Devils All Stars

SC Devs Fan

Marty and no one else for a team that's No. 2 in its division seems oh-so wrong.

I wish Jamie could go, but that's a contribution that's not gonna get recognized.

Nieds should go.

Marty doesn't see five or six shots in some periods because he's doing all the work... there ARE others involved. EVERYONE should go for defense. :)

Marty and no one else for a team that's No. 2 in its division seems oh-so wrong.

I wish Jamie could go, but that's a contribution that's not gonna get recognized.

Nieds should go.

Marty doesn't see five or six shots in some periods because he's doing all the work... there ARE others involved. EVERYONE should go for defense. :)

ESB...LAME with the blocked shots reasoning for Nieds. Stevens should be there hands down if that's the way your calling it! So HA! :evil:

But I am in agreement that it would have been nice had it made sense for Jamie to go. Maybe if he hadn't been out right as he was heating up...ah but by-gones ARE by-gones soooo....

It should be a lonely trip for Marty.

It's a shame that no one else on the Devils 2002/2003 squad deserves a shot with the exception of Rafalski but he isn't as good as others in the NHL.

I don't agree with some of the selections that made it, like Leech.

Rafalski was supposed to go last year untill he got hurt, so perhaps there is a chance again.

Are ANY of our defensemen going to the All-Star game? I'm sorry, but if we've got the BEST DEFENSE (or is it 2nd best) in the ENTIRE NHL and we have hardly any d being represented, that's just bulls***. Maybe Leetch will be too hurt to go and Stevens can start in his place? :D I can dream....

Sandis Fooking Ozolinsh as a starting d man?? I mean, come on.. I don't mind Ozo offensively anyway but he's not exactly a great DEFENSEman.

I think that the comittee that selects the reserves does it with premeditation.

When you showcase someone like Brian in the All-Star game, it shows how someone who was never drafted and was told he didn't have the size to play the blueline in the pros proves people wrong. You paint these little stories and get people emotionally hooked and indentifying with a few players that way. Let's face it, the NHL is still trying to come up with a way to increase it's fan base (expansion has failed miserably).

I think things just happened to fall all into place last year for him. I think he'll get overlooked this year although he's trending to the top of the defensive scorer's list VERY quickly now that he's back to playing the style of hockey he did last year.

I personally think Stevens and Brian should go (Marty is a given). Stevens really opened my eyes when the Devils came in and destroyed Detroit (as did Marty) in the mid 90s and I've been a fan of the Devils ever since.

But seriously, how friggin cool is it to see one of these :)

allstar.jpg

Like Lalime and Khabi, both have won games with much more scoring output and look at the fact that Marty plays the puck so well.

We've been watching him (Marty) for so long, sometimes we take it for granted. Or rather, the League and other NHL fans just look at his W/L% and his saves.

ESB...LAME with the blocked shots reasoning for Nieds. Stevens should be there hands down if that's the way your calling it! So HA! :evil:

I wasn't giving a blocked shots reasoning.

Nieds is important on our offensive side AND on our defensive side. The way he gets back into his own zone... is amazing. He still doesn't get nearly enough credit for what he can and does do.

Are ANY of our defensemen going to the All-Star game? I'm sorry, but if we've got the BEST DEFENSE (or is it 2nd best) in the ENTIRE NHL and we have hardly any d being represented, that's just bulls***. Maybe Leetch will be too hurt to go and Stevens can start in his place? :D I can dream....

Sandis Fooking Ozolinsh as a starting d man?? I mean, come on.. I don't mind Ozo offensively anyway but he's not exactly a great DEFENSEman.

We have 85 goals against and the closes teams are Philly and Dallas with 93, so yes you're right.