2023-24 Prudential Center & Tickets Thread

Satans Hockey

Last season, I had the outstanding pleasure of sitting in the Club Section for many games. In addition to a great hockey season, last year, my wife and I really enjoyed the food, esp. the sweet potato fries and the slice brisket sandwich.

When I heard there was a new food vendor this year I was REALLY excited. No not signing Timo-Bratt-Tiffoli excited but Very Excited. I have season tickets in Club level and can not express my extraordinary disappointment with the food services in Club this year. The select is small, no sweet potato fries, craving section awful. PLEASE, bring back last years food vendor!!! Levy Foods seems to be a complete bust.🙁

• Angry 2

1 hour ago, SleppyDoc said:

Last season, I had the outstanding pleasure of sitting in the Club Section for many games. In addition to a great hockey season, last year, my wife and I really enjoyed the food, esp. the sweet potato fries and the slice brisket sandwich.

When I heard there was a new food vendor this year I was REALLY excited. No not signing Timo-Bratt-Tiffoli excited but Very Excited. I have season tickets in Club level and can not express my extraordinary disappointment with the food services in Club this year. The select is small, no sweet potato fries, craving section awful. PLEASE, bring back last years food vendor!!! Levy Foods seems to be a complete bust.🙁

Yeah based on what I’ve sampled so far in the Lofts (first game) and the restaurant (last night’s game), I am not impressed.  Less selections and the food I’ve sampled so far has definitely NOT been an improvement.  

To be honest, I’m not really on the bandwagon to bitch about food at a sporting event.. I don’t go to the arena expecting fine dining. With that, I will note that the food in the M lounge was also not too good either. They had sliders that were over cooked and dry, a pasta station I wouldn’t touch. The sushi I felt was mostly rice, the chicken tenders I thought were fine and they had buffalo chicken dip that someone else tried said it was on par. I tried a slice of the prime rib they had, if they sliced it any thinner you could see through it. 

No one said anything about “expecting fine dining”, but the Lofts and restaurant are supposed to be more upscale.

An obvious downgrade in amount of offerings and the quality of those offerings is a problem worth bringing up, especially since Levy was supposed to represent an IMPROVEMENT.

People just need something to complain about.. it’s one thing that stays a constant. I read earlier on someone bitching that the new chicken fingers weren’t crispy enough like the old ones .. lmao, give me a fvcking break with this. 

Edited by 2ELIAS6

The prices are absurd, of all the things to bitch and moan about, this is one thing that everyone should be in agreement on. There should be an outright protest by all fans to not buy a single thing until fan friendly pricing is introduced. 

$5+ for a bottle of water is fvcking shameful. Like $8-10 for a hot dog. It's an absolute joke. 

Atlanta has it figured it out but too many people in our area just accept it because "it's a sporting event" 

Check out these prices and tell me why everyone in the country can't do the same thing... 

https://www.mercedesbenzstadium.com/menus/atl-fan-fare

9 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

The prices are absurd, of all the things to bitch and moan about, this is one thing that everyone should be in agreement on. There should be an outright protest by all fans to not buy a single thing until fan friendly pricing is introduced. 

$5+ for a bottle of water is fvcking shameful. Like $8-10 for a hot dog. It's an absolute joke. 

Atlanta has it figured it out but too many people in our area just accept it because "it's a sporting event" 

Check out these prices and tell me why everyone in the country can't do the same thing... 

https://www.mercedesbenzstadium.com/menus/atl-fan-fare

Definitely agree here, the pricing is getting just out of control for just about everything. I hate to say it bc there’s so many mutants in that devils fb group, they have a huge following if you could get their little ring leader on board I’m sure the rest of that clan could help protest not buying food. There are several thousand people in there 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Definitely agree here, the pricing is getting just out of control for just about everything. I hate to say it bc there’s so many mutants in that devils fb group, they have a huge following if you could get their little ring leader on board I’m sure the rest of that clan could help protest not buying food. There are several thousand people in there 

I know which group you're talking about but probably still wouldn't matter.

On every single survey the Devils send to me I've been including articles to Atlantas financial success on this, long story short is since they have started this they have made more money on concession stands than ever before and found more people are buying merchandise. People come into the building earlier because they aren't being screwed over on prices and then spend extra money on merch. 

I don't know why not a single building in our area can't see the forest for the trees and give this a shot. I do think if just one implemented it the rest would follow after seeing the success of it. 

Personally I've been sneaking water bottles into arenas for years and they can all go fvck themselves in how much they charge for water.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

People just need something to complain about.. it’s one thing that stays a constant. I read earlier on someone bitching that the new chicken fingers weren’t crispy enough like the old ones .. lmao, give me a fvcking break with this. 

Honestly man, it really feels like you’re being unnecessarily antagonistic here.  We’re sharing our initial experiences with Levy compared to the previous supplier for those who might be curious or interested, complete with details.  It’s not bitching for bitching’s sake.

5 hours ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Not trying to be antagonistic, people will just find anything they can to complain about. Right now it’s the food, next week it’ll be the bathrooms 

This is a very odd take, your need to just write off anyone who dares to point out an issue with any part of the Pru Center experience as just needlessly complaining.  SleppyDoc brought up that the food that he clearly enjoyed in the past isn’t as good this year, so right away he and anyone who dares to agree with him through shared experience is just someone who’s looking to bitch about something?  

To be clear, I think the overall gameday experience at the Rock is very good.  Not a bad seat in the house, and of course, we now have a very entertaining and exciting on-ice product to take in.  As long as one is willing to move quickly to leave after the game ends, traffic is not all that bad.  Even when it’s a full house, the concourses usually don’t feel too too crowded.

For me personally, I now like getting to the arena right when it opens, and part of the reason for that is that I’ve come to grow very fond of the Lofts and the restaurant (in that order), because yes, not only do I enjoy the time spent just chatting with my daughter (or with a friend on other occasions), I enjoyed the food spreads quite a bit, as did the people that I’ve come to the games with.  I enjoyed them enough that up until now, I didn’t ever really have a bad word to say about them.  What was there was at the very least “good”, and there was usually a LOT of variety.

And though I’m not saying the new offerings are absolutely terrible across the board, it’s a bit of a bummer that a new provider that was supposed to be better certainly doesn’t appear to be, in terms of quality OR quantity.  I’m hoping that Levy just needs to settle in, and who knows, hopefully through customer feedback, they’ll be able to do some tweaking.  I would have loved to have raved about Levy being better, if that had been the case, but that wouldn’t have been honest nor accurate.  We’ll see if things improve in time.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, devlman said:

I have to say, as much as the concession staff are the nicest people they are also the slowest workers you’ll ever find. Concession lines hardly move and it’s so avoidable.

I agree fully on the “nicest” part.  Far more pleasant on the whole than the CAA staff for sure.

I find that although speed varies, yeah, more tends towards slow.  But I admit that I haven’t really bought much in the way of concessions in recent years.  If I’m not in the Lofts, we’ll usually stop for something prior to game time.

6 hours ago, devlman said:

I have to say, as much as the concession staff are the nicest people they are also the slowest workers you’ll ever find. Concession lines hardly move and it’s so avoidable.

5 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I agree fully on the “nicest” part.  Far more pleasant on the whole than the CAA staff for sure.

I’ve only been to Pru Center twice, but just how nice all the workers are was the main thing I remember. Almost feels like you’re at Chic-fil-A or something. :lol:

25 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I’ve only been to Pru Center twice, but just how nice all the workers are was the main thing I remember. Almost feels like you’re at Chic-fil-A or something. :lol:

“My pleasure” lol.  Everyone at Chic-Fil-A is well-trained.  

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Wonder when this will be the norm everywhere, apparently the way it works is you upload a photo to the app  and that's how it knows its your account and how many tickets you have...

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CwQI7KJhkRn/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA

I dont know how I feel about all this.. I guess they’re trying to speed up entry but i dont know…

34 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

I dont know how I feel about all this.. I guess they’re trying to speed up entry but i dont know…

I don't love it either but I feel like it's going to be the norm at some point. It's already being rolled out in airports and used at customs at airports already.

It's like how digital tickets were originally "optional" and now are basically the only thing you can use. 

An absolute embarrassment that it looks like they are doing all virtual drives again. The coat drive definitely is and I'm assuming the canned food and toy drive will be too by the looks of this. I'm sorry but I'm not giving money when I don't know where it's going. They always would get large donations for the coat, food and toys for toys drives.

They can't be using covid as an excuse not to have them at this point. This especially with how they are wording makes it seem like they don't want to give out any free ticket vouchers anymore since it's only the first 300 fans who donate $60 get free tickets.

There's no incentive for people to do this when they can just buy tickets for that cost or less and I'm obviously assuming but I'm guessing they are collecting less money than they would physical items. 

I get not wanting to give out free vouchers, how about you give $10 off concessions or merch coupons instead to give people an incentive. They would still be making profits on both while collecting more for charities. 

I know people can just give from the kindness of their hearts but incentives definitely help bring in more stuff. 

I'm not complaining in terms of needing an incentive, I never needed the tickets to begin with, what I was doing was bringing old coats I had, get the vouchers, sell those tickets, use that money to buy canned goods, donate those, sell the tickets, use that money to buy toys for tots stuff, sell the tickets save that money for good deals I saw on coats and save those for the next coat drive. Repeat. 

I would still donate even if they didn't give out the tickets but I'm not just giving them money when there's no real way of knowing where it goes. 

I ranted too long, just disappointing to see the team do this. Especially toys for tots which went all the way back to the Meadowlands. 

https://www.nhl.com/devils/community/coat-drive?et_rid=88456411

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 2

Anyone know how this works?

I bought 5 tickets for today that include a $10 food/beverage voucher fir each, which shows on the top bar on my e-tickets. 

Do I have to open account manager on the concession line? Do I have to transfer the tickets ahead of entry? 

If there were instructions about the vouchers, I missed them. Thx.

2 minutes ago, eldon said:

Anyone know how this works?

I bought 5 tickets for today that include a $10 food/beverage voucher fir each, which shows on the top bar on my e-tickets. 

Do I have to open account manager on the concession line? Do I have to transfer the tickets ahead of entry? 

If there were instructions about the vouchers, I missed them. Thx.

I've never used them before but I would assume you would just scan your ticket, there's always ticket reps standing around the concourse so if you don't get an answer before the game I would just ask one of them. 

You dont have to transfer the tickets if you're all gonna be together but it does make it easier if you go up and down separately in and out of the section if your usher is checking tickets but that's really dependent on where you sit / your usher. 

• 3 weeks later...