Reverse Retros vs. the Rangers?!!!

Rock

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

I know the Hart is probably McDavid’s to lose at this point, but it’s time to start seriously putting Jack in the conversation.

He’s now 8th in the league in scoring, and a couple guys in front of him like Karlsson and Thompson are on teams that likely won’t make the playoffs. 

I think Thompson gets it if he drags Buffalo into the playoffs. I hope he does win it if he does it too. Kid is an beast.

14 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I think Thompson gets it if he drags Buffalo into the playoffs. I hope he does win it if he does it too. Kid is a beast.

He is, but it’s also crazy to me that’s he’s already 25. I thought he was younger than that. 

And on a side note, Ranger fans are destroying LaFailiere for his overall performance in this game and for much of this season.  Obviously only 21 but so is Jack.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

And on a side note, Ranger fans are destroying LaFailiere for his overall performance is this game and for much of this season.  Obviously only 21 but so is Jack.  

Could you imagine Jack playing with a winger like Panarin? He’d probably have a 120 point season. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I mean it SOUNDS like him…

Oh no way that’s NOT him heh heh

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Could you imagine Jack playing with a winger like Panarin? He’d probably have a 120 point season. 

The possibilities of what Jack can do with legit wingers…oh my…

It’s also funny to me to see Rags fans (and their broadcast) try and convince themselves Kakko is actually one of their best players. Idc how good defensively he is, a #2OA winger who has 76 points in 198 GP (.38 PPG) has to be seen as trending towards bust territory. At the very least a massive disappointment. 

For comparison’s sake our highly drafted defensive forward - that does actually catch a decent amount of flak from fans -is currently at (.71 PPG). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

It’s also funny to me to see Rags fans (and their broadcast) try and convince themselves Kakko is actually one of their best players. Idc how good defensively he is, a #2OA winger who has 76 points in 198 GP (.38 PPG) has to be seen as trending towards bust territory. At the very least a massive disappointment. 

For comparison’s sake our highly drafted defensive forward - that does actually catch a decent amount of flak from fans -is currently at (.71 PPG). 

Typical of their fan base. Everything they have is better than it actually is, just because it’s Rangers. 

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I think you nailed it though, nobody is beating McDavid this year unless something happens to him.

That said, who is more valuable to their team, McDavid when the Oilers also have a 60 point guy right behind him in Draisaitl, or Jack? if I had to answer that question, I would say Jack. 

Bratt and Nico are on pace for 75-80 pts too though

10 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Yeah the guy I went to the game with is down on Lafailiere, but was also trying to pump up Kakko.  He’s been contributing some more offense lately, but just other like times where he’s gone on little runs, it’s not like much suggested that they were sustainable.  He came in to today with 5 goals in his last 14 games, but on 25% shooting and only having managed 20 shots.  That’s not promising.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Right, but Draisaitl is on pace for like 125. 

Yep. Drai is literally 2nd in the league in scoring. Jack is on pace to finish with about 20-25 more points than our next leading scorer. 

I’m not suggesting he’s doing it all by himself or anything (at least not like Hall did that season), but I do think he’s “carrying his team” so to speak as much as anyone in the league right now. 

2 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Can I also just say how much I appreciate having Bill Spaulding? I accidentally recorded the Rags broadcast, and holy sh!t is Sam Rosen brutal. What an absolute fossil. 

Not much makes me want to punch my screen as much as when he screams “It’s a power play goal!”  I’m sure Ranger fans love him but I find him annoying as hell.

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Yep. Drai is literally 2nd in the league in scoring. Jack is on pace to finish with about 20-25 more points than our next leading scorer. 

I’m not suggesting he’s doing it all by himself or anything (at least not like Hall did that season), but I do think he’s “carrying his team” so to speak as much as anyone in the league right now. 

Exactly right. I’m not sure we’ll ever see a season like Hall’s again. At least I hope we won’t. 

36 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Typical of their fan base. Everything they have is better than it actually is, just because it’s Rangers. 

Honestly most fan base does the same exact thing.

But it's worse obviously when their broadcast is brainwashing them rather than being fair. And obviously we know how MSG is

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Honestly most fan base does the same exact thing.

But it's worse obviously when their broadcast is brainwashing them rather than being fair. And obviously we know how MSG is

Maybe, but it’s much worse with Rangers fans than any other fans around here. Same deal with the Yankees too, but at least the Yankees have won more than once in my lifetime lol. 

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Rags fans down bad right now. They’re even going after Gallant and their All World goaltender? You just hate to see it. :lol:

I mean, its great to see... but to be fair this is preeeeettty mild compared to some stuff we read in GDT from a few select fans here when we're losing. Hopefully they dont screenshot that sh!t cause it wouldnt make devils fans look too too good lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I mean, its great to see... but to be fair this is preeeeettty mild compared to some stuff we read in GDT from a few select fans here when we're losing. Hopefully they dont screenshot that sh!t cause it wouldnt make devils fans look too too good lol

I don’t think wanting Laf sent to the ECHL or Gallant fired is mild at all. :lol:

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Maybe, but it’s much worse with Rangers fans than any other fans around here. Same deal with the Yankees too, but at least the Yankees have won more than once in my lifetime lol. 

oh around your area for suuuure. Like i said they have a way bigger network than other teams around so they can brainwash their fans a lot more. 

Same thing for Toronto and MTL compared to say Ottawa, Winnipeg etc etc.. they cover a LOT.

I mean in a way i wish there would be this much coverage for the Devils like say what MTL is getting. I'm just guessing but maybe its equivalent to what football or baseball may be getting in the US? I actually don't know. Like they don't just get the pre-game and post recap. Between periods or wtv. Like.... there's multiple daily shows talking about hockey on various channels, like full 30 or 60 minutes shows. Where there's ex players, coaches, analysts just.... talking about just about everything around the team. They focus 95% on the Habs though unfortunately

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I don’t think wanting Laf sent to the ECHL or Gallant fired is mild at all. :lol:

haha Well i agree that it's not "mild" per say.... But its mild in comparison to some meltdowns we've read on here lol 

At least in these scenarios... Laf and Gallant are still.... active... healthy... alive... lol

I'm still surprised about how Lafrenière is doing though in a way.

I only saw him play live once. Right before he got drafted, he got his 100th pts that night but i remember not being impressed at all. Like if it wasn't that i knew who he was and that i paid attention to him all night he would not have stuck out to me. But i figured he just had a bad game cause he was super dominant at the world juniors. But also obviously since he's a quebec boy the media in Quebec were pumping his tires BIG TIME.

And when the Rangers got him i was pissed cause to me he was projected to be a sure fire pick and projected better than Jack.

I am very glad that it's not the case