FLASHBACK: Mogilny a Devil Again

oofrostonoo

http://www.sportsnet.ca/

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp...803_120514_5028

Mogilny heads south

Sportsnet has learned Alexander Mogilny has agreed to a 2-year, $7-million deal with the New Jersey Devils.

Sportsnet.ca -- Another veteran forward has decided to leave the Toronto Maple Leafs' organization and head south of the border.

Sportsnet has learned Alexander Mogilny has agreed to a 2-year, $7-million deal with the New Jersey Devils.

It is a homecoming of sorts for the Russian forward who spent a season-and-a-half in a Devils' uniform before signing with Toronto.

Mogilny was part of the Devils' team which claimed the 2000 Stanley Cup.

The 36-year-old has played his last three seasons in a Leafs' uniform but he was only able to appear in 37 games in his final season in Toronto due to hip injuries. Mogilny notched eight goals and recorded 22 assists over that shortened season.

Mogilny broke into the NHL in 1989 as a member of the Buffalo Sabres' organization and managed to score 76 goals in 77 games during the 1992-93 season.

The 14-year veteran also spent five seasons in Vancouver and has scored 461 goals and added 546 assists in 956 career games.

Top of Page

Edited by Hasan4978

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is true, Devils have another scorer up front.

Although now I'm scouring the internet for information about his hip surgery and recovery.

Plus that's an additional $3.5 million onto the roster? That means trade winds will assuredly blow. ...and I think it's a bit expensive for a 36-year-old recuperating from surgery who hasn't played in a year.

YES!! Man. While I love Mogs! I have to wonder where Lou is going to get the space for his salary. To top it off Wasn't Mogilny close to retiring from the pain of his injuries?

And this puts the Devils close to 48 Million doesn't it with the RFAs? Obviously there is some things in the works to dump salary.

Is something already done and we just haven't heard that side of the event yet?

Edited by DevilMinder

The hell?

Someone check Lou's meds.

Are you telling me we couldn't land Bondra for this money?

<JESTER>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're kidding right? If the guy's healthy, Mogilny is a much better fit. He already had success as a Devil.

Boy, an awful lot of Mogilny detractors are going to be spinning this one.

If this really is legit, where are the Devils getting all this money from?

The hell?

Someone check Lou's meds.

Are you telling me we couldn't land Bondra for this money?

<JESTER>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're kidding right? If the guy's healthy, Mogilny is a much better fit. He already had success as a Devil.

Boy, an awful lot of Mogilny detractors are going to be spinning this one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lou hasn't mentioned yet, but his part in the new CBA is an extra 20 mill for the devs in cap room. :P

Edited by mkstatto

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, Lou did help write the new CBA. We'll need to check the fine print closely. (If they ever release it! :noclue: )

"Section 8, Paragraph 2: The salary cap shall be calculated as 54% of the league revenue divided by 30 teams.*"

"*The New Jersey Devils may spend up to double that amount."

:evil:

jeessuuusss.... I go out ONE NIGHT for a nice dinner... and I come home to THIS !?!?!?! Has this been confirmed yet ???

me likes Elias-Gomez-Almo WORLDS better then Gionta on that line.... man oh man someone's gettin traded soon from this team me thinks!