The New Isles Gm: Garth Snow???

Devilsdude530

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our former backup goalie is an assistant coach for our farm team. A lot different then GM but heh, I don't see what his position when he played has much to do with it. Tons of GM's never even play hockey.

Sure, but if I woke up tomarrow and Clemmer was running the Devils, I'd open a case of Pabst, play NHL 97 until I passed out, and hope to Jesus it was all an awful dream.

<JESTER>

It's one thing for Terrari to start as the goalie coach for the minor league team. It's not like he started as the goalie coach for the NHL team. Or the head coach for the Devils. And you notice, when MacLean started, he was an assistant coach with NJ but he wasn't behind the bench. He worked with the team in practice and kept an eye on things from up above, reviewed tape. It was in his second year that he moved behind the bench, I believe. He got responsibility slowly

Snow went from the goal crease to the GM office. Not even as an assistant to the GM, although that may be what he really is, since I bet he won't actually get to make any decisions, it will be Mad Mike, Nolan and Wang. But he has the title and he'll get blamed for everything.

WTF is going on there??? It's some bizarro world I don't recognize. It's like, well, when Spano bought the team and he turned out to have no money. He probably had less in assets than I do. What else can happen to that team????

Sure, but if I woke up tomarrow and Clemmer was running the Devils, I'd open a case of Pabst, play NHL 97 until I passed out, and hope to Jesus it was all an awful dream.

<JESTER>

Thank you. That's exactly right. But does it have to be Pabst???

<JESTER>

Then you'd probably wake up and become a Flyers fan.

I heard the isles are bringing back demolition derby night and even dollar night... all the minor league baseball favorites.

What a disaster this is. I heard Smith and Nolan were at odds and Wang fired Smith.

The kicker is - Snow's 750 K players salary will count against the cap for the next two years.

That's the stomper, they were already kicked down

What a disaster this is. I heard Smith and Nolan were at odds and Wang fired Smith.

The kicker is - Snow's 750 K players salary will count against the cap for the next two years.

Joe, have you talked to Gary? Is he out on the ledge yet???

Well, we'll take his 750K salary if they'll take one of the M&M boys. 750K is NOTHING.

I wonder if Garth will try to trade himself to another team for cap relief. :rofl:

I seriously wonder if he could do that... :noclue:

:blink: I almost choked on my soda when I read this headline at work. Don't Wang and Milbury realize what a laughingstock they are?

I've always wondered what the organizational goals of the Islanders are. That is if if they even have any. It sure isn't to win a stanley cup and they sure as hell haven't been filling seats on Long Island. Islanders management must just be a bunch of egomaniacs who like having power and don't give a damn their decisions lead the organization off a cliff. So sad for the Islander fans, it exists at all levels of management and nobody can make it go away.

Edited by E-Devil

And Pittsburgh is celebrating as things no longer seem that bad!

Found this on ESPN... see .. they are not completely hopeless

"Rob (Ottawa): Dear New Jersey,

I apologize. I meant the NEW YORK ISLANDERS were a Mickey Mouse organization.

Signed,

Wayne Gretzky"

Thanks Rob!