2014-2015 Around the league thread

MadDog2020

7 points in 6 and a bit games. Just a perfect fit for Detroit with so many offensive weapons on the PP

Zidlicky was a penalty machine on D, but such an awesome offensive player. Lot of fuss about Gelinas' slap shot, but Zid's is right up there. Didn't use it enough here.

Edited by devilsrule33

7 points in 6 and a bit games. Just a perfect fit for Detroit with so many offensive weapons on the PP

Zidlicky was a penalty machine on D, but such an awesome offensive player. Lot of fuss about Gelinas' slap shot, but Zid's is right up there. Didn't use it enough here.

He used it plenty.  He hit the post at least 5 times this year.  Those shots are just going in now.

Chris Kreider needs to get called on some penalties more and then we can talk about him getting suspended.

His skill in not getting penalties called on him is uncanny. 2-3 hits/plays he makes per game are borderline dangerous, but not "obviously dirty". He's hurting players though and putting them at risk of injury. I don't know how the officials haven't taken notice yet, the way they did with Cooke a few years ago or Rinaldo. I'm sorry but he's out of the "let's give him the benefit of the doubt" phase. It's not a coincidence the kind of situations he's always involved in. He is simply a dirty player.

Chris Kreider needs to get called on some penalties more and then we can talk about him getting suspended.

His skill in not getting penalties called on him is uncanny. 2-3 hits/plays he makes per game are borderline dangerous, but not "obviously dirty". He's hurting players though and putting them at risk of injury. I don't know how the officials haven't taken notice yet, the way they did with Cooke a few years ago or Rinaldo. I'm sorry but he's out of the "let's give him the benefit of the doubt" phase. It's not a coincidence the kind of situations he's always involved in. He is simply a dirty player.

Hopefully all the sh!t Kreider gets away with will come home to roost for him sooner rather than later. Preferably in the playoffs. Edited by MadDog2020

Hopefully all the sh!t Kreider gets away with will come home to roost for him sooner rather than later. Preferably in the playoffs.

I don't know, it's gone on for way too long up to this point. I used to think, "Hey maybe we're just being Devils fans and knit-picking because he's a Ranger", but he's hated around the league too. You'd think it would've caught up to him by now. I mean, by the time guys like Cooke or Rinaldo got their reputations leaguewide, the league had already taken notice and been on their backs.

Edited by DJ Eco

I don't know, it's gone on for way too long up to this point. I used to think, "Hey maybe we're just being Devils fans and knit-picking because he's a Ranger", but he's hated around the league too. You'd think it would've caught up to him by now. I mean, by the time guys like Cooke or Rinaldo got their reputations leaguewide, the league had already taken notice and been on their backs.

Well if other players hate him, why doesn't anyone make him pay a price? He seems to be accountable to nobody in the way the league ignores his bullsh!t, but I don't think I've ever seen any other players take Kreider to task. Even Montreal, whose season he sabotaged last year, let him get away with it. If he's as disliked by players on other teams as much as we dislike him, then someone needs to make the little schmuck pay a toll. Edited by MadDog2020

Well if other players hate him, why doesn't anyone make him pay a price? He seems to be accountable to nobody in the way the league ignores his bullsh!t, but I don't think I've ever seen any other players take Kreider to task. Even Montreal, whose season he sabotaged last year, let him get away with it. If he's as disliked by players on other teams as much as we dislike him, then someone needs to make the little schmuck pay a toll.

I think that's a problem with the league in general.  A lot of the toughness is gone, and the players don't "police themselves" the way they used to.  I miss it, and I think the game needs that element back.  

Kreider is 6'3" 226 lbs according to hockey-reference so good luck on finding someone to 'police' him. He's not like Cooke or Rinaldo but one of these days he will hit someone from behind and injure them seriously and the book will be thrown at him.

Size never used to matter when it came to sticking up for a teammate, but that's the game these days. The next time he takes out an opposing goalie he should end up in traction...

Size never used to matter when it came to sticking up for a teammate, but that's the game these days. The next time he takes out an opposing goalie he should end up in traction...

Sure it does - the biggest guy, who's going to get after him?  Who beat up Zdeno Chara after his hit on Pacioretty?