GDT: PANTHERS at DEVILS 7 p.m., MSG+

eaglejelly

9 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Anyone else still doubting Hughes?

As far as my worry list goes, he’s never been on it.  You can see it’s all there.  Just needs time, games, and linemates not named Wayne Simmonds.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Except no one is asking .975 of him.  You don’t need to exaggerate to make a point.

C’mon, this is a stir-the-pot kind of post.  You know full well that .886 ain’t going to get it done in the NHL.  But like I said in a previous post, it was a what-the-hell kind of move that cost almost nothing, and made it that much easier to keep Cory off the big club.  All I said was that he can’t be here next season.  He’s a fringer at best, whose best stretch was being passable for a loaded Tampa team last season.  

The point is that what are our options? We don't live in a fantasy world. We're stuck paying a 6m goalie who completely sucks. We're lucky to have a starter that we're paying less than a million, he's a deal right now. And we got Dom on a gamble hoping he could at least be better than schneider (which he is).

We all wanted Schneider off the team. This is a lost season. Well since we couldn't get Bobrovki or Carey price to cancel their contract and sign a cheap deal with us... well that's the option we had. Schneider is off the team now. But we're still whining.

Edited by SterioDesign

5 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

He's an absolute clown, the block feature at least makes scrolling past all the garbage a little bit quicker. 

Dude do you honestly think anyone here is he a fan of your constant whining and negativity? that's literally all you bring to this place you damn loser

6 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

The point is that what are our options? We don't live in a fantasy world. We're stuck paying a 6m goalie who completely sucks. We're lucky to have a starter that we're paying less than a million, he's a deal right now. And we got Dom on a gamble hoping he could at least be better than schneider (which he is).

We all wanted Schneider off the team. Well since we couldn't get Bobrovki or Carey price to cancel their contract and sign a cheap deal with us... well that's the option we had. Schneider is off the team now. But we're still whining.

You’re arguing a point that I didn’t make.  All I said is that he can’t be here next season.  Like I said, I understood the deal and I also understand that he will play some games as the season winds down.

That being said, it would’ve made more sense to have started him against Detroit. No, he’s not good (not nearly consistently enough, anyway) but why not put your players in the best position to succeed?  Why not let a red-hot Mac get tonight’s game, having gotten a couple of days off?  As much as Brent Sutter had warts, when Marty was out, he basically let Weekes get the bottom-feeders, and started Clemmer against the better clubs.  I’d like to see a similar division of the remaining workload for Blackwood and Domingue...not 100% that, but approaching that kind of breakdown.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

We all wanted Schneider off the team. Well since we couldn't get Bobrovki or Carey price to cancel their contract and sign a cheap deal with us... well that's the option we had. Schneider is off the team now. But we're still whining.

Holy sh!t talk about an M Night Shamalan type of twist there.

So because people didn’t want Cory anywhere near this team anymore, we are forbidden from complaining about our backup who has a sub-.900%?

Wow...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Dude do you honestly think anyone here is he a fan of your constant whining and negativity? that's literally all you bring to this place you damn loser

Hey bud this is the last thing I'm going to say to you since I unfortunately have to see your posts anyway even though I tried to block you to try to avoid you. The only thing worse than this horrendous disappointment of a season is having to read your woe is me I'm such a victim posts all season long and the constant same bs posts you always do.

Have a nice a life and go fvck yourself. 

9 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Holy sh!t talk about an M Night Shamalan type of twist there.

So because people didn’t want Cory anywhere near this team anymore, we are forbidden from complaining about our backup who has a sub-.900%?

Wow...

thats crazy indeed, who said that anyway? lol 

Edited by SterioDesign

Just now, pumpkin cutter said:

I am smelling a comeback, or a blowout. 

They do play hard most nights, just need a coach who can actually coach.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

We all wanted Schneider off the team. This is a lost season. Well since we couldn't get Bobrovki or Carey price to cancel their contract and sign a cheap deal with us... well that's the option we had. Schneider is off the team now. But we're still whining.

Ffs man just let people whine during a game like this...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

thats crazy indeed, who said that anyway? lol 

“We all wanted Schneider off the team... (Extreme sensationalism of fans’ expectations)...and we’re still whining.”

Look, you want to paint yourself as the ideal fan where you never complain about performance and cherry pick stats to prove a point, fine, be my guest. But you are literally fishing for the toxicity at this point with your posts on a pretty consistent basis is now.

• Thanks 1

Just now, jagknife said:

If we can keep the push going, hell yeah, but our defensive zone approach and goaltending need to be sharp

I can see them deflating very quickly if Domingue gives up a bad goal for sure.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

“We all wanted Schneider off the team... (Extreme sensationalism of fans’ expectations)...and we’re still whining.”

Look, you want to paint yourself as the ideal fan where you never complain about performance and cherry pick stats to prove a point, fine, be my guest. But you are literally fishing for the toxicity at this point with your posts on a pretty consistent basis is now.

Yeah, it’s honestly been pretty tame in this thread other than a little bit of bitching about Dom, and Zacha/Carrick watching a goal happen. 

As long as there’s a balance. And there’s been positivity in here (Hughes, Palms). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I am alright with whining. It is the Hughes' play should have us worried, Louie Domingue is sub-human, and this person or that person shouldn't be alive sh!t that gets on my nerves. 

I mean, I called Dom trash, but I hope people understand it’s a heat of the moment GDT comment... Lol

• Like 2

Just now, Nicomo said:

I mean, I called Dom trash, but I hope people understand it’s a heat of the moment GDT comment... Lol

Of course, I also don’t like that he’s been sub-average lately. All I’m hoping for is average, and Nas should have yanked him before that 5th goal. He looked rough, at best.