GAME THREAD: Senators @ Devils 7:30pm

overtime98

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ottawa, unsurprisingly, is a group of gutless thugs. It's amazing how after Yashin leaves, the team can still be gutless - yet with cheap shotter Alfredsson as a captain and Zdeno 'Elbows' Chara as an assistant, with Chris Neil and Vaclav Varada on the roster, it should be no surprise. McGrattan is also completely gutless, taking on Patrik Elias - why not drop the mitts with Paul Martin or Tommy Albelin while you're at it?

I hate the Senators. I hate Spezza, who's a dandified finesse player, and I loved the fact that he coughed it up to Madden for that 3rd goal. Varada, Dominik Hasek, the list goes on.

Great win for the Devils. Man, I hope these Senators get trounced in the first round by some non-Toronto team.

Weeeeeeee...... that was awesome. You know, for me, there are very, very few things I can think of better than enjoying a Devils win over Ottawa. *ponders wearing his Devils polo shirt to work tomorrow*

They really played well given that they were playing Ottawa. The beginning of the 2nd and end of the 3rd were ugly, but Marty came up huge when we needed him to. I didn't expect to dominate the whole night.

Good work. Who called the game for TSN? Chris Cuthbert or Gord Miller

It was Gord and Pierre ( :clap: ). I bet Chris has the late game (Flames vs Blue Jackets)

Edited by Don

I'll be listening to The Team ( http://www.team1200.com/listen-live/index.asp ) for the next hour. Should be good to listen to the post game show. :)

Right now they're ragging on Brylin for the anti-Lou comments. :rolleyes:

For anyone interested in the Sens post game show, which usually runs for two hours after the game and should be some interesting talk click the link below.

http://team1200.com/home/index.asp

Great mind or fools? :P

I have to say I'm impressed with White after sticking up for Elias...we didn't have enough of that earlier in season...no one stuck up for anyone else...also it was nice to see other lines produce when a team is slowing the EGG line...and i'm completely convinced Madden believes he is a defenseman...I mean I know his role but even when the opportunity arises he doesn't realize it...like he did when he had the puck behind the net...he went around had a chance to throw it to the net and took it all the way back to the blue line only to lose it trying a poke pass to our D...horrible :) of course when he does shoot it goes wide :P...hehehe..anyway a solid win against a top team so lets get some momentum going into the Olympic break!!