GDT: Edmonton @ Devils 7:30 PM ESPN+/Hulu

MadDog2020

Just now, Oglethorpe13 said:

Coach is the easiest and fastest to get rid of. Definitely start there. I know there's not a ton of immediate upgrades I can think of off the top of my head, but after watching the last few games, literally anyone seems like an improvement 

Again- I would give Craig Berube a call. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, smelly said:

The longer they wait to upgrade, the smaller their window gets. The clock is already ticking on the Nico, Jack,Luke contracts. 

Just reading back through whilst sat on my sons floor at 3.35am trying to get him back to sleep and saw this.

I get the current situation is frustrating but this teams window is just opening. Nico still has 4 years. Jack is signed until 2030. Luke is only on his second year of his ELC!!

There is no reason for Fitz to be in win now mode. If there are some smart low cost moves he can make now to help for this year then I hope he makes them. But he should not be making moves that will hurt the team in the long run.

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9
  • Like 1

I cannot express how utterly disgusted and disappointed I am. Another humiliating loss. THE SAME MISTAKES.

Fitzgerald’s seat needs to be heating up for having this awful defense corps playing in front of these sh!tty goalies. 

Three rookie defensemen, two of whom look pathetic in their own zone in Bahl and Luke Hughes. Plus Siegenthaler who continues to suck and get free chance after free chance. Brendan Smith is seeing lots of ice time…I mean is that a fvcking recipe for leaking a sh!t ton of goals.

Then you have a coach who must be held responsible for the same mistakes, the same terrible starts. And how about he show a little emotion on the bench? Work the goddamn refs once in a while! We have had 3 powerplays over 3 games. Jack gets hooked in OT vs Philly, Hyman cross checks Siegenthaler on the McD goal, nothing called. fvcking wake up on the bench.

I am at a loss…three sellouts, great crowds ready to rock. And they give the fans so little. I’m so entirely devoid of any positivity right now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I mean honestly who gives a sh!t, it's not like these reporters don't ask the same questions over and over anyway. 

I don’t care if he has to repeat himself. He has repeated us to the same sh!t game after game after game. Stand there and explain yourself to the fans.

• Like 1

Home record sucks, need to have the guys stay in a hotel before home games and wear the road whites so they can pretend they are on the road...

Jersey / helmet records...

Road Whites / white helmets 10-4 = 20 points

Home Reds 5-5-2 = 12 points

3rd Blacks 1-3 = 2 points

Road Whites / black helmets 0-1 = 0 points

Total 16-13-2 = 34 points

Edited by Satans Hockey

Beggars can't be choosers.  Every conceivable goalie option has warts, whether contract/cap, age, inconsistency, cost in assets, etc.  But enough has been enough for months now.  Fitz has to suck it up and select one of the less-than-ideal options and stanch the hemorrhage that is the NJ crease.  The objective is improvement, not perfection.  The season depends on it.  And it very well could be too late.

It is indisputably evident that Fitz overplayed his hand, opted to roll the dice with obvious risks in net despite the massive turnover on the blue line, and has egg all over his face.  His potential trade partners have his nuts in a vise because he gambled and lost, and he will have to pay a pretty penny as a result.  This ownership group has fronted a lot of cash on this roster, and they haven't been shy to can a GM here before.  Absent aggressive corrective (and likely painful) action, Fitz better start looking over his shoulder too.

Edited by smelly
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Oglethorpe13 said:

Coach is the easiest and fastest to get rid of. Definitely start there. I know there's not a ton of immediate upgrades I can think of off the top of my head, but after watching the last few games, literally anyone seems like an improvement 

Why not start w a mini move like Rogalski ?  Probably the easiest and least risky thing.  If it continues move up the food chain…..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LIDevsFan1 said:

Why not start w a mini move like Rogalski ?  Probably the easiest and least risky thing.  If it continues move up the food chain…..

Because Rogalski has Marty shielding him the way Aaron Rodgers shields the worst offensive coordinator in the NFL

Edited by NJDevs4978

16 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Once again, and for the 957th time from the cheap seats- THESE PROBLEMS ARE NOT MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE. 

And not of equal significance, either.  The Patriots suck because they don't have a QB, even with the great Belichick.  Berube or Sather or Bowman or anyone else isn't going anywhere with a sieve in net.

As I've been screaming since June, going into this season with this goalie tandem when you have made the institutional commitment to run out a young, inexperienced D is management malpractice.

And this is what you get.

Edited by smelly

18 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Because Rogalski has Marty shielding him the way Aaron Rodgers shields the worst offensive coordinator in the NFL

This is a huge problem. Rogalski has been absolutely terrible but Marty will protect him. Blackwood looks a lot better in SJ than he did here and that's pathetic.

Edited by slasher72

9 minutes ago, smelly said:

And not of equal significance, either.  The Patriots suck because they don't have a QB, even with the great Belichick.  Berube or Sather or Bowman or anyone else isn't going anywhere with a sieve in net.

As I've been screaming since June, going into this season with this goalie tandem when you have made the institutional commitment to run out a young, inexperienced D is management malpractice.

And this is what you get.

Kind of agree.  I know it’s blasphemy to say anything negative about Fitz but this is a flawed and unbalanced roster — almost by design (granted he wasnt expecting Dougies injury) 

• Like 1

I’m all for a new goalie coach but I’m pretty sure Rogalski isn’t coaching Vanecek to turn sideways or backwards in his net. That was honestly one of the worst goaltending performances I’ve ever seen last night. I think Vanecek is a total mess between the ears at this point. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nicomo said:

I’m all for a new goalie coach but I’m pretty sure Rogalski isn’t coaching Vanecek to turn sideways or backwards in his net. That was honestly one of the worst goaltending performances I’ve ever seen last night. I think Vanecek is a total mess between the ears at this point. 

Siegs knocked him over on goal three, ESPN had good replays of that mess

Edited by NJDevs4978

I saw it posted earlier but I also wonder if Daws gets a call soon. He’s only played 2 games since his injury but has played well. I’m guessing theyd want him to have a few more games under his belt before they try bringing him up. 

Also, Poulter is having a surprisingly good year down there according to the stats… and Kallgren has been awful. 

At this rate I’m pretty sure Fitz would call up Kinkaid as a Hail Mary before making a trade.