only guy that's scored in a shootout all year... So we don't use him. DeBoer logic.

I like PDB, I really do. But honestly, 1/17 on shootout attempts this year, and you don't put the kid in there? You opt for Jagr, who has made it very public that he hates the shootout, Clowe, who hasnt played a game in 3 months, and Elias, who has become about as predictable as can be?

I just don't get PDB ' s thought process. Why on earth would you not have Boucher shoot. fvck, put Lokti in there, he has moves. Put freakin Gelinas in there and have him slapshot it, Rolston style. Put Ryder in there, let him snipe a 5 hole or something. fvck, what a stupid lineup decision..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'm glad vintage Brodeur and the Devils PK showed up tonight to bail the offense out after an atrocious first 2 periods. Really happy that Henrique got the tying goal after his strong defensive work tonight.

Liked that DeBoer sat Tedenby in the 3rd, I still don't think much of him. Loktionov did well to earn himself more ice time in the 3rd.

Also have to give Gionta credit. I was pissed to see him out their during the 5 on 3 but he hooked up with Loktionov for a nice chance, kept the puck in deep, and earned the Devils a PP. I'm often critical of him but he did well tonight.

Not pissed about the final result. I'm more relieved over Brodeur and the PK earning the team a point rather than the team blowing the chance at the 2nd point in the shootout.

Jagr had the right idea but didn't get the puck up. Clowe looked like he still had his brain scrambled and Elias abandoned the wide right move for just shooting the puck into the goaltender like he gave half a sh!t. It's an utter embarrassment on a historic level.

Deboer has no idea when it comes to shootouts its like he gets brain farts each and everytime. He needs to really look at loki, ryder and boucher. Elias isnt the same anymore. he could even go with henrique just to try it out for this game but ops out of that to put in clowe just unreal. then he puts clowe on the PP his first game back why cant he put someone else in his position until he gets more playing time. He didnt deserve to be in both the shootout or the PP.