2017-2018 Prospects Thread

Derlique

FYI, Ray declined to sign Cormier (the Q&A article referenced below was posted in the Offseason Thread - it's worth a read IMHO): 

Another topic I discussed w/ @NJDevils Ray Shero that didn't make the Q&A was the fact he didn't re-sign goalie Evan Cormier (who reenters the draft). As of now, he's happy w/ what's in the pipeline (M Blackwood, K Appleby, Cam Johnson and Gilles Senn)

1 hour ago, Derlique said:

Why? You think a third rounder is too early to take a goalie? Or you didn't like that his stats were bad in his draft year?

Mostly my issue was with the fact he had never had great success at any level before being drafted, so selecting him in particular with that 4th round I was never sold on. There were other goalies with better track records available at that pick that I would have been way more comfortable with, namely Colton Point, Mikhail Berdin, and Veini Vehvilainen (who was never drafted). From the start the draft pick seemed like a very low chance of success and that was proven right.

Edited by CommonDreads

12 hours ago, Derlique said:

Why? You think a third rounder is too early to take a goalie? Or you didn't like that his stats were bad in his draft year?

Picking a goalie in the fourth round isn't terrible, but picking a goalie with his track record is.

• Like 1

On 28/05/2018 at 7:44 PM, Triumph said:

There's not full agreement on how names in Cyrillic are translated into English.  At some point recently the NHL changed how they would render these names - Evgeni became Yevgeni, Egor became Yegor, etc.

I believe Marchand also became Ratfacebastard. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

A little early intel on Dev Camp: 

Devils Insiders‏ @DevilsInsiders Devils Insiders Retweeted Mark Divver

Yes!!! Max Veronneau was one of the best players in NCAA last year. We reported last season that the #NJDevils had scouts at several Princeton games last year.

Mark Divver‏ @MarkDivver

NCAA free agents going to #NJDevils development camp: Max Verraneau, Princeton; Bobo Carpenter, BU; Michael Kim, BC; Brett Supinski, Union

14 hours ago, LittleBallofHate said:

A little early intel on Dev Camp: 

Devils Insiders‏ @DevilsInsiders Devils Insiders Retweeted Mark Divver

Yes!!! Max Veronneau was one of the best players in NCAA last year. We reported last season that the #NJDevils had scouts at several Princeton games last year.

Mark Divver‏ @MarkDivver

NCAA free agents going to #NJDevils development camp: Max Verraneau, Princeton; Bobo Carpenter, BU; Michael Kim, BC; Brett Supinski, Union

His name is really Bobo?

• 1 month later...

Was really impressed with Zetterlund during Sweden's games, kid seems like an athletic freak and the way he play reminds me a ton of Patric Hornqvist, we might not have as many kids in the WJC this year but I think the ones we do are going to be real good ones.

We honestly have the potential of having three captains at the World Juniors this year in Talvitie, Zetterlund, and Smith. The latter two wore C's for their teams at the Showcase last week, Smith has worn the C for Canada at the U18's.

• Like 2

On 8/8/2018 at 9:28 AM, LittleBallofHate said:

They have Ty Smith listed as a forward lol 😋

OHHH new emojis, welcome to 2018 NJDevs!

Edited by NJDevils1214

18 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

You saved me the trouble of posting this  😀  I especially liked this bit at the end - it should be interesting to see how much of a motivator the two open spots are for the kids this summer: 

"They told us at the start of development camp that they were looking for two guys in that room to make the team this year, so I say to myself, 'Why not me? I know I'm able to do it. I know I fit into what the organization is looking for. So I just want to prove to them that I've worked hard to earn the opportunity to make the team and will give them everything I have.

He stopped and smiled before continuing: "I am so excited for camp this year. You have no idea. I can't wait for September."   <- Amen to that. 

• Like 1