FLASHBACK: Mogilny a Devil Again

oofrostonoo

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The signing puts the Devils over the $39-million salary cap, but less than the 10 percent maximum. Lamoriello said the club will be back under the threshold before the Oct. 1 deadline."

Apparently this was another CBA wrinkle we haven't heard of until now.....I guess you can be 10% over the cap until the deadline.

"The signing puts the Devils over the $39-million salary cap, but less than the 10 percent maximum. Lamoriello said the club will be back under the threshold before the Oct. 1 deadline."

Apparently this was another CBA wrinkle we haven't heard of until now.....I guess you can be 10% over the cap until the deadline.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, Brooks reported this on Sunday, we were wondering about stuff like this, he provided some interesting info about how much you can be over the cap and how long you can be over it in the off-season.

Well, I guess lets see what he can still do.

While his skating is in question, he still has an amazing shot. We all know Gomez can help him out. Although Mogilny didn't score goals the Andreychuk way, he created his own oppurtunities. I hate it, I'm excited but skeptical.

Edited by E-Devil

i'm AMAZED and ashamed that none of us thought that this might happen (myself included). we were talking about bringing an offensive player back and brought up sykora's name saying that lou likes to bring guys back that buy into the system and that's why sykora wouldn't return, yet i saw nobody suggest mogilny.

i would agree that this means elias is out for several months at least and more likely until december/january.

i'm AMAZED and ashamed that none of us thought that this might happen (myself included). we were talking about bringing an offensive player back and brought up sykora's name saying that lou likes to bring guys back that buy into the system and that's why sykora wouldn't return, yet i saw nobody suggest mogilny.

i would agree that this means elias is out for several months at least and more likely until december/january.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I suggested him way back yonder.

of course it's not the Mogilny we had in 2000-2001, he'll turn 37 halfway through the season. But Almo is an all time great talent. The hands and the skating are still top notch. I think we can expect 25 goals and 60 points from him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I actually thought about posting it but figured it would just be laughed at cause I figured the Devils wouldn't really take that kind of risk.

of course it's not the Mogilny we had in 2000-2001, he'll turn 37 halfway through the season. But Almo is an all time great talent. The hands and the skating are still top notch. I think we can expect 25 goals and 60 points from him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If we get that from him I will be thrilled! Hell, I'll buy drinks for everyone here!

What about sleepy steve? he had a whole post on it...

I'm not a Mogs fan (notice how he's all of a sudden "mogs" now :P) and that's a lot of money yet again... but I do keep thinking maybe he learned his lesson? But he is who he is.. I'll dub him "laconic" instead of blas