• Draft Slafkovsky
    • Draft Nemec
    • Draft Jiricek
    • Trade down
    • Trade for immediate help
    • Draft Cooley
    • Other

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

i'll be fully honest with you. I'd even throw Thompson in that deal if that can help. Cause i assume the Oilers would have to take on some salary.

Now you are just getting crazy. Everyone knows an Edmonton trade is one for one. 

9 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well i can't go back and find them all cause in the last week that's all i see on my feed. Since MTL are linked to Shane Wright that's all we get in my news feed.

But here's one that i remember, Grant McCagg who use to be a scout for MTL and now runs this site https://recrutes.ca

You can also start from this tweet and read his other tweets and comments

This is the guy that thought McLeod was some franchise player… lol

6 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

This is the guy that thought McLeod was some franchise player… lol

Yeah well i never said i agreed with his opinions or anything lol but he's a pro scout who is pushing that narrative and claims there's more.

Right now from what ive seen in the media. Some are arguing between Wright or Cooley, who they should pick. Or Wright and Slafkovsky.

1 minute ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Montreal is run by their fans and media. It’ll be very interesting to see what happens if they don’t select Wright since everyone was so high on him until recently. 

And interesting to see wtf we do if he is still available. 

19 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

And interesting to see wtf we do if he is still available. 

Very true. Although I do wonder if this is one of those things where they try to make the draft more interesting, like when they said Kakko was impressing people and could go ahead of Jack or when suddenly people were reporting that Tampa might not take Stamkos. 

13 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Very true. Although I do wonder if this is one of those things where they try to make the draft more interesting, like when they said Kakko was impressing people and could go ahead of Jack or when suddenly people were reporting that Tampa might not take Stamkos. 

It could certainly be that. 

Montreal is not going to pass up the chance to take a Canadian kid who’s been the consensus 1OA for the last couple years. Especially with the draft being in their building - in front of their own fans. Wright also plays a position of need for them. They have nothing at center outside of Suzuki. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Montreal is not going to pass up the chance to take a Canadian kid who’s been the consensus 1OA for the last couple years. Especially with the draft being in their building - in front of their own fans. Wright also plays a position of need for them. They have nothing at center outside of Suzuki. 

I really can’t imagine they don’t take him. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Yeah that's what im thinking, they really can't take the chance to not at least get a player who will be very useful for them, Wright appears to be a safe bet.

• Like 1

Getting back to goalies Bill Guerin said today that they are looking to keep both Fleury and Talbot as their tandem for next year. They also donged Jesper Wallstedt to his ECL. 

Obviously it's not a done deal, but that could be one more name off the UFA market in the summer. 

Also ready that Toronto are trying to sort out their roster for next year and have made some intial offers to their UFA's. One of which was Jack Campbell. Rumour has it that Dubas offered him $2.75 million a year, which is a massive low ball. This could potentially push him towards the exit. However in his exit interview he has said his priority is remaining with the Leafs. 

28 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

To be fair the Franchise he was referring to was the Binghamton Devils. 

Huh? He said McLeod should have been a top 5 pick, and that he was “his favorite prospect he’s scouted in years.”

23 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

How so, he says he ranked him top 5 for the 2016 Draft!!

6 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Huh? He said McLeod should have been a top 5 pick, and that he was “his favorite prospect he’s scouted in years.”

th?id=OIP.--VVqvRekSIUtGA8kMHxUAAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=207&h=169

I think CD#9 was just making a funny...

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Getting back to goalies Bill Guerin said today that they are looking to keep both Fleury and Talbot as their tandem for next year. They also donged Jesper Wallstedt to his ECL. 

Obviously it's not a done deal, but that could be one more name off the UFA market in the summer. 

Also ready that Toronto are trying to sort out their roster for next year and have made some intial offers to their UFA's. One of which was Jack Campbell. Rumour has it that Dubas offered him $2.75 million a year, which is a massive low ball. This could potentially push him towards the exit. However in his exit interview he has said his priority is remaining with the Leafs. 

Bolded is either my new favorite auto correct or my new favorite verb for signing players. 

Campbell says that’s his priority but 2.75 isn’t gonna come close. Fitz has to be looking at him and Husso this offseason 

• Haha 2

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

th?id=OIP.--VVqvRekSIUtGA8kMHxUAAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=207&h=169

I think CD#9 was just making a funny...

Yup, missed it. 

Just now, Devil Dan 56 said:

Bolded is either my new favorite auto correct or my new favorite verb for signing players. 

Right. As in “Do you think we can dong Gaudreau this off-season?”

23 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I’d like to but I’m worried that Philly will swing in and dong him up long term. 

Definitely fever franchises looking to dong the crap out of that guy. 

22 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Nvm missed the original dong post lol. 

And it wasn’t even me who said it!!

39 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Campbell says that’s his priority but 2.75 isn’t gonna come close. Fitz has to be looking at him and Husso this offseason 

Hahaha , amazing. This phone at times just goes off the wall. 

45 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Oh. 

Yeah, sorry , was probably funnier in my head.