2/22/2024 GDT: Rangers @ Devils, 7 pm - Win or Else

Colorado Rockies 1976

19 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I’m all for Berube coming in for the rest of this season to get some time with this team ahead of next year (could that possibly hurt?), but doesn’t seem like Fitz is keen on him, for whatever his reasons.

I'm on record saying I'm not a big proponent of Berube only because he wasn't exactly the best player during his time in the NHL, but at this point I would take a crash dummy behind the bench.

1 minute ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I'm on record saying I'm not a big proponent of Berube only because he wasn't exactly the best player during his time in the NHL, but at this point I would take a crash dummy behind the bench.

We already have one of those.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Absolutely no point to do that on the cusp of March given where they are in the standings and their remaining schedule.

And Berube isn’t coming without a multi year deal. 

Nashville doesn’t  have Brunette if they followed that thinking. 

Only responsible approach is to wait until summer when every option around the league and elsewhere is available. 

The only plausible alternative if you make the move now is Green. Talk about a crash dummy. God help us. 

Use your head not your heart. If after a full on exhaustive and comprehensive search Berube is the guy, so be it.

But not now under the gun.

PS - Halak was a crash dummy too. 

Edited by smelly

3 minutes ago, hit the post said:

We already have one of those.

At least an actual crash test dummy would be lassez-faire with everyone equally.  What Lindy does is worse...rag on Holtz and to an extent Timo, then let everyone else slide starting with the golden prince on the blue line.

Edited by NJDevs4978

2 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

At least an actual crash test dummy would be lassez-faire with everyone equally.  What Lindy does is worse...rag on Holtz and to an extent Timo, then let everyone else slide starting with the golden prince on the blue line.

It’d also stop its fair share of pucks and wouldn’t inexplicably leave the crease like VV. 

Edited by smelly

7 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

To be fair, Gretzky was a pretty terrible coach. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

He did win a Cup and not like great players always make great coaches (see:  Gretzky).  Scotty Bowman didn’t play a single minute in the NHL.

But if Fitz doesn’t want Berube, then he doesn’t want him.  Gonna suck watching Lindy doing Lindy things for the rest of the season, but if he’s not gone after this disaster and the one that came before it and the team now having gone 7-10-2 in their last 19, guess it’s not happening until the season’s over.  And yeah that sucks.

• Like 2

If anyone has watched Sunderland Till I Die they fired their coach after a big loss and didn't even let him go to the post game press conference. Same thing should have happened here. A representative coming out and saying Lindy and the staff have been let go, we won't be taking any other questions tonight.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He did win a Cup and not like great players always make great coaches (see:  Gretzky).  Scotty Bowman didn’t play a single minute in the NHL.

But if Fitz doesn’t want Berube, then he doesn’t want him.  Gonna suck watching Lindy doing Lindy things for the rest of the season, but if he’s not gone after this disaster and the one that came before it and the team now having gone 7-10-2 in their last 19, guess it’s not happening until the season’s over.  And yeah that sucks.

Hell Jon Cooper didn't even play professionally anywhere

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

PR department knew it was coming.

ficking 10 ply like the rest of them

Ryan pussing out by not specifying what that question was. 

We can all guess, but if you post that tweet ya gotta say it. 

Edited by smelly
  • Like 1

Just now, jagknife said:

PR department knew it was coming.

ficking 10 ply like the rest of them

That really is a joke.

Sure, the organization could seem cold and aloof and even “uncool” under Lou and McMullen, but now they come across as way too thin-skinned.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Fire all of them too, no accountability 

2 minutes ago, smelly said:

Ryan pussing out by not specifying what that question was. 

We can all guess, but if you post that tweet ya gotta say it. 

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

That really is a joke.

Sure, the organization could seem cold and aloof and even “uncool” under Lou and McMullen, but now they come across as way too thin-skinned.

guess he stormed out? But I agree, I wanna know what was gonna be asked

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

He spoke quite a long time compared to other times and didn't seem like he stormed out at all to me. 

What did he say?  A brief summary will do.

And it also is an organizational embarrassment that Fitz has been totally MIA since the WJ thing went down, even during the whole Stadium Series extravaganza. 

He and ownership (and likely their personal and organizational lawyers) clearly don’t want him out there open to some very tough questions about what he knew and why he made the decisions he did with MM and especially Foote. 

Just like MM’s equivocal non-answers over the years, seems obvious to me that Fitz is hiding because there is some very embarrassing laundry in both the organizational and his own closets. 

An argument can be made that this sh!thole of a season is simply well-deserved karma. 

Edited by smelly