GDT: 03-01-2024 Devils @ Ducks 10:00 EST MSGSN

Rock

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Is there a Camp David for Presidents of hockey franchises too?  Maybe that’s where Fitz is spending all of his time these days.

I think you mean the White House doomsday bunker. It’s just ridiculous how he’s gone AWOL. 

Edited by smelly
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, smelly said:

Good coach, bad coach, average coach - irrelevant when you have basically the worst goaltending in the league. Literally. 

As bad as you think he is even Lindy would have more than enough points to be safely in a PO spot with even slightly LESS than average goalkeeping. 

Great, so we’d squeak into the playoffs as a bubble team. Lindy is not the guy that they will win a Cup with though. Which means he needs to be replaced. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Chico also said jack had a good game last week and it was one of his worst of the season.

Ok - so your position is that Chico doesn’t know what he’s talking about and you do. Got it. 

#internet

Edited by smelly

I think you mean the White House doomsday bunker. It’s just ridiculous how he’s gone AWOL. 

He was hard at work picking up kurtis mcdermid. Granted we do need some physical players... especially judging by this game

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Great, so we’d squeak into the playoffs as a bubble team. Lindy is not the guy that they will win a Cup with though. Which means he needs to be replaced. 

Hey, if you need to replace the pipes you do it. 

But not before you put out the raging inferno.

Edited by smelly

Ok - so your position is that Chico doesn’t know what he’s talking about and you do. Got it. 

#internet

Coaching and goaltending are both problems. It’s not rocket science. 

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Is there a Camp David for Presidents of hockey franchises too?  Maybe that’s where Fitz is spending all of his time these days.

He does go to Maine every year with the extended family (the Tkachuk’s always go). Maybe he’s bunkered down there hiding from Novo and the rest of the bad people. 

• Angry 1

Just now, devlman said:

Coaching and goaltending are both problems. It’s not rocket science. 

And if you had added a goalie and left Lindy alone, you’d be in the playoffs. 

The converse isn’t true. 

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

He does go to Maine every year with the extended family (the Tkachuk’s always go). Maybe he’s bunkered down there hiding from Novo and the rest of the bad people. 

The few times i ever see Fitz is in another team’s arena.

It's nice that Jack wants to do it all and try to make a miracle happen on his own, but if we had any kind of competent coaching staff at all, they would tell him that he can use his talent to set up his teammates and create plays. 

And if you had added a goalie and left Lindy alone, you’d be in the playoffs. 

The converse isn’t true. 

And if you left the goalies and replaced the coach you’d be in the playoffs too.

38 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Yep. The top 10 game scores I posted the other day Luke had 3 of them - they were all before January. 

These players don’t ALL suck. Make whatever excuses you want, but it all starts with the coach when almost everyone is underperforming. 

I never said they all suck... in fact, I just said the coaches suck.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, devlman said:

And if you left the goalies and replaced the coach you’d be in the playoffs too.

No way. That is an utterly indefensible position. 

Look at the stats. 

And just ask anyone who actually works ih the league. 

1 minute ago, devlman said:

Mercer has been the biggest disappointment for me this year.

Playing his way out of Jersey. 

And at this rate, if it yields a Swayman or a Saros or a Markström, good riddance. 

Edited by smelly