GDT: Edmonton @ Devils 7:30 PM ESPN+/Hulu

MadDog2020

41 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

That was only one of the craptastic goals he gave up. Dude was flailing around the whole night. 

He is so bad. Amongst all the other things he struggles with is fighting through screens, which speaks to his mentality. He’s just not right between the ears right now or maybe ever to be a starter in this league.

6 hours ago, Nicomo said:

I’m all for a new goalie coach but I’m pretty sure Rogalski isn’t coaching Vanecek to turn sideways or backwards in his net. That was honestly one of the worst goaltending performances I’ve ever seen last night. I think Vanecek is a total mess between the ears at this point. 

I was in the building last night and our seats were at the end of the rink high up in the upper deck so we had a perfect angle on the goalies.  It didn't end up hurting us in the second period but we were shocked at how many rebounds Vitek kicked straight up the middle of the slot in the middle frame.  You knew the collapse was coming.   

Edited by Lateralous

1 hour ago, Lateralous said:

I was in the building last night and our seats were at the end of the rink high up in the upper deck so we had a perfect angle on the goalies.  It didn't end up hurting us in the second period but we were shocked at how many rebounds Vitek kicked straight up the middle of the slot in the middle frame.  You knew the collapse was coming.   

I didn’t think anyone’s rebound control could be worse than Blackwood but VV’s takes the cake. He’s not an NHL starter. I’d rather Schmid be declared the starter so at least he gets needed experience.

19 minutes ago, devlman said:

I didn’t think anyone’s rebound control could be worse than Blackwood but VV’s takes the cake. He’s not an NHL starter. I’d rather Schmid be declared the starter so at least he gets needed experience.

VV was a league-average NHL starter for the past three seasons.  This complete and sudden loss of skill is baffling.

The only thing I can attribute it to is that somehow he never got over having such a rough playoff last year.  Nothing pointed to him playing so badly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

VV was a league-average NHL starter for the past three seasons.  This complete and sudden loss of skill is baffling.

The only thing I can attribute it to is that somehow he never got over having such a rough playoff last year.  Nothing pointed to him playing so badly.

Related to this, is it possible he’s got so many people in his ear, telling him what’s wrong with his game, that it’s messing with his psyche?  When a player is struggling, it seems appropriate to simplify things as much as possible, but with sports being driven by so much information nowadays, could it be that too many chefs are stirring the pot?

12 hours ago, devlman said:

I cannot express how utterly disgusted and disappointed I am. Another humiliating loss. THE SAME MISTAKES.

Fitzgerald’s seat needs to be heating up for having this awful defense corps playing in front of these sh!tty goalies. 

Three rookie defensemen, two of whom look pathetic in their own zone in Bahl and Luke Hughes. Plus Siegenthaler who continues to suck and get free chance after free chance. Brendan Smith is seeing lots of ice time…I mean is that a fvcking recipe for leaking a sh!t ton of goals.

Then you have a coach who must be held responsible for the same mistakes, the same terrible starts. And how about he show a little emotion on the bench? Work the goddamn refs once in a while! We have had 3 powerplays over 3 games. Jack gets hooked in OT vs Philly, Hyman cross checks Siegenthaler on the McD goal, nothing called. fvcking wake up on the bench.

I am at a loss…three sellouts, great crowds ready to rock. And they give the fans so little. I’m so entirely devoid of any positivity right now.

Unfortunately I went Sunday and again last night knowing that they were most likely going to get scraped .. what a bunch of sh!t to see live. I will not be returning to the rock for a while at this point.