2024 Offseason Thread - It’s FINALLY here

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Thank God.

What this tells you, regarding Fitz and Green:  Fitz was saying and doing just enough not to burn a bridge in case he felt like his other options weren't going to work out, but Green was NOT his man.  Like I said in an earlier post, Fitz absolutely had all of the time in the world to ditch the interim tag and commit to Green, if he felt that strongly about him.

Glad this most brief coaching moment in Devils history has officially become just that:  a brief moment.  Still hoping for Berube when all is said and done.

If nothing else, Fitz scored some points today.  A number of fans were concerned about him almost blindly sticking with Green, and that's a concern we can joyfully put behind us.

Not sure WTF Ottawa is thinking.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Rock said:

Am I so out of touch that I don't know who Jack Dawkins is and what is the extent of his expertise?

Jack Dawkins is a freelance scout, analyst and avid watcher of "way too much hockey." He has joined The Hockey Writers team to cover all things Washington Capitals, New Jersey Devils, Minnesota Wild, Los Angeles Kings, Arizona Coyotes and Florida Panthers. He's an absolute data hound and loves using stats and analytics to calculate and extrapolate data for analysis.

Jack Dawkins (thehockeywriters.com)

In the end, just another ubermetrics dude with an opinion.  I had never heard of him either.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Jack Dawkins is a freelance scout, analyst and avid watcher of "way too much hockey." He has joined The Hockey Writers team to cover all things Washington Capitals, New Jersey Devils, Minnesota Wild, Los Angeles Kings, Arizona Coyotes and Florida Panthers. He's an absolute data hound and loves using stats and analytics to calculate and extrapolate data for analysis.

Jack Dawkins (thehockeywriters.com)

In the end, just another ubermetrics dude with an opinion.  I had never heard of him either.

ok so what stat or numbers tells him it's not the Devils coaching this year that was the problem? (what a load of horse sh!T)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rock said:

Am I so out of touch that I don't know who Jack Dawkins is and what is the extent of his expertise?

Jack Dawkins is a Devils fan on Twitter with a misguided opinion.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

What this tells you, regarding Fitz and Green:  Fitz was saying and doing just enough not to burn a bridge in case he felt like his other options weren't going to work out, but Green was NOT his man.  Like I said in an earlier post, Fitz absolutely had all of the time in the world to ditch the interim tag and commit to Green, if he felt that strongly about him.

Glad this most brief coaching moment in Devils history has officially become just that:  a brief moment.  Still hoping for Berube when all is said and done.

If nothing else, Fitz scored some points today.  A number of fans were concerned about him almost blindly sticking with Green, and that's a concern we can joyfully put behind us.

Not sure WTF Ottawa is thinking.  

Yes, this is a step in the right direction, albeit a small one.  Now that Green is out of the picture, Fitz needs to intensify his pursuit of Berube so that another team (e.g., Toronto) doesn’t have an opportunity to swoop in and grab him.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I'll pull an opinion out of my ass.  Maybe if Hamilton doesn't get hurt the power play doesn't go in the toilet and the Devils win a few more games.  (OOOOH that means jack Dawkins is right IT WASN'T THE COACHING!)😛😱

Edited by Rock
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Yes, this is a step in the right direction, albeit a small one.  Now that Green is out of the picture, Fitz needs to intensify his pursuit of Berube so that another team (e.g., Toronto) doesn’t have an opportunity to swoop in and grab him.

Not like Berube doesn't have any say in this.  If he has his heart set on the Leafs job (should it become available) and the Leafs want him, not much Fitz is going to be able to do about it.  

• Like 2

Just now, Devilsfan118 said:

He's getting rightfully torched for the hot take.

Yeah, suddenly the Sabres and the Sens are the teams that know what the hell they're doing?  Since WHEN?!  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah, suddenly the Sabres and the Sens are the teams that know what the hell they're doing?  Since WHEN?!  

He apparently didn’t watch the Predators this season, as he should know by now that Brunette was clearly the mastermind behind last season’s success.

• Like 4

See ya, Green. You were a semi decent player, and not so great coach. No hard feelings, just don't want you as the future/long term coach of this team.

I wouldn't hate Berube, but I think I'd rather have someone else. What are Beaudreau and Gallant doing?

• Like 1

I was perusing HF for the first time in ages and it seems a bunch of folks over there aren’t really digging Berube. They seem to think he stifled offensive creativity in St. Louis and are afraid he’ll do the same here. I don’t agree. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

He apparently didn’t watch the Predators this season, as he should know by now that Brunette was clearly the mastermind behind last season’s success.

Apparently, he didn’t watch many Canucks games when he was coach either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

As was mentioned earlier, winning the lottery (or even moving up a few spots) opens a lot of different doors.

You know what though, I'm not really sure it does. Like with the nemec pick, If they move up to one or two there's no way they're going to trade the pick. Kind of handcuffs them a bit. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

You know what though, I'm not really sure it does. Like with the nemec pick, If they move up to one or two there's no way they're going to trade the pick. Kind of handcuffs them a bit. 

Never say never. I would agree the likelihood of a trade decreases the higher the pick is. But it also gives Fitz a bigger chip to use. If a player we never anticipated being available suddenly becomes available for example, (like Brady Tkachuk, since we’ve been discussing him), now you have a big time asset you can potentially use to acquire that player. It just opens up all kinds of other possibilities. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jagknife said:

My nightmare: McGill becomes head coach cause Fitz gets cold feet for some messed up reason…

Plz don't speak this sh!t into existence.

2 hours ago, jagknife said:

Found it

I don't agree with him but I have some some worry that Fitz is letting the analytics department have a little too much influence and maybe Ruff did not have full autonomy on the lineup decisions. If any of that is true it's dogsh!t and no way Berube would agree to anything like that

2 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

No way they'd be this stupid to leak the results, rightimage.png.39826b19d876b23b4d3b92db4299e474.png

LOL That is hilarious.