GDT: Devils @ Capitals, 4/7/18, 7:00pm

mfitz804

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I like that we’re knocking a guy for wanting to play. I don’t care what his motivation is. I don’t get mad that someone wants to sit so they get “rest” and don’t get hurt, but I also don’t have a problem with a guy going out and playing. 

Yeah, because that's the argument. Get out of here with that. Such straw man. No one is knocking a player for wanting to play. It's been thoroughly explained why it's bad in previous posts. 

Just now, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

You remember the final game a few years ago? Palms gets goal #30, Rico gets goal #30, this forum celebrates like crazy. Those devils were eliminated in fvcking February. 

But naw let’s just say “LOL FUK U” to an all time great because he’s got no cups. Spoiler alert: neither do Rico and Palms, and they celebrated like animals when they hit 30.

I guess stat chasing is ok if you are out of the playoffs, but not if you’re in?

You remember the final game a few years ago? Palms gets goal #30, Rico gets goal #30, this forum celebrates like crazy. Those devils were eliminated in fvcking February. 

But naw let’s just say “LOL FUK U” to an all time great because he’s got no cups. Spoiler alert: neither do Rico and Palms, and they celebrated like animals when they hit 30.

Honestly, it was kind of sad. But the Devils didn't have anything else to play for at that point. They didn't need to focus on the playoffs.

• Like 1

I don't get all the love Ovi gets.  He's a complete loser in the playoffs, a typical Russian me-first type of player and has taken more than a few cheap shots in his career.  He gets to basically control the destiny of the entire team because the Caps owner has the most severe man-crush an owner could ever have on a player.

May he go down in history as the best player to never win the cup.  He is a loser when it counts and will always be a loser.

Edited by DevsMan84
  • Like 1

Just now, Neb00rs said:

Yeah, because that's the argument. Get out of here with that. Such straw man. No one is knocking a player for wanting to play. It's been thoroughly explained why it's bad in previous posts. 

Yeah but the explanation makes no fvcking sense. 

Stat chasing is ok if you play for the devils, a national embarrassment if you don’t. 

Some salty bitches in here.

I just can’t be salty. We’re in the playoffs, the Devils obviously didn’t give a sh!t tonight and neither do I. 

1 minute ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

I’ve met Ted Leonsis more than a handful of times and this post is uneducated and untrue. He’s done everything in his power to build a winner around Ovie. 

He builds it to what Ovi wants, not to what would build a winning team.

1 minute ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

So to summarize: palms and Rico are fair game because their team was eliminated. Ovechkin is a “bitch stat chaser” because he carried them to their 4729371938th straight playoffs.

no no no don’t worry that makes perfect sense.

It makes sense KitB whether you want to buy it or not. First off, like I said, it was kind of sad to be chasing 30 goals as consolation. And Palmieri wasn't exactly jovial either and didn't celebrate it like they just won a playoff game. But yes, when you don't have to worry about the playoffs at all, why would you not play and play hard for whatever you can?

RECAP:

• Who gives a fvck, we’re in the playoffs. 

GOALIE RECAP:

• Goal 1: Who gives a fvck, we’re in the playoffs. 
  • Goal 2: Who gives a fvck, we’re in the playoffs. 
  • Goal 3: Who gives a fvck, we’re in the playoffs. 
  • Goal 4: Who gives a fvck, we’re in the playoffs. 
  • Goal 5: Who gives a fvck, we’re in the playoffs. 

ADVANCED METRIC GOBBLEDYGOOK:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

RECAP:

GOALIE RECAP:

• Goal 1: Who gives a fvck, we’re in the playoffs. 
  • Goal 2: Who gives a fvck, we’re in the playoffs. 
  • Goal 3: Who gives a fvck, we’re in the playoffs. 
  • Goal 4: Who gives a fvck, we’re in the playoffs. 
  • Goal 5: Who gives a fvck, we’re in the playoffs. 

ADVANCED METRIC GOBBLEDYGOOK:

I love you. @Kinkyisth3b3st needs to win me back...

2 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Honestly, that was the saddest me-first bullsh!t I've ever seen. The whole team trying to get Ovie 50. Go get ready for the playoffs sh!theads.

Right, and if Hall was playing nobody would be trying to feed him his 40th...