2024 Offseason Thread - It’s FINALLY here

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

I’m about done with Fitz. 

As am I.  Berube is clearly interested, so why hasn’t he been offered the job?  Is Fitz really this stupid?  He doesn’t owe Green anything, and we’ve sufficient empiric evidence that Travis is not the right man to lead the Devils.  If Fitz brings him back, he should be fired immediately, after which Kate Madigan can offer Berube the head coaching position.

Gawd, damn, fvck.

• Like 1

Kinda wish Fitz would hurry the fvck up here before more teams get eliminated and potentially begin looking for coaches. 

Toronto is going to be looking for a HC very shortly id imagine - I think the candidates they're looking for will likely overlap with us.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Kinda wish Fitz would hurry the fvck up here before more teams get eliminated and potentially begin looking for coaches. 

Toronto is going to be looking for a HC very shortly id imagine - I think the candidates they're looking for will likely overlap with us.

I’m growing more and more concerned that Fitz is deliberately dragging things out so that he can say he explored all his options but didn’t like any of them and thus decided to bring back Green.

• Vomiting 3

1 hour ago, ButlerBulldog said:

I’m growing more and more concerned that Fitz is deliberately dragging things out so that he can say he explored all his options but didn’t like any of them and thus decided to bring back Green.

Well Green is interviewing too so we can only hope someone else puts a ring on it first then.

8 hours ago, ButlerBulldog said:

As am I.  Berube is clearly interested, so why hasn’t he been offered the job?  Is Fitz really this stupid?  He doesn’t owe Green anything, and we’ve sufficient empiric evidence that Travis is not the right man to lead the Devils.  If Fitz brings him back, he should be fired immediately, after which Kate Madigan can offer Berube the head coaching position.

Gawd, damn, fvck.

7 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Its not so quiet rumor that Keefe is probably being fired on Thursday, and that Berube WANTS that job. If that happens, its also rumored Keefe would sprint to Dubas in Pitt, leaving Sully without a dance partner. Hello Fitz.

I'm at the point as long as Travis Green isn't our head coach when the music stops, I'm okay with it.

Well.... no one from the current coaching staff can be our coach, then I'll be okay with it...

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I'm at the point as long as Travis Green isn't our head coach when the music stops, I'm okay with it.

I wouldn’t be ok with McLellan. Give me Sullivan, Berube, or David Carle (Denver). I don’t particularly want Gallant either. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Latest 31 Thoughts says Devils may be front runner for Berube, but Toronto may get involved.

Doesn't think Ottawa is in it for him anymore.

If Toronto gets involved, it means Keefe is out. Keefe and Dubas are tight, so that could open the door for us to land Sullivan. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Wow...welcome aboard Seamus!  

9 hours ago, ButlerBulldog said:

If Fitz was THAT high on Green, he simply would've named him the head coach by now, especially since another team in Ottawa has gotten involved...even if we thought Buffalo was nuts for hiring Lindy, the fact is that they targeted their guy and didn't fvck around with it; FWIW, Fitz is clearly not doing the same with Green.  I don't think Fitz is faking interest in other candidates just to keep us happy...put it this way, are we going to be happy if Green's ultimately hired no matter WHEN it happens?  What would Fitz gain by dragging things out and pretending to look around?  If Green gets the gig then I'm guessing at least 90% of the fan base will be furious, no matter what the circumstances.  I suspect most of the hardcore fans will be done with Fitz if he sticks with Green (me among them).   

Like many Devils fans, I cringe whenever I hear "strong candidate", but let me see Green actually get the job.      

• Like 6

So just for the hell of it:

Luke played 80 games with Michigan and put up 27 G and 60 A for 87 points.

Seamus played in 77 games with Michigan and put up 15 G and 59 A for 74 points.

If Casey actually stays here (still hard to imagine that any true needle-moving "right now" kind of player won't see Casey go as part of a return), will be interesting to see how much his lack of size will be an issue in the pro game. 

On another note, not saying that I would deal for him, but Mitch Marner's situation is intriguing...for one, I think he's quickly gaining a rep as a loser who puts up nice numbers in the regular season but doesn't get it done when you really need him to...which makes this year's cap hit (over $10 million) and the idea of extending him to massive money not necessarily an attractive proposition for a number of teams.  Makes you wonder how much Toronto could realistically expect to get for him in a deal...he has "one year rental" written all over him.  I can see some team (like Columbus) making the mistake of signing him to big money and thinking they just landed a major cornerstone piece. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

I wonder what Ottawa saw in Travis Green's stint in either NJ or Vancouver that made them say "I want some of that!"   

Maybe he plays a mean pinball. 😉Let them take him and get him out of our organization. I personally don't care what they saw.

• Like 2

The thing that’s funny about Green is that even though in-season coaching changes don’t always work long-term, they can often lead to a temporary early surge…say, an 8-2 run or something like that. Green didn’t even give the Devils THAT.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

So just for the hell of it:

Luke played 80 games with Michigan and put up 27 G and 60 A for 87 points.

Seamus played in 77 games with Michigan and put up 15 G and 59 A for 74 points.

If Casey actually stays here (still hard to imagine that any true needle-moving "right now" kind of player won't see Casey go as part of a return), will be interesting to see how much his lack of size will be an issue in the pro game. 

On another note, not saying that I would deal for him, but Mitch Marner's situation is intriguing...for one, I think he's quickly gaining a rep as a loser who puts up nice numbers in the regular season but doesn't get it done when you really need him to...which makes this year's cap hit (over $10 million) and the idea of extending him to massive money not necessarily an attractive proposition for a number of teams.  Makes you wonder how much Toronto could realistically expect to get for him in a deal...he has "one year rental" written all over him.  I can see some team (like Columbus) making the mistake of signing him to big money and thinking they just landed a major cornerstone piece. 

Marner also has a full NMC, as does Tavares, who also only has one year left. It'll be interesting to see how creative Toronto will be if they want to significantly re-shape their roster. Although Bertuzzi, Domi and TJ Brodie are all UFAs now which could create $13.5m in cap space, but they'll have to find replacements for them.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

Marner also has a full NMC, as does Tavares, who also only has one year left. It'll be interesting to see how creative Toronto will be if they want to significantly re-shape their roster. Although Bertuzzi, Domi and TJ Brodie are all UFAs now which could create $13.5m in cap space, but they'll have to find replacements for them.

Yeah Marner’s basically going to be able to pick a team to go to, if he’s willing to be moved.  He has all the leverage here.

Of course Toronto can just keep him and try to sign him for less money on this deal, but Marner would have to be willing to take less…and of course, exactly how many more chances do you want to give these guys if you’re the Leafs?

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976