The 2021 Offseason Thread

jagknife

23 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

This is an absolute no-brainer for Coleman. Take the highest offer. His kids are super young, and he has the rest of his life to live back in Texas once he retires. With 2 Cups already make that money while you can. 

Don't forget that he just had 2 kids back to back. And that their locations or him winning more games won't feed them. What will feed them is money. And there's 2 of them so he needs as much money as he can get. I know that goes against what i said earlier but from that angle and more family oriented point of view. He really should try to see where he could get the most money, cause really everything else won't do that

11 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Don't forget that he just had 2 kids back to back. And that their locations or him winning more games won't feed them. What will feed them is money. And there's 2 of them so he needs as much money as he can get. I know that goes against what i said earlier but from that angle and more family oriented point of view. He really should try to see where he could get the most money, cause really everything else won't do that

I’m sure it’s hard to feed kids on any old NHL salary. 

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m sure it’s hard to feed kids on any old NHL salary. 

Oh okay, just cause i have the unpopular opinion saying that he should go to the highest bidder. So cause you don't agree clearly, you feel the need to mock my take. I see how it is

Edited by SterioDesign

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

Oh okay, just cause i have the unpopular opinion saying that he should go to the highest bidder. So cause you don't agree clearly, you feel the need to mock my take. I see how it is

Maybe if you just took the time to try and understand what I’m saying, you would realize we’re actually agreeing. 

I’m saying he SHOULD try to make the MOST money NOW, because he has already won two Stanley Cups, and he is almost 30. 

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Maybe if you just took the time to try and understand what I’m saying, you would realize we’re actually agreeing. 

I’m saying he SHOULD try to make the MOST money NOW, because he has already won two Stanley Cups, and he is almost 30. 

yeah but YOU forget that he has 2 kids to feed. 

Also this might be his last big payday. 

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

yeah but YOU forget that he has 2 kids to feed. 

Also this might be his last big payday. 

And you forgot the two Stanley cups and he is almost 30. If you also factor in that it’s his last big payday and he has kids to feed, that should cover it. 

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

And you forgot the two Stanley cups and he is almost 30. If you also factor in that it’s his last big payday and he has kids to feed, that should cover it. 

We would be able to overpay for him even more if we can get rid of PK Subban.

The more i think about it actually, i'm actually not a very big fan of Subban

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

We would be able to overpay for him even more if we can get rid of PK Subban.

The more i think about it actually, i'm actually not a very big fan of Subban

It’s like when the Montreal media interviews your girlfriend, and you forgot you had a girlfriend because you were spending all of your time winning two cups and trying to get the biggest payday you can because it’s your last big contract. 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

It’s like when the Montreal media interviews your girlfriend, and you forgot you had a girlfriend because you were spending all of your time winning two cups and trying to get the biggest payday you can because it’s your last big contract. 

And then you feel the rush as you're almost 30 and you wanted kids

29 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Unless we can sign one of Mrazek, grubauer, ullmark, anderson, rask, bernier or Reimer, etc You'd think that this is something we'd look into. The list of goalies available to Seattle is ridiculous

Devils retain Subban and bring in Carey Price, @SterioDesignquits being a hockey fan to focus on movie memorabilia. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I'm still not sold on Tarasenko's health. But worth a shot, especially if its a Johnsson replacement. 

Worst case scenario, he gets LTIR'd, comes back for the playoffs and leads the tournament in scoring, right?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I'm still not sold on Tarasenko's health. But worth a shot, especially if its a Johnsson replacement. 

Hard no to Tarasenko.  Guy just seems like he's too banged up.  

33 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Hard no to Tarasenko.  Guy just seems like he's too banged up.  

Take it with a pinch of salt because there’s bias involved but there was a recent article with Tarasenko’s latest surgeon who said his shoulder is better than ever now. If healthy, Tarasenko is going to have a massive chip on his shoulder.