Stars Get Better

HellOnICE

This pill is a tough one to swallow, I know Lou must've been interested but Phoenix probably refused to pay part of his salary. The salary would be the only think stopping him from coming here.

So I guess he'll never come home to Jersey now :evilcry:

probably time for a new avatar too, Claude gone for good.

so in the meantime, here's Courteney.

Well, so now Dallas has Claude...he won 2 cups with ya'll...and was MVP in the '95 win.

He's 37...Right winger..for a left winger...*shrugs* go figure..

Ya'll liked him when he played here I take it eh? It's somewhat of a hard pill to swallow in Dallas, not because of losing Pelle', but most of "us" just don't like the guy.

I will give him this though, he's got one he** of a play-off resume!!

Ya'll liked him when he played here I take it eh? It's somewhat of a hard pill to swallow in Dallas, not because of losing Pelle', but most of "us" just don't like the guy.

I will give him this though, he's got one he** of a play-off resume!!

If he lives up to his playoff reputation, you'll learn to love him.

You guys didn't like Arnott either right?

Probably, at some point. :)

Claude was very popular here in New Jersey during his short, but effective, stints in the swamp. We've never won a cup without him, so there's a certain... mystique surrounding him.

The Rich get Richer. I thought his main motivation for signing with the Yotes was because of a no trade clause and a guaranteed front office position when he retires. I guess old Pep was willing to waive it all for a shot at a fifth Cup. Make no doubt about it folks, Claude may be old, but he will do something big in this years playoffs, as he always does.

Great addition by the Stars. I don't see how anybody could possibly beat them in a seven game series if they play to their potential, as they look even stronger on paper than last years Wings. Maybe they could use a little blueline help at the deadline, but they boast some scary forwards.

I really never expected Claude to be traded again. Still my all-time favorite Devil.

Holy Schnikey! (in my best John Buccigross voice)

Pepe Lemieux a Dallas Star?!?!?! Well, I'm like Zen - I've never liked the guy either, and I'm not sure why. I don't think he has any particular history with the Stars, except the usual playoff annoyance. But I don't doubt that the Stars can use a guy like him. This will be interesting. Is he the kind of guy that's well liked in "the room" or does he annoy his teammates, too? :)

Here's one Stars fan's opinion, from a Stars board (and no, it's not me)

Personally, I'm hoping we got him to flip him back to Lou to get Joe back.

So maybe there's hope for those who want him back in NJ!

Holy Schnikey! (in my best John Buccigross voice)

Pepe Lemieux a Dallas Star?!?!?! Well, I'm like Zen - I've never liked the guy either, and I'm not sure why. I don't think he has any particular history with the Stars, except the usual playoff annoyance. But I don't doubt that the Stars can use a guy like him. This will be interesting. Is he the kind of guy that's well liked in "the room" or does he annoy his teammates, too? :)

Pepe is very well liked by his teammates and is a great guy to have in the lockeroom. Many Devils as well as Larry Robinson have gone on record stating if he was still around in 2001, the team would have repeated. His leadership come playoff time is second to none.

All I know is that when he was here we won (and should have won in 94), he left, we didn't get past the 2d round. He came bcak, we won. he left again and its been all downhill. (plus his other two cups) Some people just bring intangibles to whatever sport they're in. He's one of those guys.

If we're gonna have an over-the-hill, over paid, underperformer, I'd much rather have him than Niewy.

If we're gonna have an over-the-hill, over paid, underperformer, I'd much rather have him than Niewy.

I understand that, because of what Lemieux has done for the Devils in the past. So you can understand why Stars fans love Nieuwy - he did the same thing for them.

Most of the posts on the Stars board are along the line of "don't like him, but let's see what he can do for us". Some just really don't want him on the team at all. Some are all for him, don't care about his reputation as a bad boy. But considering they only had to give up Pellerin & a pick, it was probably a no brainer unless he causes problems in the room. Apparently, somewhere along the way he has picked up the reputation of being a "cancer". I don't know enough about him to know where that's coming from.

Jeez, I'm not saying this to get everyone pissed but SCREW CLOD :P . Can't we just get over the past already???? This team does not need to rely on Claude to win a Cup, and if they do, then they aren't that great a team after all, eh? Besides, I'm with Has, I don't think Claude did all *that* much in 2000 and still feel that fans give him TOO much credit at times.

Dallas can enjoy him and all ;) , but it'd be nice if NJ fans looked forward to what the CURRENT roster can do rather than think of how we need Claude to ever do ANYthing.