2024 Playoffs GDT

RunninWithTheDevil

2 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

It would be hilarious if Boston imploded again but I think they still have the better chance to win this series

Both scenarios would be funny but I prefer the hilarity of the Leafs with another 1st round exit. I hate that hockey fans(me) have to suffer through 70% of all hockey news covering Toronto. At least if we have to have it shoved down our throats I prefer tobhear about how much they blow.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

If Boston blows this Montgomery could very well become available. A potential pool of coaching candidates that includes Cooper, Brindamor, Montgomery would be insane.

On a side note, Boston has looked absolutely terrible. Soft, lifeless, sleepwalking, one-dimensional. Very uncharacteristic for them.

Edited by devlman

38 minutes ago, devlman said:

If Boston blows this Montgomery could very well become available. A potential pool of coaching candidates that includes Cooper, Brindamor, Montgomery would be insane.

On a side note, Boston has looked absolutely terrible. Soft, lifeless, sleepwalking, one-dimensional. Very uncharacteristic for them.

Pasta and Marchand have sucked the last 2 games. Montgomery has been seen having heated discussions with the Rat on the bench multiple times too. Monty called out Pasta in the post game. Dude couldn't even get his shots to the net.

41 minutes ago, devlman said:

That would be crazy 

40 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

That would be crazy 

FWIW I read somewhere that Brind'Amour and the Canes want to work out an extension...but guess that could change if the Rangers somehow make short work of them.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

FWIW I read somewhere that Brind'Amour and the Canes want to work out an extension...but guess that could change if the Rangers somehow make short work of them.

I can’t see Brind’Amour leaving Carolina. But if he does, I can’t see him going anywhere but Seattle. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, devlman said:

Why would Cooper or Brindamour be available?  

Coop has written his own ticket and won't be fired anytime soon despite two first round exits the last two years, and Brindamour is perhaps the best coach in the league right now. 

40 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Why would Cooper or Brindamour be available?  

Coop has written his own ticket and won't be fired anytime soon despite two first round exits the last two years, and Brindamour is perhaps the best coach in the league right now. 

People were speculating about Cooper before it came out over the last couple days that the team never announced he had signed an extension.

Rod is in contract extensions with Carolina and it was reported that things were getting heating and something on the table got taken off. Since then it appears both parties are back at the table.

I don't think any of the 3 are going anywhere. I don't think Sullivan is either.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

WOW. Canucks with a heartbreaker, Suter scores the 0-0 tiebreaker with 1:39 to go in the 3rd

Feel bad for the Preds but not going to miss that brand of hockey.

Canucks - Oilers should be bonkers.

• Like 1

Wowser, first Toronto coach will inevitably be fired, NOW, B's coach won't have his job if they lose. It's always the coach? He didn't have them ready?  They didn't receive an adequate "pep" talk in the locker room before they took the ice? Let's start putting some responsibility on the players. 

28 minutes ago, vincois said:

Wowser, first Toronto coach will inevitably be fired, NOW, B's coach won't have his job if they lose. It's always the coach? He didn't have them ready?  They didn't receive an adequate "pep" talk in the locker room before they took the ice? Let's start putting some responsibility on the players. 

No one said that the players are blameless.  And it’s not like coaches don’t get canned in the NHL…there’s a reason why so many are looking for a new job.

I’d be very surprised if Montgomery was let go, even though if his team were to lose, that would be two straight first-round exits after having been up in each series.  I wouldn’t fire him myself.

Re:  the Leafs, Keefe is in his fourth season and Treliving inherited him; if it’s yet another first-round exit, I can see Treliving wanting to bring in his own guy.  Gotta think Keefe would get another gig if he was let go.