GAME THREAD: Senators @ Devils 7:30pm

overtime98

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys cant even understand how wonderful of a game it was unless you were sitting where I was and got to see the little boy in front of me throw up a huge pile of puke all over the place....

BLEH...ruined my whole night.. mind you.. in my school there has beena stomach thing going around for 3 weeks..at elast 1 puker a day in the building..and today was nmo exception...

i feel so sick to my stomach.

But anyhow..besides that... WTG Devils!!!!

i get the feeling that the sens cut out newspaper articles talking about how great they are and post them all over their lockerroom. its that overconfidence that caused them to lose in 03. they act like winning is owed to them.

- ottawa had a ton of defensive breakdowns, the devils could've easily had a few more goals. it was actually pretty surprising. tampa never gave the devils the sort of chances they were getting tonight.

- the 2nd line actually looked feasable both even strength and on the power play.

just got back. the team's effort didn't deserve the fans lack of interest. while it was the usual 11k in the seats, there was ZERO energy. cheers after the goals, of course, but they lasted literally about 10 seconds after the puck was dropped to resume play. otherwise, the place was silent as a morgue except for a few hits and gionta/chara clashes. the devils penalty kill was excellent tonight and marty made some very tough saves.

kozlov was benched TWICE in this game. i'm usually a fan of viktor's but tonight i would've assumed he had the flu or something. he played at 1/5 speed, got bumped off the puck constantly, and made the wrong play every time he touched the puck (which wasn't much).

you could tell that the devils wanted to put janssen back out there, but they were afraid of waking the sleeping giant (kinda like what happened vs. st. louis). i would've done it anyway and had him take on mcgratton. the sens, for all their offensive talent, will not go far in the playoffs. They're great on open ice, but against the boards, they're small and weak. i honestly believe that they would not beat Carolina, Philly, Buffalo, or NJ in a seven game series as they're presently constituted.

Thanks for the pics nj96! I can't wait for my new avatar to show up, it is Brylin beating Hasek!

No problem. I guess that's the AP photos because they rotate the new ones coming in and the older ones get pushed back.

Great game tonight. Brylin looked like a man possessed tonight. I thought he had the most jump out of all the Devils' forwards. Maybe he's trying to get back in Lou's good graces after the whole newpaper thing (intentional or not). The sens were taking runs at Elias all night. I would've loved for Janssen to get his game going, but it seems like the coaches don't have the confidence in that line that they used to have in our bangers. I'd like to see a healthy Rass and Tallackson go out there and just cause havoc!

-Dan

Got back also...

Loved it at the minal minutes of the game...mcgratton wanted to go after elias and them two were going after it when he went after elias near the bench...whitey just flipped him over the boards in the dev's bench..PRICELESS!! Or when gionta was swinging away at chara!!

Just got back -got my tixxs tonite thanks to a benefactor... and they were rewarded by a win ! and a goal ( :rolleyes:) from their fave.

I agree about the energy in the place zilch -I mean we scored 3 in the first, can we get excited please? Far from the Marty/Hasek duels of yesterday... I thought Ottowa took it to them all night and we were fortunate to be up by 3 - It was great to hear the crazies give to Hasek all night and to see him go nuts after that penalty -priceless ! I did not however like the way the Sens pushed the Egg around... when your top line is in the penalty box / dressing room during a pp - then something is not right. Overall an exciting win though you wouldnt know it by the silence at CAA.

you could tell that the devils wanted to put janssen back out there, but they were afraid of waking the sleeping giant (kinda like what happened vs. st. louis). i would've done it anyway and had him take on mcgratton. the sens, for all their offensive talent, will not go far in the playoffs. They're great on open ice, but against the boards, they're small and weak. i honestly believe that they would not beat Carolina, Philly, Buffalo, or NJ in a seven game series as they're presently constituted.

I would have done it at 5-2 after the early third-period goal. At 3-0 I was like no don't do it but at 3-2 I wanted a rumble, especially after the whole pansy picking on a recovering Elias incident. Although he was in the box immediately after that so no fight was possible at that point.

And yeah I noticed the lack of zest from the crowd, even Zach during the first intermission noticed, saying how the goal took the crowd out of the game and this and that. I guess everyone's too over-anxious for Friday.

Edited by Hasan4978

Ottawa, unsurprisingly, is a group of gutless thugs. It's amazing how after Yashin leaves, the team can still be gutless - yet with cheap shotter Alfredsson as a captain and Zdeno 'Elbows' Chara as an assistant, with Chris Neil and Vaclav Varada on the roster, it should be no surprise. McGrattan is also completely gutless, taking on Patrik Elias - why not drop the mitts with Paul Martin or Tommy Albelin while you're at it?

I hate the Senators. I hate Spezza, who's a dandified finesse player, and I loved the fact that he coughed it up to Madden for that 3rd goal. Varada, Dominik Hasek, the list goes on.

Great win for the Devils. Man, I hope these Senators get trounced in the first round by some non-Toronto team.

Great point about chara Tri, he's a great D-man, but boy is he a chicken $hit, he boards "baby G" and then elbows all the shorter guys? I know he is 6'9", but he should grow some and hit guys who are over 6?

ps a message to El grande:-

El Diablo, Brian Gionta will now be known as "Baby G" not "little G" My wife's first name begins with G, and she is, shall we say "vertically challenged"

I miissed the game tonight and i was just gonna watch ther rebroadcaast..but now I knwo who wins,.,,.Thanks Alot everyone... :ph34r: LMao!!

I have a feeling Gomez is negotiating a new contract. I was told that Scott's dad is in New Jersey. That means a few things 1. He's visiting which doesn't make sense because apparently he's going to the olympics which I think is about a week or so away. The reason I thought this was because from here to Newark (not sure what is closer) is about a 10 hour flight and if I remember correctly the flight from here to Italy is I think a 22 hour flight. so instead of flying for the whole day it would be easier to fly to Jersey a few days early and then take off to Italy. 2 Negociating a contract I know Carlos will be back on Sunday and I believe at the end of the year (it is here is the site http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/nhl/...ls-gomez_x.htm). I know sometimes it takes time to negociate but sometimes they are worked out fast. So I could be reading too much into this but I don't think so because the olympics are so close and the flight so long that I think they are atleast talking about a contract.

I think the lack of crowd energy was due to the collective holding of breaths. Because of the bad start and the last 2 games, everyone probably felt like I did: Waiting for the other shoe to drop. And I'm sure they did when the Sens scored twice. This game was a hell of a lot bigger to us fans than it was to either team.

just got back. the team's effort didn't deserve the fans lack of interest. while it was the usual 11k in the seats, there was ZERO energy. cheers after the goals, of course, but they lasted literally about 10 seconds after the puck was dropped to resume play. otherwise, the place was silent as a morgue except for a few hits and gionta/chara clashes. the devils penalty kill was excellent tonight and marty made some very tough saves.

kozlov was benched TWICE in this game. i'm usually a fan of viktor's but tonight i would've assumed he had the flu or something. he played at 1/5 speed, got bumped off the puck constantly, and made the wrong play every time he touched the puck (which wasn't much).

Exactly how I saw it. The fans in my section kept looking at me kinda annoyed like when I made noise.

Great game last night. Wish there were more fans there.

" HEY HEATLEY YOU MISS THE NET LIKE YOU MISSED THE ROAD!" ...........after a 3rd period shot that missed the net.

Pandolfo cant hit the side of barn.

I like to see Gomez and Elias mixing it up.