OGT: Islanders @ DEVILS 7:30pm

overtime98

It wasn't about Oduya, at least I don't think he was alluding to that. He was telling a story, something about him having a sore thumb and having to wait for all the serious injuries in the hospital before the doctor came to him to take care of his thumb. I really hope Oduya isn't hurt that badly.

Interesting win, but we let in way too many shots. Parise continues to play smart and with heart. The kid never ceases to amaze me every night. I was really pulling for him to get the hat trick, he'll get one eventually.

One thing I don't understand. When Parise was coming down the ice, I think in the 3rd, why did DP fly out that far towards the blue line? Couldn't he just have stayed in the crease? Sometimes, I think DP gets a little too crazy with how he wants to handle the puck.

43 shots is sort of ridiculous, but things could have been worse, esp. with Johnny out. My guess is that DP probably didn't want to face Parise on a breakaway considering how hot he's been, but that's just mere speculation. That play was just nuts.

In other news....the crowd was quiet, that around-the-world shootout thing was stupid, and I still hate Ole. Probably the last game I attend for awhile :( .

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In other news....the crowd was quiet, that around-the-world shootout thing was stupid, and I still hate Ole. Probably the last game I attend for awhile :( .

I really hate the Ole song too. Probably because that's what the students at my college (most of them drunkenly) scream/sing after every goal. I just can't get into it. And we lost tonight to RIT (though it was an out of conference game.) so there wasn't a lot of Ole singing tonight--- hopefully there will be a better outcome at the game I'm going to against Princeton on sat. night. But I digress...

DiPietro---I don't know what that was about---but I was entertained. :hah:

Hmph. Okay :blush::closedeyes: Fiiiiiiiiiiiine. No more "like omg he's sooo like hottttt" talk from me. ;)

yeah.....suuuure. :rolleyes:

The Ole song has GOT TO GO!! :puke:

It looked like the same ol' DiPietro last night, he must have forgot it was 2006-7 and he was playing the Devils :evil: The Devils weren't outplayed as much as the shot total would suggest, a lot of the Isles' chances weren't that great and the Devils shot the puck more but missed the net like forty times.

Hopefully winning two in a row against this team ends the jinx or at least puts it on long hiatus.

Edited by Hasan4978

From the ESB:

Zach Parise scored two goals in the Devils' win over the Islanders. Parise, Patrik Elias (who scored No. 16 in this game), Brian Gionta (15) and Jamie Langenbrunner (15) have all scored at least 15 goals this season for the Devils, who have played 40 games. It's only the second time in franchise history that four players reached the 15-goal plateau in the team's first 40 games of a season. In 1989-90, Sylvain Turgeon, John MacLean, Brendan Shanahan and Kirk Muller all had at least 15 goals in New Jersey's first 37 games.

Martin Brodeur stopped 40 of 43 shots on goal to lead the Devils to a 4-3 win over the Islanders at the Meadowlands. It was the 18th time in Brodeur's career that he faced 40-or-more shots on goal in a regular-season game but only the second time he did so in a game at New Jersey. The previous instance was a 3-3 tie against the Flyers on Dec. 12, 2003, when Philadelphia put 40 shots on net.

The Ole song has GOT TO GO!! :puke:

I couldn't agree more brother :puke:

When Oduya left the ice he was clearly favoring his shoulder and arm. The crash into the boards did not look serious but you never know.

Nice Avatar I have that shirt :D

BTW .... something im very happy about

goals:

line 1:

gionta: 15 .... elias: 16

line 2:

langenbrunner: 15 ... parise- 16

what line do you cover?! we havent had balanced scoring like this in a few years

A little balanced scoring and :hail: Marty stealing games :clap:

Assuming thats you and you're not her mother.....

Way to steal the thunder from the little cutie :)

Maybe she has the hots for her father

That just doesnt sound right :unsure:

Edited by Devilish34