Lindy Ruff RELIEVED Of duties, Green Temp Coach

Colorado Rockies 1976

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

Bumping this part. They opened the first game after with the prepared statement and then moved on to what the team would look at that night.

But what is Bill going to say that we don't already know from Westhead & Strang's reporting?

Honestly, I don't want the rest of players to be talking about it. Me hearing what Jack or Timo or Lazar's feelings on it wont change what the a$$hole may have done and its a tragic thing for the victim and a horrendous [FOR LACK OF A BETTER WORD] distraction for the rest of them who played no role in it other than being this POS' teammate for the last few years.

As for the purpose of this thread, tonight's first period is massive on so many levels. Are we going to get the comatose, still on island time team or they going to come out and rise to the level of their opposition?

I know at this point it is 100% old man yelling at cloud but his seat better be on fire if they get steamrolled

Yeah, as far as all of this goes, we'll be updated through various media outlets much more dedicated to providing that info than the Devils should be.  It's Bill and Ken's (and Erika and Bryce's) job to talk about the team on the ice and the players that are relevant to it.  McLeod and Foote no longer fit that bill; I'd say it would be beyond shocking if we ever saw either of them suit up for the Devils ever again, let alone ANY NHL clubs.  If the Devils want to treat them like they no longer exists, OK...because as far as the Devils go, they really no longer do.

And if the players are asked about it, I'm sure they've all been well-versed in what to say...it will be some version of "no comment", as it should be.  None of them are involved in what happened in 2018; they have nothing to have to answer for.

And yeah, Fitz is betting awfully heavy on Lindy suddenly having a fvcking clue.  I don't understand it myself.  At ALL.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

1 hour ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I do wonder what Bastian is thinking tbh since he and MM were close

I hope he’s thinking what I would be thinking if one of my best friends raped someone; and that is: who the fvck is this person?!

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2

With the progress he's made this year, Holtz looks like a really good candidate to be Toffoli's in house replacement as a top 6 shooter.  Not that he's an all star or anything but it will be unforgivable if he ends up demanding a trade/gets moved because of Lindy’s inability to properly use him.  What's Toffoli going to cost going forward, 6 million AAV minimum?   That alone would be a 5+ million dollar fvck up on next years cap.        

Edited by Lateralous
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

With the progress he's made this year, Holtz looks like a really good candidate to be Toffoli's in house replacement as a top 6 shooter.  Not that he's an all star or anything but it will be unforgivable if he ends up demanding a trade/gets moved because of Lindy inability to properly use him.  What's Toffoli going to cost going forward, 6 million AAV minimum?   That alone would be a 5+ million dollar fvck up on next years cap.        

If there's ANY chance of Toffoli sticking around, he's going to have to take a discount (other players have done that), and figure on no more than two years.  If he's looking for a payday, he will have to get it somewhere else.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

If there's ANY chance of Toffoli sticking around, he's going to have to take a discount (other players have done that), and figure on no more than two years.  If he's looking for a payday, he will have to get it somewhere else.

I like the player but didn't we look so much faster last night without him lugging around the ice?  I don't want to see what this looks like if he even loses a quarter of a step going forward.    

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

I like the player but didn't we look so much faster last night without him lugging around the ice?  I don't want to see what this looks like if he even loses a quarter of a step going forward.    

I’d much rather give Holtz a chance to develop than overpay for Toffoli, whom I like but who’s also not getting any younger (as you pointed out).

Edited by ButlerBulldog
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

I’d much rather give Holtz a chance to develop than overpay for Toffoli, whom I like but who’s also not getting any younger (as you pointed out).

Problem is we need a coach who actually wants to let the kid have that opportunity instead of chastising him for making growing pain mistakes.

everyone else is afforded numerous attempts, but not Holtz, not the Loser Lindy’s Swedish whipping boy

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Problem is we need a coach who actually wants to let the kid have that opportunity instead of chastising him for making growing pain mistakes.

everyone else is afforded numerous attempts, but not Holtz, not the Loser Lindy’s Swedish whipping boy

As at least one other poster has pointed out, it would be nice if the media would call Lindy out for this, as there’s no rhyme or reason to the behavior.  If the Devils can’t climb back into contention, they can at least use the remainder of the season to develop their youngsters.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

As at least one other poster has pointed out, it would be nice if the media would call Lindy out for this, as there’s no rhyme or reason to the behavior.  If the Devils can’t climb back into contention, they can at least use the remainder of the season to develop their youngsters.

Novo tried and prob got threatened to have his credentials taken away 😂.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Novo tried and prob got threatened to have his credentials taken away 😂.

6 hours ago, jagknife said:

Sadly I don’t think this might be far from the truth 

Agreed.  It’s astonishing how many people in professional sports, despite their success in even reaching the profession, have such deep-rooted insecurity that they won’t answer a legitimate question.

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I can't believe we're probably stuck with Lindy for the next few seasons.

Why do you say that?  Did I miss some recent news?  

I've always taken the long contract negotiation this summer with Lindy coming off a record setting season AND beating the Rangers in the first round as a sign that Fitz isn't THAT enamored with him.  Obviously, most of the fan base would have liked to have seen him gone yesterday, but I don't take Fitzgerald's reluctance to fire him mid season in a year where the team was decimated by injuries as a sign that he'll retain him and sign up for another year of this.  Maybe he just has his eye on someone that won't be available until the summer?   

2 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I can't believe we're probably stuck with Lindy for the next few seasons.

Few seasons? Are you trying to make this entire place melt down.. you might as well walk out of your office and pull the fire alarm 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I mean they have to actually make the playoffs first before we pronounce Lindy off the hot seat and that's not exactly a sure thing. 

It doesn't exactly look good they both needed a REAL belated system change to get going, and the system change immediately paid dividends when everyone outside of this coaching staff knew weeks and months ago you needed to simplify sh!t having greenhorns on defense, shaky goalies and a revolving door of forwards.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I mean they have to actually make the playoffs first before we pronounce Lindy off the hot seat and that's not exactly a sure thing. 

It doesn't exactly look good they both needed a REAL belated system change to get going, and the system change immediately paid dividends when everyone outside of this coaching staff knew weeks and months ago you needed to simplify sh!t having greenhorns on defense, shaky goalies and a revolving door of forwards.

Wait, you mean coaches can't just close their eyes and pretend the new guys can do EXACTLY what the previous guys could do? Weird.

I swear this old bastard thinks he's still in the 90s and he's about to have Hasek, Satan, Peca and Smehlik come through those doors. Or the rookies magically turn into them in their sleep.