Coyotes players informed of pending move to Utah

RunninWithTheDevil

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

okay that’s MUCH better

Where did they even get Yetis from though? Is there some Utah folklore story that I've just missed? Cause Yetis have always been associated with the Himalayan mountains like Everest. Like even Disney's Animal Kingdom has the roller coaster with the Yeti that is literally themed to this.

I would think most people from there would much rather have a team name that's actually associated with their state, even more so because the Jazz have nothing to do with their state. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

Personally, I would never continue watching and supporting a team that moved away. Can't imagine a ton of Coyotes fans are going to do this either.

Even more ridiculous when some people in NJ can't even watch the Devils because of blackouts... 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1
  • Angry 2

57 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Personally, I would never continue watching and supporting a team that moved away. Can't imagine a ton of Coyotes fans are going to do this either.

Even more ridiculous when some people in NJ can't even watch the Devils because of blackouts... 

Frig that Buttman. 😠 Special tv privileges when I can't even watch a national game because of blackouts.  Frak this league! :rant:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

This seems tone deaf, which is why I’m not surprised it’s Bettman making the announcement.  Why would Coyotes fans want to watch the team that left their state?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Coyote fans got completely fvcked over so i wouldn't doubt them not watching, that fanbase is livid right now.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Man, part of me wonders if he put that 5 year clause in knowing he could force Muruelo to be a non-factor by trashing the project in a long play to get an actual owner into Arizona who gives a sh!t.

that press conference was a massive win for Bettman with Muruelo looking completely incompetent as a hockey person

on the flip side, if I’m a coyote/utah hockey club player, I’m loving the media appearances being done by my new owner. He cares about the people. Wants the community to be involved in welcoming (like community businesses and whatnot) and is giving the fans a voice when it comes to the team name.

their colors are definitely going to be close to the Jazz or the same.

all from the 32 thoughts podcast from yesterday 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Man, part of me wonders if he put that 5 year clause in knowing he could force Muruelo to be a non-factor by trashing the project in a long play to get an actual owner into Arizona who gives a sh!t.

that press conference was a massive win for Bettman with Muruelo looking completely incompetent as a hockey person

I’d bet that’s Bettman’s plan. Muruelo is an idiot and Bettman knows it. If he gives it time he should be able to find a real owner with real money and real initiative to make an arena happen. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’d bet that’s Bettman’s plan. Muruelo is an idiot and Bettman knows it. If he gives it time he should be able to find a real owner with real money and real initiative to make an arena happen. 

100%

the man has no clue how to own a franchise. He wanted it for the sports book license, now he’ll be able to apply for one because of the Roadrunners.

caught red handed not paying hotel bills. Half adding the “move” to Mullet Arena and not even helping ASU make sure the freaking lockerrooms were ready. Hiring your dumb as bricks son to run the social media team and run a propaganda campaign to give the illusion everything was okay and there was actual hope when you weren’t doing sh!t.

Etc etc

hes another person who deserves paper cuts where the sun doesn’t shine that never heal completely and every time he relieves himself, it should burn like he’s peeing lemonade 

• Like 1

I’m partial towards Blizzard myself.

No “Hockey Club”…that’s way too soccer-like and I really don’t like soccer.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I’m partial towards Blizzard myself.

No “Hockey Club”…that’s way too soccer-like and I really don’t

Yeah no ‘Hockey Club’. Keep that sh!t to soccer. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Blizzard is too similar to Avalanche IMO. I like the Fury or Yetis, both roll off the tongue, and with the Yeti's you have that vocal alliteration "Yu-tah Yeti's"

Edit: Not sure what Yeti's have to do with Utah though

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

All pretty bad, I wouldn't want any of them if I was a fan of this team. 

I kind of like Utah Venom, although I wonder if that means their mascot will be a snake or scorpion as opposed to the villain from Spider-Man.

15 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Happy for those players.  Even though the building as is will need some work, must be nice to have such an enthusiastic fan base, as well as playing in an arena that can actually seat five figures' worth of fans.  The situation in Arizona was a joke.  Sucks for the fans there that were into the Coyotes, no doubt, but ask Chico and he'll tell you that there was a fair amount of Rockies fans who were actually pretty into their team too.  In the end, can't make everyone happy, and Utah feels like it has a real chance to work out.  Kinda cool for a place like Salt Lake City to have two major franchises call that city home.  They also have the Salt Lake Bees (AAA affilate of the Angels); their home stadium (Smith's Ballpark) boasts the largest capacity stadium in AAA; it can seat 14,500.

EDIT:  Well, looks like the Bees are playing their last season in their current building; they're moving to a new (smaller) stadium that's supposed to be ready by 2025:

Bees plan move to Daybreak; Salt Lake City seeks to 'reimagine' Smith's Ballpark | KSL.com

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Happy for those players.  Even though the building as is will need some work, must be nice to have such an enthusiastic fan base, as well as playing in an arena that can actually seat five figures' worth of fans.  The situation in Arizona was a joke.  Sucks for the fans there that were into the Coyotes, no doubt, but ask Chico and he'll tell you that there was a fair amount of Rockies fans who were actually pretty into their team too.  In the end, can't make everyone happy, and Utah feels like it has a real chance to work out.  Kinda cool for a place like Salt Lake City to have two major franchises call that city home.  They also have the Salt Lake Bees (AAA affilate of the Angels); their home stadium (Smith's Ballpark) boasts the largest capacity stadium in AAA; it can seat 14,500.

EDIT:  Well, looks like the Bees are playing their last season in their current building; they're moving to a new (smaller) stadium that's supposed to be ready by 2025:

Bees plan move to Daybreak; Salt Lake City seeks to 'reimagine' Smith's Ballpark | KSL.com

I’ve two colleagues who live in the Salt Lake City area, and they’re hoping to eventually get an MLB team as well.  It will probably be several years or even decades before that happens, however, as other cities are ahead of them in the line for an expansion team.

On 4/26/2024 at 8:43 AM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

They have also had an MLS team since 2005 that plays in a 20k seat soccer stadium and they won MLS Cup in 2009. They always get good crowds too and pack the place almost every game. 

I've been wanting to go out to a game there for awhile but haven't been able to catch one, I'd really need the moons to align to have the Devils and Red Bulls scheduled to play in the same week there, especially because with the current MLS schedule the Red Bulls only travel to the West 3x a season. 

Also Branden Steineckert, the drummer for Rancid actually wrote a song for them ages ago now since he's a fan of the team and they use it all the time... 

Edited by Satans Hockey