Carolina's Arena & their Fans

Satans Hockey

I drove down for the game and I have to say I have been to almost every arena in the league and I have seen the Devils lose playoff games in away teams buildings many times before and by far Carolina is the worst. There is one road that leads to the arena so you have to sit in traffic to get in and out of it. The fans stand almost the whole game because they are to stupid to realize that they are not at a Nascar event. I thought the Reading Royals had the worst o0o0o and ohhhhh fans but the Hurricanes fans are the worst when it comes to that. Whoever was running the scoreboard has no class either, after every call the refs made against the Canes they would put up the refs and linesmens names and than put the camera on them so the crowd could boo. This team has no class. fvck Carolina's players, fans, management, and arena, and fvck this town too it sucks. I can't wait to leave tomorrow morning.

LETS GO BUFFALO!!! Sabres in 5, they are going to sh!t all over the Divers.

Edited by Satans Child

I drove down for the game and I have to say I have been to almost every arena in the league and I have seen the Devils lose playoff games in away teams buildings many times before and by far Carolina is the worst. There is one road that leads to the arena so you have to sit in traffic to get in and out of it. The fans stand almost the whole game because they are to stupid to realize that they are not at a Nascar event. I thought the Reading Royals had the worst o0o0o and ohhhhh fans but the Hurricanes fans are the worst when it comes to that. Whoever was running the scoreboard has no class either, after every call the refs made against the Canes they would put up the refs and linesmens names and than put the camera on them so the crowd could boo. This team has no class. fvck Carolina's players, fans, management, and arena, and fvck this town too it sucks. I can't wait to leave tomorrow morning.

Those morons have to be the least educated fans in the league too (no surprise there). If a Carolina player slipped and fell, they were crying for a penalty. They were driving me nuts all game. Just shut the fvck up.

haha i thought your mentioning of the reading royals is funny because i go to school at albright college which is in reading PA... ive been to quite a few royals games this year. they are very fun... its loud as hell there too

Hey, give the Canes fans credit: they were loud, and they came out and supported the team.

That said: the bitching and moaning about every single penalty is a complete embarassment. Especially when you're rooting for the Hookacanes.

<JESTER>

I'll credit them for the support of their team and the noise, but they still don't know a puck from a frog's a$$hole.

I'll credit them for the support of their team and the noise, but they still don't know a puck from a frog's a$$hole.

Not only Carolina fans, you can add Tampa Bay fans, Nashville fans, Thrashers fans. In the West it's Kings and Ducks fans :hah:

Your quote will be in my sig, unless you object?

Edited by Neutral Zone Trap

I wish more arenas would do the refs name thing. If you miss when they are announced before the game you never know who the ref is unless you know their numbers. The NHL needs to go back to refs having their names on their jerseys.

I thought they are listed in the program?

yeah, I was there as well. let me tell you there are a lot of ignorant fans there. They were all calling for a penalty when ralfy flipped the puck out while in the offensive zone. :argh:

I was also annoyed by the video people puting the refs names up on the board and such.

I was down there for games 3&4 in 2001 and have to agree, they are the stupidest fans on the planet. The "Ref you suck" chant is classic idiocy. Aren't there 2 refs? Quite honestly, I didn't think that place was all too loud tonight except when they scored, when they were booing the refs, and at the end of course. When they were killing all our power plays they barely cheered when they cleared the puck. They put definitions of common terms on the scoreboard during stoppages as well as in the newspaper. Those people and the media down there only care about them when they're winning. I love how everyone falls for the decibel level in the arena and mistakes it for them having die-hard fans. In 2001 there were 13,000 people there for those playoff games and they threw garbage on the ice after Stevens leveled Francis causing a long delay. They apparently lied about the game 1 attendance because my friend drove down there for that and said there were whole sections empty upstairs and sections half empty downstairs. I only hope Buffalo totally smokes them and all those mental midgets down there jump right off the bandwagon. You'll see crowds of 9,000 there next October. Oh yeah, and from what Vanderbeek says about the new arena, it is going to be designed to be the loudest in the NHL. If it is, you think anyone in the media will mention it, or will they focus on the fact that we're 200 shy of a sellout for a playoff game?

All this is funny to me. I live in NC, you know, so the only games I get to watch are Panes games. JUst yesterday my brother was bragging about the Canes fans making a name for themselves in the NHL. He said they were the loudest house in the NHL, they tailgate before games, they have cheerleaders.... :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah: He said when the Panes played Montreal and there were a few fans there they were telling the media that the place was awesome in comparison to home. :blahblah:

I told him that I hated to burst his bubble, but the only name they were making for themselves was redneck and ignorant.

Man I can't wait til next year...my husband promised me a trip to NJ to go to a Devils game at CAA.

I was their too, so I can attest to this. They cry for penalities during the entire game. People in front of me were standing so we had to stand, well the idoits behind us were throwing temper tantrums, yelling at us to sit. Just stupid. Old bag sounded like she had one foot in the grave from all the cigerettes smoked in her lifetime. Had some good conversations with some fans after the game but, even they were embarressed for their fans.

Next time we play we need to bring several bus loads down. Their are seats to be had. I heard some were being sold for 5 bucks because everyone their already had their tickets. I would love to get a Lets Go De-Vils chant going there. Maybe we can use the forum to schedule a weekend trip to show these clowns that devil fans are superior. Talking to one canes fan and they hate wings fans because their is a bigger showing of wings fans at the carolina games.

Not only Carolina fans, you can add Tampa Bay fans, Nashville fans, Thrashers fans. In the West it's Kings and Ducks fans :hah:

Tampa fans are pretty knowlegeable, they have a great arena, and a lot of excitement following winning the Cup. I saw us lose in OT there this year, followed by a loss at Florida the next day. Rough trip. Florida fans don't even care about the Panthers, the stadium is more cavernous than the Meadowlands.

Next time we play we need to bring several bus loads down. Their are seats to be had. I heard some were being sold for 5 bucks because everyone their already had their tickets. I would love to get a Lets Go De-Vils chant going there. Maybe we can use the forum to schedule a weekend trip to show these clowns that devil fans are superior. Talking to one canes fan and they hate wings fans because their is a bigger showing of wings fans at the carolina games.

This would be a dream come true....please make this a reality. I will do anything you guys need on this end (NC) to make this happen next year.

All this is funny to me. I live in NC, you know, so the only games I get to watch are Panes games. JUst yesterday my brother was bragging about the Canes fans making a name for themselves in the NHL. He said they were the loudest house in the NHL, they tailgate before games, they have cheerleaders.... :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah: He said when the Panes played Montreal and there were a few fans there they were telling the media that the place was awesome in comparison to home. :blahblah:

I told him that I hated to burst his bubble, but the only name they were making for themselves was redneck and ignorant.

Man I can't wait til next year...my husband promised me a trip to NJ to go to a Devils game at CAA.

I think Edmonton has awesome fans, the place was rocking during game 4 ;)