Lindy Ruff RELIEVED Of duties, Green Temp Coach

Colorado Rockies 1976

Just now, Jimmy Leeds said:

And we JUST had Brunette in the organization too

Oh no no no, Lindy is a championship pedigree coach. You know from all of his Stanley cup experience. Clearly the answer to our cup drought and critical for player development 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

And we JUST had Brunette in the organization too

Probably the biggest fail, that we didn't keep him around and let Ruff sale off into the sunset for keep him around in an advisory role or something.

Complete failure by Fitz

• Like 2

Also I'm seeing now that Ruff is blaming the media for the extra pressure the players are feeling on the power play?

Is this guy fvcking serious? There is no media in this market, he only answers softballs from the team employees. If he was in Toronto he would have been fvcking driven out of town already.

I don't know him personally, at all, but I'm legit starting to hate him on a personal level. What an incompetent buffoon.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

As someone who didn’t get along with him, I don’t miss the constant arguing one bit. This place has actually remained remarkably civil even with the disaster of a season. 

Now if we could just get one dude to stop saying I told you so on a daily basis it would be pretty much be nothing but good interactions. Which is honestly somewhat a miracle considering how upset everyone is at this point. 

I just meant strictly the humor part.

But yeah, since “the purge” the board is a much better and civil place.  That “one dude” is who he is and I don’t expect that to change.  I usually don’t even bother with him but I posted what I did in the GDT with the hopes that at least he’ll stop giving false narratives endless life and at least use some terms properly, but not expecting to have made much impact there.  No plans to interact with him beyond that post.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Somewhere mfitz is having himself a big-time chuckle.

I gotta admit, as someone who got along with him well, his humor would be welcome right now. 

There are plenty of douchebags on Twitter that could scratch that itch for you I'm sure.

9 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Also I'm seeing now that Ruff is blaming the media for the extra pressure the players are feeling on the power play?

Is this guy fvcking serious? There is no media in this market, he only answers softballs from the team employees. If he was in Toronto he would have been fvcking driven out of town already.

I don't know him personally, at all, but I'm legit starting to hate him on a personal level. What an incompetent buffoon.

Ruff blames media for Devils' dormant power play
https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2851323

Disgraceful

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

There are plenty of douchebags on Twitter that could scratch that itch for you I'm sure.

I wouldn't say it's an itch, more that he could be really funny sometimes on here.  Wasn't trying to make any major statements and hope people didn't interpret what I posted in such a way.

I get that a lot of members here had their issues with him.  It's all good.  Not like he's ever coming back.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I just meant strictly the humor part.

But yeah, since “the purge” the board is a much better and civil place.  That “one dude” is who he is and I don’t expect that to change.  I usually don’t even bother with him but I posted what I did in the GDT with the hopes that at least he’ll stop giving false narratives endless life and fans at least use some terms properly, but not expecting to have made much impact there.  No plans to interact with him beyond that post.

I need to not take the bait myself. You even tried to warn me last night. And I had been doing a pretty good job of ignoring it for the most part, but that damn game…

How anyone could focus on anything other than the ineptitude of the PP in that one is beyond me. What did they end up with, 15 minutes? And not a single goal to show for it. These guys are just completely lost right now. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Probably the biggest fail, that we didn't keep him around and let Ruff sale off into the sunset for keep him around in an advisory role or something.

Complete failure by Fitz

I think this goes back to Fitz's inability to adjust when his best laid plans go awry.  There was really no way to fire Lindy after last season's record setting regular season and series win against the Rangers.  Brunette didn't want to wait another year or two for a top job when there was an immediate opportunity presented and Fitz has never adjusted.    

• Like 3

Just now, Jerrydevil said:

Every single Mets and Yankees player probably had a good laugh if they read Lindy’s comments.

Add to that Knicks, Jets, Giants and the Rangers.  As far as media "pressure" goes, the Devils fly so under the radar they should have their landing gear down at all times.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

Every single Mets and Yankees player probably had a good laugh if they read Lindy’s comments.

As they should.  Judging by Lindy’s most recent comments, he’s the most sensitive sports personality to work in the broader New York metro area since Bobby Bonilla.

Just now, ButlerBulldog said:

As they should.  Judging by Lindy’s most recent comments, he’s the most sensitive sports personality to work in the broader New York metro area since Bobby Bonilla.

It's like someone else here just said...we're way past inept.  This is toxic-level sh!t now.  This is a guy who's coming completely apart at the seams.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

I think this goes back to Fitz's inability to adjust when his best laid plans go awry.  There was really no way to fire Lindy after last season's record setting regular season and series win against the Rangers.  Brunette didn't want to wait another year or two for a top job when there was an immediate opportunity presented and Fitz has never adjusted.    

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Lindy's contract expired at the end of last season. You could have easily sold the transition to brunette in my opinion.

Release a statement thanking Lindy for getting the devils primed and to the next level, keep him on in an advisory role or something and move forward with the next head coach. Instead, Fitz yields to loyalty and offers ruff probably a multi-year extension.

• Like 2

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Lindy's contract expired at the end of last season. You could have easily sold the transition to brunette in my opinion.

Release a statement thanking Lindy for getting the devils primed and to the next level, keep him on in an advisory role or something and move forward with the next head coach. Instead, Fitz yields to loyalty and offers ruff probably a multi-year extension.

Supposedly, it's only a two-year extension, with one of those years being an option year.  Basically Fitz signed him just long enough not to be a lame duck, instead of making some major commitment...which hopefully means that he's not completely against the idea of replacing him sooner than expected.  

• Thanks 2

And last comment while I'm lashing out this morning.. If Lindy is being kept around because Jack likes him then fvck that, and fvck this GM for anchoring this team to the desires of a 22-year-old.

How many guys liked Pat Burns?

• Like 2

Just now, Devilsfan118 said:

And last comment while I'm lashing out this morning.. If Lindy is being kept around because Jack likes him then fvck that, and fvck this GM for anchoring this team to the desires of a 22-year-old.

I don't think Jack has THAT much pull, honestly.  And now that Lindy's playing him out of position, who knows how fondly Jack's feeling about him now?

• Like 3

Exactly. We don't need a coach that the players like, we need a coach that players respect.

• Like 5

Besides, once Jack learns what it’s like to play for a coach who knows what he’s doing, he won’t care about Lindy any longer.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Exactly. We don't need a coach that the players like, we need a coach that players respect.

I was listening to Lundqvist talk about playing for Torts the other day, and that’s the exact word he used (one of them anyway). He said he respected and feared Torts. Does anyone not named Alexander Holtz actually fear Lindy?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

I was listening to Lundqvist talk about playing for Torts the other day, and that’s the exact word he used (one of them anyway). He said he respected and feared Torts. Does anyone not named Alexander Holtz actually fear Lindy?

As much as I loathe Torts, I wouldn’t object if the Devils hired someone like him to coach this group.  After Lindy’s disarray, some discipline might do them good.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

As much as I loathe Torts, I wouldn’t object if the Devils hired someone like him to coach this group.  After Lindy’s disarray, some discipline might do them good.

I don't know how anyone here wouldn't welcome him with open arms, seeing what he's done with the flyers this year.

• Like 1

Just now, Devilsfan118 said:

I don't know how anyone here wouldn't welcome him with open arms, seeing what he's done with the flyers this year.

I’ve posted this 2-3 other times, but I’m convinced that you go back to the start of the season and swap Lindy with Torts, the Devils are currently a top-four team in the East, while the Flyers are competing with Chicago and San Jose for the number-one pick in the next draft.

• Like 1

Just now, ButlerBulldog said:

Yeah this team is ready for a true taskmaster-type who will bring in his system and have his way of doing things and command respect and you'd better get on board with his vision.  

• Like 1