GDT: Devils @ Lightning - 11/25/18, 7:00pm

NJDfan1711

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

KK's been given the #1 treatment...on that count, Hynes is in very tough spot...if Cory is the (very expensive) backup for now, he's gotta play at some point...obviously I've reached the point where I don't think the Devils can keep trying to find spots for him though.  

Greene I agree with, at some point Hynes has to take off the fvcking blinders with this guy.  He's fvcking brutal.  Only problem is I'm not sure who the Devils have that can do what Greene is supposed to be able to do in theory.  

But like you said, when is enough enough with Cory. At what point do we stop trotting him out there in the hopes he turns his sh!t around. Sure he rebounded rather admirably in Carolina, but he still is a liability

3 minutes ago, jagknife said:

But like you said, when is enough enough with Cory. At what point do we stop trotting him out there in the hopes he turns his sh!t around. Sure he rebounded rather admirably in Carolina, but he still is a liability

That's what I'm saying...tonight was enough for me.  Do what you can with Cory, but not at the cost of everyone else during the course of games.  He can't play for the big club right now.  Problem is Lack has been bad for Bingo this season and Blackwood probably isn't ready yet.  Tri called it...there's a goalie crisis right now, mostly due to Cory's situation.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

Just now, jagknife said:

Saying Cory rebounded admirably is like saying the 16 year old kid did well on his driving test after initially hitting the two old ladies in the crosswalk. The damage was already done. 

Cory DOOMS this team. Every. Single. Start. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

That's what I'm saying...tonight was enough for me.  Do what you can with Cory, but not at the cost of everyone else during the course of games.  He can't play for the big club right now.  Problem is Lack has been bad for Bingo this season and Blackwood probably isn't ready yet.  Tri called it...there's a goalie crisis right now, mostly due to Cory's situation.

I misunderstood then, apologies.

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Saying Cory rebounded admirably is like saying the 16 year old kid did well on his driving test after initially hitting the two old ladies in the crosswalk. The damage was already done. 

No regular season wins since last December. You’re not wrong.

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I’ve had it with him and his black cloud. He can’t stop a beach ball at this point....  I’m telling you, between this disaster and the Dolphins trainwreck, my head feels like it’s ready to explode. Days like today make me wish I didn’t like sports. 😞

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’ve had it with him and his black cloud. He can’t stop a beach ball at this point....  I’m telling you, between this disaster and the Dolphins trainwreck, my head feels like it’s ready to explode. Days like today make me wish I didn’t like sports. 😞

Giants, Red Bull’s, Devils. A hat trick of embarrassment for me!

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Dude, my team got embarrassed by the fvcking Browns today. At home. Our coach has been here 16 seasons with O playoff wins, and our backup QB played better than our ginger haired choirboy starter...

I need to go watch some old videos of the 00 and 03 Devils or something to bring me off the ledge lol

• Like 1

Just now, Nicomo said:

Dude, my team got embarrassed by the fvcking Browns today. At home. Our coach has been here 16 seasons with O playoff wins, and our backup QB played better than our ginger haired choirboy starter...

I need to go watch some old videos of the 00 and 03 Devils or something to bring me off the ledge lol

For me the predictability of the Giants was actually laughable. When you can call a loss, and how, at the half can made it entertaining.

Just now, Nicomo said:

Oh yes the good old days. Eons ago............... lol truly missed

I'm not quite sure what we can do other than being patient and hoping some good UFA are available next summer... that ome good trade opportunities come along or that the cap doesn't go up so that some teams may be fvcked and forced into making trades.

Even if we'd fire Hynes, we still have a pretty average roster due to bad drafting for decades, no good prospects in the pipeline and not many good assets for trades, not much available on the market last summer and we're not an attractive destination for UFAs... and it's only theoretical that another coach would do any better.