Kevin Smith

HellOnICE

He was at a couple games last week. They put him up on the big screen during the Tampa game and he got a pretty nice ovation. He did a video piece for Daneyko night which was pretty funny too. If you go to his store in Red Bank, he's got 3 Stanley Cup Champion banners hanging behind the counter as well as mini 1988 Patrick Division champions and Utica Devils banners.

The guy that runs the store, Walt Flanagan, is a huge Devils fan. He's been in just about all his movies. He sat a few rows behind me on Stevens night.

I was never really aware Kevin was Devils fan until last week. I know he likes hockey.

Kevin Smith from Last Night

It'd sure be nice if the Devils could get Kevin to help them out or obviously employ him to do a small project for video production of new arena. he has great ideas, and a very rabid fan base.

There's a character in "Clerks 2" named Elias (although it's pronounced "e-LIE-uss").

I figured early on it was a nod to the Devils player of the same name, and he confirms this somewhere in the bonus footage on the "Clerks 2" DVD (director's commentary perhaps?).

Isn't he the Lord of the Ring director? They should work with him in creating big, dramatic opening jumbotron stuff for the new arena.

That's Peter Jackson...

And Kevin Smith is a film director/actor/writer/comic book geek from New Jersey. He's made movies liek Clerks, Clerks 2, Mallrats, Jersey Girl, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Dogma.

He's a very cult director. But very funny, and very nice guy. Well at least it seems that way :dance:

That's Peter Jackson...

And Kevin Smith is a film director/actor/writer/comic book geek from New Jersey. He's made movies liek Clerks, Clerks 2, Mallrats, Jersey Girl, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Dogma.

He's a very cult director. But very funny, and very nice guy. Well at least it seems that way :dance:

Man, am I out of touch?

Thanks...

He was at the game on Saturday too. They put him up on the jumbotron, and he got a nice ovation. They also showed a skit he taped with NJ Devil to get the crowd pumped. KS is the man. Love all his flicks. Although Clerks 2 was a little below my expectations- no way it could ever be as good as the orginal.

They could use him and tie him to the arena I guess, as a sort of spokesperson. My friends in high school LOVE Kevin Smith and love Clerks. A lot of people my age like him. And he definitely has a connection to the Devils key publics since he's from New Jersey and usually when you think of Kevin Smith you think of New Jersey. It'd be cool if he could do some sort of promo commerical/video for the Devils that would air around the time of the arena opening not only to attract people to the new arena but to get people interested in Devils hockey.

Brian O'Halloran (played Dante in Clerks, and other roles in Smith's films) is a Devils' fan as well.

Brian is a rangers fan ( :puke: ) he confirms this during one of the Clerks commentary tracks, Randal wears a Devils hat throughout the first movie.

And add me to the list of guys who has met Walt Flanngian at a game.

check out the link my friend he's wearing a devil's te, he's all been too a ton of games and twhy always put him on th ejumbo tron and he did a few things with the mascott

Damn G#9! I told you not to let redruM see your password! ;)