Prospects Thread- 2021-21

Chimaira_Devil_#9

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Two Taylor Halls as well.

There's a LOT of people in the world with the same first and last name as me...that's how it goes when your last name is Olson...right up there with Smith and Jones.  

yeah i have the french version of that sort of name lol 

There is a lawyer in Brielle, NJ with my exact first name, middle initial and last name as me. The Court once accidentally assigned one of his cases to me in their computer, and I got to call him. Asked for him by name, they asked who was calling, I said the same name…”not like from the future or anything”, just have the same name. 

They didn’t find me funny. 

Nice guy though, we wound up chatting for about a half hour. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, SterioDesign said:

yeah i have the french version of that sort of name lol 

The other thing is deal with is my last name constantly being misspelled...for some reason people default to the Norwegian version (Olsen).  It makes my daughter crazy, when her last name is misspelled on some form.  I basically told her to get used to it.  

Sorry, haven't had a chance to do any updates lately , lots going on. 

Start with Russia:

Arseny Gritsyuk:

There is no let up from this kid. He is having a ridiculously good playoffs with Avangard. 12 games played so far 6 goals , 4 assists. 

The series between Avangard and Mettalurg has swung back and forth so far, with it now bring tied at 3-3. The decider is Wednesday. 

Shakir Mukhamadullin:

Shak's season is over. Ufa lost their series 4-2. The team struggled massively after they lost a lot of the Finn's on the roster due to the invasion of Ukraine. 

After a bright start to the season the disruption of the cancelled WJC messed his season up. Hi didn't play a game from November to January, and when he finally did get back he looked rusty. 

He still hasn't managed to score a point dating back to October the 31st ( although that's only a 10 game span because of his absence). 

He finished the season with 34 regular season games played, 3 goals and 4 assists, and 11 playoff games without a point. 

Will be interesting to see if he gets another chance at the rescheduled summer WJC.

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9
  • Like 3

Russia Continued:

Yegor Zaitsev: Dynamo Moscow 

Dynamo made the playoffs and managed to won their first round against Servastal. But then were promptly swept by CSKA 4-0. 

Zaitsev played in all 11 of Dynamos playoff games , finishing with 2 points. In the regular season he finished with 9 points in 45 games , which matched his total for the year before, but in less games. His total points isn't great. Amongst D men his age or younger he places 7th overall for total points. Earlier on on the season I asked one of the stats/scout accounts on twitter for a general analysis of his play and this was the response. 

So for someone who is noted for his offensive play the points aren't that high, that being said it's not a high scoring league , especially for D men. 

This was his 6th season in the KHL and his contract expires at the end of next season. It will be interesting to see what he does next. Butbi can't see him factoring into the Devil's future plans at the back end. 

On 3/28/2022 at 11:02 AM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Ever watch "Fringe"?  That was a big part of the show (two parallel universes where each "Earth" was very similar, but not identical).  

There were dopplegangers in each world of course...in the case of one primary character "Walter", he was "Walter" in our world, with fans calling the other version of him "Walternate".  And the Olivia character in that other world was called "Faux-livia" by fans.

It was actually a pretty cool show...the list of differences between the worlds was pretty in-depth, especially in the US (some states were different, the Statue of Liberty never turned green from patima, blimps are still a common form of travel, etc).

This was a good one. Unfortunately canceled after two seasons

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4643084/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Every time I think I have got time to post something another interruption comes up. 

Russia -Part 3

Daniil Mysul: Lokomotiv Yaroslav 

Mysul's season is also over. Locomotive were swept 4-0 in the first round by CSKA. Mysul appeared in 3 of the 4 playoff games missing the decider. He had no points in his three playoff games and was a minus 3. He was playing as a third line shut down D man averaging 13 minutes of ice time. 

His post season stats match his regular season in terms of TOI and points. With only 2 points in 42 games. His contract with Lokomotive ends next season. 

Zakhar Bardakov: SKA St Petersburg

Bardakov has had an interesting season. He started off in the VHL before finding his way to the KHL and appearing in 19 regular season games. He has managed to work his way into a very stacked CSKA lineup for the playoffs. So far he has appeart in 9 games, with no points. He has had a very limited role on the 4th line averaging 11 minutes of ice time. 

He picked up an interesting penalty the other day where he dropped the gloves to fight , but the other player refused. 

SKA are still in the playoffs do Bardakovs season continues. 

More than that, he helped carry the load for his team when a number of high-profile teammates were away at the Olympics. In the six games that those players were out for the Olympics, Hughes had 7 goals and 10 points, against Wisconsin, Michigan State and Ohio State.

He’s going to go absolutely off next year when he’s put into an even bigger role. 

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

More than that, he helped carry the load for his team when a number of high-profile teammates were away at the Olympics. In the six games that those players were out for the Olympics, Hughes had 7 goals and 10 points, against Wisconsin, Michigan State and Ohio State.

He’s going to go absolutely off next year when he’s put into an even bigger role. 

Or maybe see a slight drop in production since he'll face tougher competition on a regular basis. But that's a good thing, he needs that

42 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Or maybe see a slight drop in production since he'll face tougher competition on a regular basis. But that's a good thing, he needs that

Nah, I’m betting we see him put up even bigger numbers next year. He’s already better than most of his peers. And that’s as the 3rd youngest player in college hockey. The level of competition isn’t really going to change that much. He’s just going to be “the guy” once Power is gone though. 

12 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Nah, I’m betting we see him put up even bigger numbers next year. He’s already better than most of his peers. And that’s as the 3rd youngest player in college hockey. The level of competition isn’t really going to change that much. He’s just going to be “the guy” once Power is gone though. 

he's certainly been impressive for his age and he will likely continue to strive no questions there. im just saying if he's production drops a bit that it's technically normal but also part of the process. 

But also he's going to get PP minutes which i believe he's not at the moment or not much. So then technically he should rack up more points that way too

Edited by SterioDesign

Gritsyuk's season is over. Avangard lost game seven 4-0 to Mettalurg. This was always going to be close as these are two of the best teams in the KHL. Metallurg were ranked #1 over so taking it to 7 games was by no means easy  but as defending champions Avangard will be a bit disappointed. 

Gritsyuk's contract runs out at the end of next season. So with the current political climate and the contract it's hard to see him coming across for next season, which is a shame because I think he could make a difference. 

He finished the season with 16 goals, 12 assists for 28 points in 38 games. That equates to 45 points in the NHL over 82 games. In the playoffs he finishes with 10 points in 13 games. He is currently 5th in overall playoff scoring and leads the playoffs in goals scored. 

He had an incredible season. Let's hope we see him in New Jersey soon rather than later. 

• Like 3

Definitely could go either way with Luke Hughes. He will get tougher minutes, which will be helpful for him developing his defensive game. We can expect that his shooting percentage will likely go down a bit too. But as mentioned, he will be getting first unit PP time with Power gone. And Luke’s development trajectory has been insane since his draft year. I wouldn’t count anything out. 

6 hours ago, nessus said:

Definitely could go either way with Luke Hughes. He will get tougher minutes, which will be helpful for him developing his defensive game. We can expect that his shooting percentage will likely go down a bit too. But as mentioned, he will be getting first unit PP time with Power gone. And Luke’s development trajectory has been insane since his draft year. I wouldn’t count anything out. 

FWIW I saw his coach said his biggest improvement is his decision making. If that is true I'd expect his game to take a big leap when he is not trying to do too much or make risky plays that aren't really there. Obviously, his defensive game overall needs to improve as well though.