GAME THREAD: NJ @ TOR 7.30pm

Weekes Head

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Devils break out for 4 or 5 tonight.  I got that feeling that this is one of those nights AlMo feels like playing.  Look for Pando and Gio to get goals too, and NJ wins it 4-2.  Devs ALWAYS school the Iggle.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We always seem to raise our game a little against better teams, so I wouldn't be surprised if that happens, and hopefully it does. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if we lost 5-2 either.

http://www.sportsline.com/nhl/gamecenter/p...20051226_NJ@TOR

STANDINGS: Devils - 35 points, 4th place, 12 PB, Atlantic Division. Maple Leafs - 39 points, 4th place, 12 PB, Northeast Division.

TEAM LEADERS: Devils - Gionta, 19 goals and 35 points; Gionta, Scott Gomez and Brian Rafalski, 16 assists; Colin White, 41 PIM. Maple Leafs - Tucker, 15 goals; McCabe, 30 assists and 42 points and 50 PIM.

SPECIAL TEAMS (through Dec. 25): Devils - Power play: 14.6 percent (32 for 220), 26th in NHL. Penalty killing: 83.3 percent (150 for 180), 10th. Maple Leafs - Power play: 20.8 percent (48 for 231), 5th. Penalty killing: 80.4 percent (181 for 225), 25th.

GOALTENDERS: Devils - Brodeur (13-12-3, 0 SO, 2.90 GAA); Scott Clemmensen (2-3-2, 3.54). Maple Leafs - Ed Belfour (14-11-2, 3.37); Mikael Tellqvist (4-3-1, 1, 2.54).

2003-04 SEASON SERIES: Tied, 1-1-2.

LAST MEETING: Feb. 28, 2004; Maple Leafs, 3-0. At Toronto, Belfour stopped 17 shots for his 71st career shutout and Toronto scored three first-period goals.

ROAD/HOME RECORDS: Devils - 6-9-2 on the road; Maple Leafs - 12-7-1 at home.

The Leafs are, at best, not much better than the Devils. This is probably the team that NJ will have to battle for the last playoff spot, so I hope the team shows up tonight.

Having said that, I won't be surprised if we're all disappointed tonight. Let's hope not though.

Let's go Devils!

I think the Leafs are almost identical to this New Jersey team, erratic, unable to score much, good goaltending but awful defense.

On the plus side, Toronto is 25th in PK. Which means after tonight, they should move up, say 10 spots? What's the over/under on that?

Toronto's power play vs. NJ PK should be interesting.

I still think a 4-2 NJ win.