GDT: Devils vs Presds 4/7/24 7:00pm MSGSN

NJDfan1711

Not loving Timo being towards the bottom of these lately. His strong finish was one of the few bright spots.

I also thought Mercer looked terrible tonight, so this definitely matches my eye test. 

Not much to like from this one.

*Sigh*

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bonginator11 said:

The first 2 especially felt like automatic goals

The other team was down 2-0 a LOT.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Oh well…this was typical 2023-24 Devils.

Need two points…get less.

Yup. I can't even define in a few words the "typical" Devils. They fvcked up in so many ways...

Edited by Devs64
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Not loving Timo being towards the bottom of these lately. His strong finish was one of the few bright spots.

I also thought Mercer looked terrible tonight, so this definitely matches my eye test. 

Not much to like from this one.

*Sigh*

Surprised to see Nico near the bottom, as he was active and made some nice plays individually on both ends.  Holtz is not making a case for the Devils to keep him.

3 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Surprised to see Nico near the bottom, as he was active and made some nice plays individually on both ends.  Holtz is not making a case for the Devils to keep him.

It seems like Lindy's shadow is still hanging over him. To be fair the entire team is not making any case right now. If he's not gone by October, he may actually make a case under...Berube...I hope  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Devs64 said:

It seems like Lindy's shadow is still hanging over him. To be fair the entire team is not making any case right now. If he's not gone by October, he may actually make a case under...Berube...I hope  

Fitz didn’t do him any favors either by trashing him in front of the media, but he’s not made the most of the top-6 minutes he’s received under Green.  I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he’s packaged for a starting goalie.

9 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Fitz didn’t do him any favors either by trashing him in front of the media, but he’s not made the most of the top-6 minutes he’s received under Green.  I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he’s packaged for a starting goalie.

I wouldn't be surprised too, but I'd be upset to see him make quick progress on another team.

• Like 1

Holtz hasn’t exactly been helping himself much, but it would also be a shame to never get a look at him under a different coaching staff. 

Fitz has done nothing but fvck that pick up since the day he made it. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Bowers and Tierney big time players.  Don't see much value in these particular score cards.  But same goes for the games imo.

That’s funny, I seldom find value in your posts. ;)

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

image.gif.2766186f43a1ca93593a36f909366a6e.gif

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Coming from such an expert on everything Devils and even more so champ of the colored bar graphs I'm totally fine with and am use to your superiority complex. 🥱

Maybe next season the cooler colors will bring at least more wins on paper if not on the ice. Maybe.

1 minute ago, titans04 said:

Coming from such an expert on everything Devils and even more so champ of the colored bar graphs I'm totally fine with and am use to your superiority complex. 🥱

Maybe next season the cooler colors will bring at least more wins on paper if not on the ice. Maybe.

Not an expert at all. Never claimed to be. Just trying to share stuff on an extremely dead board. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Exactly.  Viktor Kozlov was an early SO beast for the Devils.

I was just gonna mention him. I think he was like 25 for 30 or something ridiculous like that.  Dude always did the leg-kick fake-shot, then went backhand. 

42 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I was just gonna mention him. I think he was like 25 for 30 or something ridiculous like that.  Dude always did the leg-kick fake-shot, then went backhand. 

Kozlov shot 66.7% in them as a Devil (the first season that they were introduced).  He went 17-for-37 for his career.  Kovy found a new gear in 2011-12...he had been meh in them prior, but went something like 11-for-14 in SOs that year.

The Devils were actually the VERY best at shootouts from their inception through the 2011-12 season overall. 

Since then...not so much.  

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Kozlov shot 66.7% in them as a Devil (the first season that they were introduced).  He went 17-for-37 for his career.  Kovy found a new gear in 2011-12...he had been meh in them prior, but went something like 11-for-14 in SOs that year.

The Devils were actually the VERY best at shootouts from their inception through the 2011-12 season overall. 

Since then...not so much.  

Parise and Gionta were also very good at it too lol...amazing how they've more often than not been totally clueless since then

7 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Parise and Gionta were also very good at it too lol...amazing how they've more often than not been totally clueless since then

Yeah, starting with the truncated 2013 season, the Devils pretty much went from being the best in SOs to god-awful.  They're 30-66 in shootouts since then...they've managed a winning record in them since 2013 just once.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Just now, nmigliore said:

I like 3-on-3 OT but I hate the shootout. Bring back ties. Or just flip a coin to determine winner, that would be more exciting than shootouts. 

I'm all for extending 3-on-3 to 10 mins.  I think that would REALLY reduce the number of shootouts.

I'm fine with ties coming back, but I doubt we ever see them again.

I'll keep hoping for a 3-2-1-0 point format, so we can stop having some games being worth two points and other ones worth three.  Would also be nice to see a regulation win mean more than OT/SO wins...and also for loser points to be worth that much less in the grand scheme.  

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I'm all for extending 3-on-3 to 10 mins.  I think that would REALLY reduce the number of shootouts.

I'll keep hoping for a 3-2-1-0 point format, so we can stop having some games being worth two points and other ones worth three.  Would also be nice to see a regulation win mean more than OT/SO wins...and also for loser points to be worth that much less in the grand scheme.  

You me and everyone else other than NHL pooh-bahs who love the 'parity' this frankenstein system fosters.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I don't remember what podcast I heard it on, but I also wouldn't mind some funky rule in the 3v3 like once you enter the opponent's blue line you can't retreat back past the redline. Even though I like the 3v3, the possession hogging/stalling game gets ridiculous sometimes. 

Fully agreed on the 3-2-1 point format, though... yet another good rule the PWHL has implemented (in addition to Gold Plan for draft order). 

• Like 2

The ECHL went to an extended 7 minute 3-on-3. I wish the NHL would at least try that if they don’t want to do a full 10. 

Shootouts are like outdoor games. They lost their novelty a long, long time ago. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1