GDT: Devils @ Senators 2/6/18 7:30PM

Nicomo

1 minute ago, Antiquated Colorado Rockie said:

maybe but that wouldn't be my take, as I posted just the other day I believe that togetherness and standing up for each other may not win you every battle but helps you win the war. 

The team does plenty of this.  They've taken all sorts of penalties sticking up for one another, including a penalty that Lovejoy took earlier that game.  I think Greene was caught off guard with just how riled up Burrows was.

Hard to believe it was only his second suspension.  Even though he's been fined a handful of times as well.  I think ten games was fair here and even though they would never admit it I think the fact that Taylor wasn't hurt and just happened to score a few mins later may have helped Burrows.

Still a complete horsesh!t move that was just described and full blown MMA ground and pound on the Rangers/Bruins game.  Imagine how a guy like Mojo would fare being kneed in the back of the head like that?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You aren’t allowed to knee a downed opponent in the head in MMA either...

As far as the suspension goes, 10 games is fine where he doesn’t have a real history and nobody was hurt. 

Good point they changed that years ago in  the UFC.  Anybody else remember when eye gouging I think was the only thing you couldn't do?

Looking back would of been a sign of good faith if Greene at least gave Burrows the stink eye and the finger. 

18 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You aren’t allowed to knee a downed opponent in the head in MMA either...

As far as the suspension goes, 10 games is fine where he doesn’t have a real history and nobody was hurt. 

you know a move is pretty bad when it is deemed too predatory for MMA

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Triumph said:

So when Rinaldo slew foots Parise - after the whistle - in 2012 in a game where Boulton dressed, what does that say?  Or when Worrell runs every Devil in games where Oliwa dressed, and we can go on and on about all the cheap shots the Devils took when they dressed goons because goons don't deter anything.  Alex Burrows has been in the league for over a decade, he has a reputation as being a dirty player, and no one has somehow convinced him not to do this stuff.  I'm sure people have beat him up.  It doesn't matter.  It didn't matter when Claude Lemieux did the stuff he did.  These guys have played this way their whole lives and catching a beating for it isn't going to stop them.  It just feels good to do it, that's all.

I agree with this and I wonder when the league will come around to it.  I'd mitigate it somewhat - that a suspension must, by default, include all other games against the team that season, but that the Devils would get to pick which other games Burrows would miss.  The thing is, I imagine that in the past teams didn't want this because they want to get their own revenge on that guy.

Of course it doesn't completely eliminate everything, and back when the Worrell thing happened cheap shots were more commonplace, but in general the Devils are being picked on and abused and run more this year than in previous years. We're all watching it. We see it.

15 minutes ago, '7' said:

Of course it doesn't completely eliminate everything, and back when the Worrell thing happened cheap shots were more commonplace, but in general the Devils are being picked on and abused and run more this year than in previous years. We're all watching it. We see it.

And I think it's random and you don't.  How often does any team have 2 players suspended for 5+ games for dirty plays against them in a season, much less within 2 weeks of one another?  And yes, Hischier is getting run, but I don't think 'standing up' for that does anything now that the NHL has an instigator rule.