The Unintended MLK GDT (1/16/23) 4:00 PM EST MSGSN

Rock

5 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Did Mac earn another start, or go right back to Vanecek?

To me it’s not so much that Blackwood earned the next game but if he’s going to play like he did last night, I would probably just alternate the two regardless of opponent until one of them forces Ruff’s hand to do something else.   That keeps them both in a groove without running either one into the ground.   

Edited by Lateralous

1 minute ago, Lateralous said:

To me it’s not so much that Blackwood earned the next game but if he’s going to play like he did last night, I would probably just alternate the two regardless of opponent until one of them forces Ruff’s hand to do something else.   That keeps them both in a groove without running either one into the ground.   

I feel like this was probably the plan coming into the season, and probably the plan that makes the most sense. But I suspect gameplay will result in a clear 1-2 situation as opposed to a 1A-1B. 

I hope I’m wrong. 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I feel like this was probably the plan coming into the season, and probably the plan that makes the most sense. But I suspect gameplay will result in a clear 1-2 situation as opposed to a 1A-1B. 

I hope I’m wrong. 

Oh, I have no faith in my plan long term, but I think we could easily roll VV, MB, VV in the 3 games through next Sunday and then see where we stand.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lateralous said:

Oh, I have no faith in my plan long term, but I think we could easily roll VV, MB, VV in the 3 games through next Sunday and then see where we stand.   

For sure, that is where we should “start”, the quotes because it’s like the third time we would be trying this season. 

6 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

If they’re worried about workload then they should go right back to Mac. He’s only had one start in the last couple weeks. 

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

If they’re worried about workload then they should go right back to Mac. He’s only had one start in the last couple weeks. 

Given that we’re coming off a back to back where they both got work, i don’t think it matters if you prefer to go MB, VV and then TBD against the Pens 

16 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

My concern is more long term than what has happened lately, but if the logic was to give VV an extra day off because Blackwood played well last game, I’m fine with that.

The better scenario to me is to alternate, win all of those games, and have two guys fresh for our deep playoff run. I admit there may be a little wishful thinking in there. 

13 hours ago, MB3 said:

I’d also prefer the weaker goalie against the weaker team and the stronger goalie against the stronger team. 

Devils should be able to pour in a few against San Jose enough to escape a potential clunker from Blackwood.

Blackwood could certainly throw in a clunker. I think VV is the far more reliable goalkeeper.  Now I'll go to Twitter & see the p>ss and moan about Huala being on Jack's line. Blah blah LGD's

5 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

Blackwood could certainly throw in a clunker. I think VV is the far more reliable goalkeeper.  Now I'll go to Twitter & see the p>ss and moan about Huala being on Jack's line. Blah blah LGD's

Yeah that's the problem with Blackwood...he has his share of "OK maybe now he's ready to go on a roll" games, but just doesn't seem to follow them up often.  He's as random as they come these days, in terms of what you can ever expect from him.

But yeah, if there's a game to give him, it's probably this one, although it's not like the Sharks are complete zilches offensively...they just can't keep it out of their own net (4th-worst GA/G in the NHL).

28 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

why is the game so early today? is there some sort of statutory holiday today in the US?

If you look at the schedule you will see a good slate of afternoon games today, for MLK Jr day.  Think that's pretty standard.  A lot of businesses have the day off...mine isn't one of them.  

23 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

If you look at the schedule you will see a good slate of afternoon games today, for MLK Jr day.  Think that's pretty standard.  A lot of businesses have the day off...mine isn't one of them.  

Yeah I’m working too. Gonna miss most of the game today. 

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah I’m working too. Gonna miss most of the game today. 

I'm recording it and watching it with my daughter once I get home.  Will go very quickly...amazing how fast a game can go when you can blow by ALL of the commercials, stoppages, and intermissions.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I'm recording it and watching it with my daughter once I get home.  Will go very quickly...amazing how fast a game can go when you can blow by ALL of the commercials, stoppages, and intermissions.  

This is the main reason I keep the Center Ice package so I can record the games on DVR. I still watch plenty of them live, but it’s nice to have the option. 

• Like 1

Not a problem for you USA folks but man in Canada the official NHL streaming service went from NHL Gamecenter  (that was directly on the NHL website) to Sportsnet/Rogers with SNNOW. And man it's soooooo fvcking bad. Every aspect of that platform is subpar to what Gamecenter was offering.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Not a problem for you USA folks but man in Canada the official NHL streaming service went from NHL Gamecenter  (that was directly on the NHL website) to Sportsnet/Rogers with SNNOW. And man it's soooooo fvcking bad. Every aspect of that platform is subpar to what Gamecenter was offering.

exact same thing in the united states, it went from NHL.tv to ESPN+ for all steaming out of market games. Horrendous platform. 

I get 1 GB download speed at my house and the streams lag like i have dial-up.

4 minutes ago, MB3 said:

exact same thing in the united states, it went from NHL.tv to ESPN+ for all steaming out of market games. Horrendous platform. 

I legit never do this cause im far from a Karen but i really plan on sending my feedbacks on the platform to whoever i have to, cause it's just SO bad and they really need to hear it.

Like, from the moment i tried so subscribe to now, it's been a bad experience.

With Gamecenter it was amazing. You were on the NHL website... you were logged in already. You could see almost all the games at the top of the site, might have to scroll right a bit if there was more games. click on the one you wanted... BOOM. You could choose from the broadcast you wanted. The stats and game details were all there. It was great.

SNSNOW is terrible. It's honestly a 4-5 clicks process to log-in and finally get to watch the game. It's not user friendly at all. You get on the site and you see ALL sports. you have to find the league you want. Then when you're in you only see like... 3-4 games and its pictures and you really have to figure which is the one you want. You cant click play in advance and just wait. The watch live button only appears at the exact time of the game. And even when you click sometimes its not showing anything. It crashes all the time during game. Its so bad.

And its more expensive than gamecenter. So you get less while paying more

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Weird. I only have 500 MBPS and my ESPN+ stream is fine. 

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Weird. I only have 500 MBPS and my ESPN+ stream is fine. 

I stream from my Series X so I wonder if that has something to do with it, but i also stream hulu live tv and MLB.tv from the series X and it’s perfect. 

Edited by MB3

4 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I stream from my Series X so I wonder if that has something to do with it, but i also stream hulu live tv and MLB.tv from the series X and it’s perfect. 

Good edit, the idea of you streaking from your Series X wasn't filling my mind with pleasant imagery...