Love the Excuses

PaDevsFan

It is amazing to me, but whenever the Devils beat the Flyers all of a sudden the clutching , grabbing, trapping, Devils are back. I love the excuses. really it has nothing to do with the Devils speedy forwards outworking their tired old defense. Or their Goalie or Goalies who dont make the huge saves when necessary. It is all about the trap. I mean really guys give it a break. Why is it that the Flyers are getting called for holding the stick, or interference and the Devils arent?????? Maybe just maybe its because the Cryers fans are looking for excuses as to why their team was beaten not 1 time, not 2 times but 3 times during this 10 game streak and by a combined margin of like 13 - 3???? Yeah its all because of the obstuction LOL. Really guys keep thinking that way. I am sure the Sens or the HUrricanes or the Sabres boards are saying the same thing or even the Rangers since we beat all of the top seeds in the East during this stretch!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point sammy, another excuse. Now we will also hear about how if only Forsberg would have played!!!! That will be next lol

The worst thing about that excuse is that they couldn't win in the "old" NHL either. They couldn't win in the pre-Bettman NHL either as well! So whose fault is it really? :doh1:

It all comes down to Forsberg really, yesterday he was in the lineup and they smoked the Rangers. But back to backs with no Forsberg and they're doomed.

Look at the Flyers lineup, without Peter there is absolutely nobody who can be a setup man. Nedved used to be but he's not anymore.

Edited by '7'

Some of the other messages are hilarious. You've got to read the second comment in this forum.

http://www.flyersphans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60454

Edited by Anhkheg

7 while I agree Forsberg is an immense talent, the fact is yes they beat the Rangers with him yesterday, but the Rangers have been sliding the last week or so, and really if Peter would have played or not the Devils forecheck was so good in the 2 games against the Cryers it wouldnt have made a difference. The Cryers defense is SLOW and they cannot match the speed of our forwards right now. Yes Forsberg is a super player, but he would not have given the Flyers the win today or THursday. IN my opinion anyway.

I am sure the Sens or the HUrricanes or the Sabres boards are saying the same thing or even the Rangers since we beat all of the top seeds in the East during this stretch!!!

I don't know about the Sens or the Hurricanes boards but Ranger fans do say that the Devils are clutching and grabbing (although not hooking) and that it isn't getting called. Go over to Hockeybird.com or Hockeyrodent.com and you will see it. We are, once again, everything that is wrong with hockey and the Rangers are, for the most part, the innocent victims of the lousy officials. Although the Rodent himself thought the Ranger game against NJ was better officiated than some others the Rangers have lost lately.

Some interesting feedback from Hurricanes players (not the coach, who complained about the officiating), but the players was that the last game against NJ was one of the toughest they played all year, if not the toughest, just in terms of pure hockey.

"No one can beat the devils if they allow the stick checking, hooking, and holding."

See I love this comment. and it was their defense men getting penalties for holding the stick!!! And even their homer announcers agreeing that it was a dumb play by Pitkinen (spelling) Som come on Cryers fans face it today and Friday the Devils out skated and out hustled your Flyers. Does that mean it is a given in the playoffs no, but stop with the EXCUSES PLEASE!!!

It all comes down to Forsberg really, yesterday he was in the lineup and they smoked the Rangers. But back to backs with no Forsberg and they're doomed.

Look at the Flyers lineup, without Peter there is absolutely nobody who can be a setup man. Nedved used to be but he's not anymore.

And Weekes was in net

weekes in net, wasn't even the major issue in that game. the rags just got dominated, even when forseberg wasn't on the ice. the umberger-dimi-carter line was their best line, which it has been for the past 2 weeks or so. the other lines have been inconsistent and lakced chemistry.

the flyers have just been a criminally inconsistent team for hte past few weeks in general.

it was a dumb desicion to start esche anyways after niity owned the rags.

for the most part i watch all flyers games, but the past few days(save the rags game i went to) i've watched mostly sharks, nucks, and thrash in lieu of flyers. and watching those games i do notice how much less clutching and grabbing have been called now then before. There were so many times in the sharks nucks home and home that thornton was blatantly tackled and grabbed, mostly by the sedins, and there was no call.

i'm not saying the flyers fans are neccessarily right in all aspects, but it does seem as the playoffs come around less and less is being called...just a thought

I'm as happy as anyone that the Devils blasted the Flyers today... but they did go up against a team without its top forward, who's one of the greatest in the game. When he's on the ice, the team is totally different.

That's why I don't want to play the Flyers in the first round... if we face them later, it's more likely that Forsberg won't be 100%. Granted, he's not 100% now, but still.

Perhaps Clarke will come up with an even newer rule to use against Brodeur?

NHL Rule: No goalie shall start more than 50 regular season games in a season. :P

Also: Goaltenders are no longer allowed to use sticks. In addition, they are only allowed to stop the puck with their left arm. If they stop the puck with any other part of their body, it's a 2 minute penalty for delay of game. :D

for the most part i watch all flyers games, but the past few days(save the rags game i went to) i've watched mostly sharks, nucks, and thrash in lieu of flyers. and watching those games i do notice how much less clutching and grabbing have been called now then before. There were so many times in the sharks nucks home and home that thornton was blatantly tackled and grabbed, mostly by the sedins, and there was no call.

i'm not saying the flyers fans are neccessarily right in all aspects, but it does seem as the playoffs come around less and less is being called...just a thought

If it is a league-wide trend, why is it that NJ is the team that is being accused of it? Because they are the only team I have actually seen accused of it until your post. All other teams except NJ are innocent, according to the posts I have seen, the Devils are once again ruining hockey, and the refs are in some kind of a conspiracy to allow NJ, and only NJ, to get away with it.

Also: Goaltenders are no longer allowed to use sticks. In addition, they are only allowed to stop the puck with their left arm. If they stop the puck with any other part of their body, it's a 2 minute penalty for delay of game. :D

He can ask for all the rule changes he wants and Marty will still come out on top. :giggle:

If it is a league-wide trend, why is it that NJ is the team that is being accused of it? Because they are the only team I have actually seen accused of it until your post. All other teams except NJ are innocent, according to the posts I have seen, the Devils are once again ruining hockey, and the refs are in some kind of a conspiracy to allow NJ, and only NJ, to get away with it.

This is because once you have a stereotype attached, it's hard to get rid of. The people who post this sh!t are just bitter fans of teams that just lost to us. The problem is when they watch these games, instead of actually paying attention, they see their team getting torched by the Devils, and they revert back to "Oh, the Devils are beating us- it CAN'T be because they're better than us. No, they're clutching and grabbing". These people are generally the first ones to make excuses for everything they do in life. Nothing is ever their fault. Nothing is ever their team's fault either. Just ignore it, and consider the source when a moron like that posts this lame, redundant garbage.

He can ask for all the rule changes he wants and Marty will still come out on top. :giggle:

Oh- and they can't wear ice hockey skates anymore either. They have to play with roller blades. And the roller blades have to be at least 2 sizes too small.

there was a game in anaheim vs. edmonton were clutching and grabbing was crazy as well. it was where hemsky scored that crap goal to win 2-1.

but yes there is just an absolutely stupid stereotype against the devs.

the stat about brodeur facing over 30 shots during the devs 9 game winning streak and having a 93 percent save percentage goes quitely unnoticed.

it's sad, but true.