A thought

Derek21

i think a lot of the rangers early success occured when the league was in the "adjustment period" to the new rules. players with skills jagr, strake, rucinsky, nylander were feasting on the choas. Prucha and lundquist were hot rookies as well.

then teams learned how to play with in the rules, and things were not as free wheeling and insane.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Derek this is a young team... for this team my personal bench amrk will be how they handle the off season as an organization. If they can stay this course then they'll be fine. I know we want it to be -- but good hockey isn't instant gratification.

I'm not saying you shouldnt' feel disappointed - man, you're human and the team really is that close... Were i a ranger fan I'd be pretty content - grumpy at the outcome... but I'd be so releived the team was on teh way back and I'd be hoping against hope they wouldnt' suddenly say "Well THAT tack didn't work" and go back to some other stupid way. Be proud - and remember it's really not over yet -

as for the Devils -- I'm just holding my tongue - it's not the time to share my observations.

as for the Devils -- I'm just holding my tongue - it's not the time to share my observations.

Oh come on, PK! Fire away!

By the way, I wouldn't yet assume that the Rangers are "on the way back." Lundqvist is a good start but they simply have to develop more players. Guys like Immonen and Staal have to pan out. If they truly are on the way back, I can see them taking a step backward next year before taking a step forward.

Eh you can call it pride, I call it arrogance. <_<

Every fanbase is arrogant in some way. :P

Anyway, I am happy to just be in the Playoffs win or lose. And Rangers fans, at least me, don't think we "Deserve" The Cup every year. I do take great pride in being a Rangers fan, so if you think that's "arrogance" then that's your choice.

Also, Derek isn't "Complaining" or "Crying". He's expressing his thoughts. Isn't that what these boards are for? At least hell. To the person who arrogantly said "Go cry on the Rangers board.", well, that's what the "Hell" part of this board is for. All fans of different teams to discuss whatever's on their mind. If you want to read a "Devils only" board, then the "Heaven" part of this board is one click away.

I don't really express my thoughts or complain about anything. I'm more laid back and have a "Wait and see" attitude.

Anyway, Derek's point is that it doesn't even feel like the Rangers made the playoffs. What's so hard to understand about that? When's the last time the Devils got embarassed or in the Playoffs for that matter?

His point is that you guy's win cups and are in the playoffs every year or are a playoff contender every year, and the one year our team makes the Playoffs, it doesn't even feel like they did. Anything that goes wrong usually does.

Anyway, WE WILL be there on Saturday still to root our team on and we plan on giving them a standing ovation, if/when they lose.

I'll be here again to congratulate you guy's and to enjoy the second round. In the mean time, enjoy Saturday's game!!! :)

Derek, considering that most preseason polls had the Rangers finishing dead last in whole LEAGUE, let alone their division, I think you have to try to take as many positives out of this season as you can.

1) The Rangers now have a motivated and (until Game 1 of this series) healthy Jaromir Jagr. He's reminded everyone that, when he's into it and not sulking or brooding, he can still play at a level that few other NHL players can touch.

2) They also have some youth to build around in Petr Prucha and Henrik Lundqvist. And they have some talent in Hartford (Staal among others) who could soon be making an impact.

What this losing streak proves is, despite the rash of injuries, this team still needs some off-season tinkering. Ozolinsh should never, ever wear a Ranger jersey again...what the fvck happened to this guy?! I have to admit, I still don't think Sather's the guy to lead them to the promised land...but once the Dolans fall in love with a guy, he apparently gets to keep his job for life, regardless of the results (see Thomas, Isaiah!).

Obviously, as a Ranger fan it was probably tough for you to see them playing so well earlier in the season, only to witness this collapse. But that's not uncommon for teams on the rise who haven't quite arrived yet. They'll learn from this, and with any luck, they'll improve next season. That includes Renney.

So enjoy what may or may not be their last game of the season this Saturday and try to see the glass as half-full.

I completely understand your frustration Derek, believe me evne myself felt bad for you last night as the Rangers provided a listless performance and the Devils took the Rangers right out of the game. And yes of course enduring 7 years of missing the playoffs in the NHL is something even myself as a Sabres fan has not seen (longest drought for the Sabres ever is 3 years).....

But allow me to bring up some other teams and some other points to make you feel a little better about the "pain and $uffering" of being a New York Rangers fan.

First off:

1. Chicago Blackhawks- What is to say about this sad franchise...when is the last time this team mattered??? heck, their own fans cannot even watch their games on TV at HOME....when is the last time this team won a Stanley Cup???? Pitiful franchose at this point

2. Boston Bruins- Yes, long years of making the playoffs, but man those days are over. looked promising going into this season, then they trade Joe Thornton and he might win the Hart. Harry Sinden is cheap, this franchise is spinning on its heels, and has been for quite some time.

3. Buffalo Sabres- We have been through this a number of times....so is it really necessary to note some things? Actually yeah, it is!!: Losing to the FINALS to the Cryers....When I became a Sabres fan in 1982, took me 11 years to see this team get INTO the 2nd round of the playoffs....once they did get to that 2nd round matchup...they lost in 4 to the habs...all the games they lose 4-3...and 3 of those losses were in OT... and Mogilny broke his leg....good run late 90's...spolied by No Goal....then No Goal II....then Hasek forces a deal out of town....Sabres owner John Riga$ runs team into ground, goes bankrupt, gets arrested....there is more, but I am not gonna bore you...

Here is another statement of fact why in some ways it IS better to be a Rangers fan then let's say a Sabres fan:

The Rangers MATTER to the NHL world...let's be fair here Derek, look through comments on chat boards other then Buffalo about the Flyers series...and so many focus on Flyers don't do this...Flyers don't do that....Sabres just are not thought of as a crown jewel franchise if you will...not that many really care about teams like Buffalo (just stating facts here).....even if the Rangers just MAKE the playoffs...they get the better coverage...they get the national games...they get the spotlight...Sabres get the spotlight when the media decides to make fun of Buffalo because of snow, or to make fun of the bankrupt season....point at the so called attendence problems the Sabres had (which is WAY overblown and is garbage)....OR they get the spotlight if they go VERY deep in the playoffs.....

And you have seen your team hoist the Stanley Cup, something I SOOOOO want to see, just once, that is why I am an avid fan....I yearn for that day (if it ever happens) that the Sabres will be the Stanley Cup Champions...

Feel better?? :boogie::boogie:

P.S. Let's not even get into the Bills... :rofl:

Edited by LOTCB

Very solid comparison.

The Mets??? :doh1:

They are in 1st now, went to the series in 2000, had some great years within the last 20 years and won a World Series. Try being an Royals, Indians or Cubs fan and then get back to me :lol::lol::lol:

T.O. choke slams Drew after 3 INT, 7 sack performance!! :rofl::rofl:

won't happen cause I'll leave Jersey and beat him in the back of a knee with a club LONG before then :P

even more so cause the 3 INTs went off TO's worthless fingers :P

Also, Derek isn't "Complaining" or "Crying". He's expressing his thoughts. Isn't that what these boards are for? At least hell. To the person who arrogantly said "Go cry on the Rangers board.", well, that's what the "Hell" part of this board is for. All fans of different teams to discuss whatever's on their mind. If you want to read a "Devils only" board, then the "Heaven" part of this board is one click away.

Derek, take this clown with you.

Christ 94, could your sig get any bigger?

Edited by Cowutopia

Derek, take this clown with you.

Christ 94, could your sig get any bigger?

I'm not going anywhere. I'm not here to cause trouble at all. I've been nothing but polite to the people here. So deal with it. I think some of the posters here that have come to know me like LOTCB, MadDog or Crasher could tell you the kind of person I am.

Complaining about my signature? What's the matter? Didn't like what I said to you cause you know it's true?

Like I said, if you don't or didn't like what Derek said, why even bother responding?

Maybe YOU should go.

But hey, keep acting arrogant. I could care less.

I'm not going anywhere. I'm not here to cause trouble at all. I've been nothing but polite to the people here. So deal with it. I think some of the posters here that have come to know me like LOTCB, MadDog or Crasher could tell you the kind of person I am.

I'm glad you made internet friends, but I really don't care what they think of you.

Complaining about my signature? What's the matter? Didn't like what I said to you cause you know it's true?

No man, your sig is a full screen big. Totally unnecessary.

Like I said, if you don't or didn't like what Derek said, why even bother responding?

I don't understand why you're looking for sympathy here when you could find welcoming arms in your own forums.

But hey, keep acting arrogant. I could care less.

1. Arrogant - Having or displaying a sense of overbearing self-worth or self-importance.

There are probably some better words to use here. Mean, churlish, rude, snide, callous, unconcerned, uninterested, untouched. If you want to use arrogant in a sentence, try this one: "Derek's original post is very arrogant."

I'm sure you're a great guy, I don't hold being a Ranger fan against anyone after I leave the bar/arena. I just don't understand what you expect to accomplish in crying about the Rangers here. Why not cry on the Red Sox forums? They surely have some optimism to lend in light of the most recent World Series. Gems like "Hang in there, slugger," or "Keep on truckin'." All I've got for you is "shut the hell up."

Seriously though, just tell me why you decided to make friends here instead of the Rangers forums? I don't get it.

Hey I like his sig cause it's proabably an actual description of a WWE meeting once about a title unifcation match :lol:

and my sig is just as absurdly long

One good thing about this board is the troll ranger fans kinda ran away with the 6-1 pounding in game 1 :evil:

Not for nothing, if there are any problems with length of signatures etc. the admins will advise the offending poster. If you have a problem with a poster send an admin a pm. They will handle it though maybe not to your satisfaction. You can ignore a poster either physically or using the ignore button. Posters shouldn't be telling other posters to leave, that's an admin function.

Edited by Rock

Seriously though, just tell me why you decided to make friends here instead of the Rangers forums? I don't get it.

I signed up because my brother and one of his friends posts or has been posting on here for awhile now. I'm just here to talk Hockey. That's all. I also like this board. There's lots of nice Knowledgable people on here too.

I don't have a problem with you or if you're gonna disagree with me on something. I was just trying to tell you what Derek felt in his post.

I'm not here to argue, so I hope we could move on from this mis-understanding.

Enjoy Game 4!!!

94' and Derek are a couple unbiased, classy fans and I hope they stay, personally, because it's good to have intelligent discussion with the enemy. :evil:

I definitly agree with that. I also think that having them here keeps me a little less biased towards the Devils, and more realistic with my views on hockey. Plus they know a lot of stuff so it does help my knowledge grow.