Jump to content

2021 Seattle Expansion Draft


Jerzey
 Share

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I don't blame the media. If you're not first you're last in that industry, so if someone decides not to leak it on principle someone else will and that's just lost exposure for some. Either way, someone's going to tell. 

I think some folks are missing the mark on this. The media doesn’t leak anything, the media reports leaks that they are provided. They aren’t the issue, it is someone with inside knowledge of Seattle’s picks OR someone from the league who leaked the information. 

I get that blaming the media is a part time job for some people, but honestly, they are reporting a story they received, that’s their entire function. 

11 minutes ago, MB3 said:

if the rangers trade buch for Blackwell and Giordano i will laugh myself catatonic 

Will it be worse when they retain half of Giordano’s cap hit?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, titans04 said:

 

If true, the issue I have is not that the Rangers got Giordano and we didn't (he simply doesn't match our timeline by a country mile).  However, it is that I wish the Devils would be a more creative like this.  However, apparently a lot of side deals have been made with Seattle that will be revealed tonight, so I will hold my scorn until then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I think some folks are missing the mark on this. The media doesn’t leak anything, the media reports leaks that they are provided. They aren’t the issue, it is someone with inside knowledge of Seattle’s picks OR someone from the league who leaked the information. 

I get that blaming the media is a part time job for some people, but honestly, they are reporting a story they received, that’s their entire function. 

Will it be worse when they retain half of Giordano’s cap hit?

Someone pointed out to me that for the NFL with draft picks, the media pretty much knows the order but they have some sort of understanding or gentleman's agreement not to leak them prior to the draft.

Also, most of the leaks happened to come from 2 insiders who didn't seem to have their contracts picked up by ESPN, so I wonder if that was a big motivator for them as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Someone pointed out to me that for the NFL with draft picks, the media pretty much knows the order but they have some sort of understanding or gentleman's agreement not to leak them prior to the draft.

Also, most of the leaks happened to come from 2 insiders who didn't seem to have their contracts picked up by ESPN, so I wonder if that was a big motivator for them as well.

If that’s true, then it’s their own fault for allowing the media to have that information. There is literally no reason for the media to have it other than to publish it. Getting upset when they subsequently publish it, because they did so too early, well that’s just your own fault.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, titans04 said:

Just read somewhere else about an hour ago any trades involving Seattle will be announced tonight.  Who either way the leagues as all of you have stated once again comes across as a clown show.

Hopefully the fvcking trades won’t be leaked too…. That’s the lady bit of intrigue there is with this event.

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

if the rangers trade buch for Blackwell and Giordano i will laugh myself catatonic 

C’mon now. You KNOW they won’t have to give up anything meaningful. They never do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

If you tell Michael Scott a secret, who is really at fault? Eveyone knows Michael can't keep a secret! 

The Office No GIF

In this case and based on what some people are saying in here... it's not Michael Scott's fault at all if he tells the secret to everyone, that's simply what he does. The only problem is people telling him the secret.

Ok ok ok ok. No accountability on Michael Scott at all. I get it, i get it.

Lol why are people so black and white? It's possible that one than more cog in a machine is problematic.

 

 

Edited by SterioDesign
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SterioDesign said:

In this case and based on what some people are saying in here... it's not Michael Scott's fault at all if he tells the secret to everyone, that's simply what he does. The only problem is people telling him the secret.

Ok ok ok ok. No accountability on Michael Scott at all. I get it, i get it.

 

 

 

82551d60df7e753be406ea1c0dbc586c.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yanni Gourde was selected. That’s a big loss for Tampa. They’ve lost that whole line now.

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Dreiger was in attendance and came out with the jersey on. They look pretty good. 

The jersey is definitely sharp. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

This thing is taking a while. They've only gotten through the Atlantic division so far

It’s scheduled for an hour and a half. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Devil Dan 56 said:

Well that seems unnecessary. 

Putting this on TV seems unnecessary given everyone knows all of the picks. 

Mocking the Devils…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

He mocked the Leafs earlier. That was funnier.

It was. 

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

Who the hell are half of these guys?

The Nathan Bastians of their respective franchises. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.