Palat Undergoes Successful Groin Surgery - Out 2-3 months

Devil Dan 56

Luckily we have been playing well without him. I hope he gets well soon. I think he's a big piece for what he provides to a line.

We all got a pretty good snapshot of the kind of player he is and I think the Palat-Hischier-Bratt line was showing us something special. He looked great with Holtz and Hughes too I thought.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

LOL at the 1-5 month title...that sounds about right for the Devils

Except where’s the link to the Devils that says it’s 1-5 months?  All they’ve said so far from what I’ve seen is that no timeline has been determined.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Except where’s the link to the Devils that says it’s 1-5 months?  All they’ve said so far from what I’ve seen is that no timeline has been determined.  

It’s speculation by a Twitter doctor who didn’t know what surgery was done. Putting it as the title of the post doesn’t make it true or something that came from the team. 

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Literally what are you talking about? They’re kicking the sh!t out of everyone right now. 

I swear half of the people who post here don’t actually watch the games. 

Literally what are you talking about? They’re kicking the sh!t out of everyone right now. 

“Literally” he’s gone anyway. Get someone sooner than later especially if palat is gone for 5 months. Calm down they are putting foots in people I can see. Jesus. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

It’s speculation by a Twitter doctor who didn’t know what surgery was done. Putting it as the title of the post doesn’t make it true or something that came from the team. 

I swear half of the people who post here don’t actually watch the games. 

Watch every game. Thanks. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Agree but it looks like some are attributing that doctor’s speculation to the Devils releasing something official, which is really not fair.  

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Agree but it looks like some are attributing that doctor’s speculation to the Devils releasing something official, which is really not fair.  

Due to the age old tradition of treating everything one reads on the internet as the gospel truth. 

8 minutes ago, Fansinz88 said:

“Literally” he’s gone anyway. Get someone sooner than later especially if palat is gone for 5 months. Calm down they are putting foots in people I can see. Jesus. 

image.gif.c181036067029bd321dd9dec5c59feaa.gif

There’s no reason to make a knee jerk trade when the team is playing this well. 

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I have no problem trading that particular jerk, but it needn’t be rushed, we should focus instead on maximum return. 

He’s not getting traded if they’re in a playoff spot (or even on the bubble) at the deadline. People should probably come to terms with that now. 

• Like 1

He’s not getting traded if they’re in a playoff spot (or even on the bubble) at the deadline. People should probably come to terms with that now. 

One possible exception could be if Nemec is playing SO well down at Utica that he more or less forces his way into a call-up…and the Devils consider Seves that much more expendable.  

7 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Probably not, unless it was for an amazing return that would help us, but that’s not what you get at the deadline. 

12 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

In my defense, I didn’t have the 1-5 months in the title when I posted the thread. Someone added that afterwards

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

In my defense, I didn’t have the 1-5 months in the title when I posted the thread. Someone added that afterwards

Yeah that's not really fair to you...anyone would pretty much assume you made that edit yourself.  Probably should read "time missed TBD" or something like that, as not even the Devils have provided any official update yet.

26 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

What does it say? 

And then there’s Nemec, whose reports out of the Buffalo rookie tournament, his first training camp, and the AHL have not been positive. He has struggled, in particular, with two things:

1. Running the power play, where he has looked unsure of his strengths and uncomfortable walking the point
  2. Forcing decisions with the puck

That last point has been bit of a shocker to those who watched him last year, when his poise, reads, and choices were such a strength. I’m still confident it’ll come there though.