Utica Comets Thread 2022-23

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Start off a new year with some new additions:

When I had a look at Parents Numbers for last season I was really optimistic. 51 goals 55 assists in 66 games. Then I looked at his full bio and he is 21 and in the QMJHL. 

Stevens is a unit at 6ft 3. He had his best pro season with Utica the year before the Devil's took over the organisation. 

Blujus is a career AHLer who spent part of last year in the ECHL. He also has three seasons at Utica under his belt from 2017-2020. 

Bratt is getting discussed in other threads. He is the only player here on a two way contract. He had a goal and an assist in 35 games for AIK last year. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Bratt's brother, Scott's son, Bernie's grandson, and Peter North's son. 

You sick fvck 😉 🤣

With the trade for Marino, I'm interested in Walsh's development this year.  These two were linemates at Harvard, for maybe 2 seasons.  

Walsh is the puck-mover, and Marino the stay-at-home type.  both are right-handed D.

Let's hope Walsh makes his case for being called up to the NHL.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

The whole Comets farce should have been disposed of and these should have been the jerseys from the start. 

I like it, and it helps the franchise keep its identity for when we no doubt destroy it and just walk away like we do every time with our AHL team. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Angry 1

3 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Those are gorgeous. I’d love to get one done up with Nemec (assuming that’s where he’s headed). 

The “U” always lent itself to being “devilized”.  Yeah those jerseys are awesome.  Sadly better than anything that will be worn up here.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Unfortunately he played like he was wearing mittens instead of a glove and blocker. 

On both hands.

Bad thing I can`t buy ahltv this season. ANd new job can give me an opportunity to watch game in the late night time. May be I will find some opportunities to watch.

Team have problems with centers this season. Doesn`t have first line center. May be they think Thompson will play this role this season, they tried to use him as center in previous season, but move him on the wing after. 
This season is very important for Foote, Walsh(who cares, but may be he can find a job in different organisation), Clarke, Thompson and for Bahl and Okhotiuk. For their development. NHL spots closed for this season, but could be very opened  the next year. 

Was watching this and then...poof.....

https://www.wktv.com/sports/highlights-lights-out-power-outage-at-supercharged-adirondack-bank-center-forces-mid-game-suspension-of/article_309a8424-4ea4-11ed-85f2-2f319da4502c.html

Ty Smith scored for Baby Pens.  Mango playing for Comets.    Pinho looks pretty good.  I see Sonny Milano signed with Caps/Hershey.  What's wrong with him?  Off ice issues?  I'd rather have him than

Geertsen and some of these other humpties.  Not a lot to get excited about for Comets other than Nemec/Okti.  Daws looking pretty good in this one. Hopefully Foote/Thompson/Clark can get it going

and maybe turn into something or at least a trade chip.