2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

10 hours ago, slasher72 said:

Yep. Looks like Vegas is winning the Cup. Give them the trophy this year and then be done with it. 

I don't want to see Vegas repeat next year. 

But what if it’s them vs… CBJ/Rags/anyone but the Devils…. 🤔

(I’m choosing sarcasm this morning)

I'm usually all for letting the players play, and I know it's the playoffs so more things get a pass than during the regular season, but I just don't understand how Tkachuk doesn't get called for more penalties, or even suspended.  The dude is a gigantic bitch and I've lost all respect for him this season.  He is almost always the third man in any scrum, and just again last night he comes in swinging his stick and slashing at people's shins and legs. He refuses to drop the gloves and actually go toe to toe with anyone.  

Edited by NJDfan1711

28 minutes ago, jagknife said:

But what if it’s them vs… CBJ/Rags/anyone but the Devils…. 🤔

(I’m choosing sarcasm this morning)

If it's the Rangers or Hurricanes, exceptions can be made, lol

9 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I'm usually all for letting the players play, and I know it's the playoffs so more things get a pass than during the regular season, but I just don't understand how Tkachuk doesn't get called for more penalties, or even suspended.  The dude is a gigantic bitch and I've lost all respect for him this season.  He is almost always the third man in any scrum, and just again last night he comes in swinging his stick and slashing at people's shins and legs. He refuses to drop the gloves and actually go toe to toe with anyone.  

I'm tired of seeing him chew his mouthguard. It's annoying to have to watch. 

• EvilHeart 1

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

All the stuff you mention here are things he's always done. He's always been an ass, he's always run from fights, and he's always done dirty sh!t behind the play.

He also rag dolled a VGK player at the end of the game by putting his stick around the guy's head and yanking on it towards him. That's the kind of sh!t I wish the NHL would actually suspend for. You can seriously injure someone's neck doing that sh!t.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slasher72 said:

I'm tired of seeing him chew his mouthguard. It's annoying to have to watch. 

We were close when he got rocked in game 3 but I would love to see someone hit him so hard that mouthpiece when flying and then sliding across the ice

6 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

All the stuff you mention here are things he's always done. He's always been an ass, he's always run from fights, and he's always done dirty sh!t behind the play.

He also rag dolled a VGK player at the end of the game by putting his stick around the guy's head and yanking on it towards him. That's the kind of sh!t I wish the NHL would actually suspend for. You can seriously injure someone's neck doing that sh!t.

Yep, 100%.  

If Vegas closes out the game tonight, the guy who won the fantasy hockey league I run vacates his title for failure to pay up debts. Guy racked up a bunch of beer-chug debts (16) to multiple people, was able to drink again as of 25 March, still hasn’t paid up in full (owes 4 by the time the cup is handed out). No chance he will pay up by then

we’re having some fun with it, did a full press release signed by myself and three “executive board” members. His team name/manager name will appear on our Stanley Cup beer mug as beer mugs. 8 for team name, 8 for his name.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

IMG_6497.jpeg

I believe their owner set out the same timeline back then.  At the time this all seemed preposterous but in hindsight, we almost should have seen it coming once we started seeing McPhee's ability to extract assets from other teams prior to the expansion draft.  These guys got everyone else's 4D or 8F, a fresh salary cap with no bad contracts on the books and a ton of extra draft picks in exchange for not picking certain players.   That's not to minimize what they've done because McPhee and Mccrimmon have built an excellent team trough trades, free agency and the expansion draft but the path for this success was certainly there.  I think we were just all trained to assume expansion teams would suck and to check back in a decade. 

Foley was brilliant to pony up on the exorbitant expansion fee with the condition that less players would be protected.  That set up everything else they've accomplished.     

Edited by Lateralous
  • Like 2

On 6/11/2023 at 1:35 PM, devlman said:

After the dirty sh!t that Florida team tried to pull w Nico this season they can all fvck off and lose in 5, please.

Agreed 100%, was hoping it'd be a sweep for maximum embarrassment.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Agreed 100%, was hoping it'd be a sweep for maximum embarrassment.  

I'm kind of curious what Vegas looks like tonight if the Golden Knights win.  I'm also excited to see how Vegas does a cup victory parade.   

• Like 1

I started this series pretty much indifferent to who won and just wanted to see good games.   At this point, I think I’m over the Tkachuk sh!t show.  Also, the choppy schedule makes it hard to stay engaged, especially since there will be two off days before each of the next two games if they are necessary.   I’m ready for tonight to be the end of the season.   Go Knights Go!   

image.thumb.jpeg.8cff5b81bc9cc04f741ab0dc2290bb10.jpeg

• Like 2