Get Brylin off the Madden Line

msweet

He get's pushed off the puck, has it stolen and he gets run over. The most effective shift the Madden line had was when Rass was out there.

TB forward are skating with their heads down and attacking Sarge with malice. He is overmatched against them.

Rass puts some fear into the and will be more effective.

We were lucky Vinnie and Martin didn't score more.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And do what with him? The EGG's as good as new after one game and you can't break up ZZ Pop either, so he's gotta go on the fourth line and play eight minutes a game (five in this series). That fourth line doesn't have much of an identity with Brylin-Dowd-Rupp but I guess they're not going to play a lot this series anyway since Tampa almost never plays their fourth line.

Rasmussen is a pilon who takes too many penalties - no chance.

Brylin needs to be out there against them. Rasmussen is halfway decent at protecting the puck, but he doesn't make good choices on breakout passes either.

Vinnie and company played like he wasn't out there. Brylin is so weak he is ineffective... and they need some hitting on that line.

I think calling Rass a pilon is unfair. He plays and skates hard or he would not be able to hit.... which he does.

I don't think it was nerves. He's been here a few times before. I think he just had a bad game. I like his reflexes more and his hockey sense more than Rass. Msweet is right.. Erik brings a more physical presence to the line, but I don't think we have what it takes to hit the St. Louis line into submission... we're going to have to outsmart them.

Edited by Don

I like Brylin but he made a couple of plays tonight that just made me cringe in fear of instant giveaway goals.

I recall one time he wound up to shoot and it deflected back and hit him in the head area. Ooof, he lost his touch tonight, maybe nerves?

Brylin will have a better game next time.

To me, St Louis hustles, Vinny is more of a floater. Prospal looks lost.

TB scored on the PP. this was expected.

Vinny scored due to a Brodeur mistake looking the wrong way.

I forget how the 3rd goal happened.

To me the Devs were in control for the first half of the game.

TB took over late in 2nd, and had a lot of shots in the third but Devs still appeared in control not all but "most" of the time.

A solid win. It did nothing for holmqvist, and I expect the Devs to take Game 2 as well.

Keys are to avoid the PP -- when they get Richards out there with the other two top guns.

Otherwise, we are superior to this team in all regards. Just don't tell (N)Єverson...

He get's pushed off the puck, has it stolen and he gets run over. The most effective shift the Madden line had was when Rass was out there.

TB forward are skating with their heads down and attacking Sarge with malice. He is overmatched against them.

Rass puts some fear into the and will be more effective.

We were lucky Vinnie and Martin didn't score more.

Brylin did have a bad game and I'd like to see Clarkson out there on the Madden line, but I felt that way before the game....if we have 3 lines out there with potential to score then it would serve us well...plus Brylin will still work hard with the fourth line and could produce with what little ice time they are given...in my opinion Oduya had a worse game but it was one game and we won so can't argue much....we'll see how it pans out in the next few....

Brylin did have a bad game and I'd like to see Clarkson out there on the Madden line, but I felt that way before the game....if we have 3 lines out there with potential to score then it would serve us well...plus Brylin will still work hard with the fourth line and could produce with what little ice time they are given...in my opinion Oduya had a worse game but it was one game and we won so can't argue much....we'll see how it pans out in the next few....

I didn't watch the whole game, but from what I saw Brylin played a good game. Rass will not be able to keep up with St. Louis who is the key to Tampa. If he had bad game, he will rebound.

St Louis destroyed Brylin all night... took the puck essentially every shift.

I thought the devils were sloppy in terms of passing the first two periods - maybe i'm the only one who saw this - maybe it was the ice(?) - brodeur gave up 3, but what do you expect after 7 days off...the third period they played much better defensively (when they really needed it) - glad to see Gionta get a goal - it's been a while - 5 goals is great, but remember it is TB - Devs should wrap this series in 5 max

clarkson isn't even on the Devils' roster right now. they are not looking at putting him in the lineup.

lou is very big on the team concept - even if clarkson is better than what we've got, it's an insult to the team to scratch the guys that got you here.

I'd agree with the part about the Devs not looking to put him in the lineup but I disagree with the other part. He's been a part of this team and successfully when we had men go down. I think it's an insult to the team concept to not give him a try if others are struggling. Especially considering Lou's motto of putting the team in the best possible position to win. It'd be no different with Matvichuk...Now, as I said before I'm sure Brylin had a bad game and will get better but if need be he should be replaced and put on the 4th line and my suggestion of Clarkson comes purely from an offensive perspective...even injecting him on the 4th line would help but I think he has the punch to finish off what Madden and Pando start....

Edited by UnderDogX

The checking line as a whole didn't do job all that well last night IMO. Thought Madden got caught sleeping a bit on Lacavalier's "wrap around" goal and they seemed to be a bit off in general. Brylin did indeed have a rough night and I personally liked Rassmussen out there with Madden and Pandolfo. Pandolfo himself said Rassmussen creates havoc out there which creates more room for them. Thought he did a good job while on that line - the line had a lot more energy with him on it. However, I think Brylin's experience alone warrants another shot on that line. If he gets pushed around again, I say it's time for Rassmussen. Someone needs to hit St. Louis hard and often - give him room and he's dangerous. But, to put yet another rookie into the lineup would be unwise at this point.

Exactly was Rass needs to be out there.

And despite comments otherwise Rass has proven himself in the playoffs before.

can't hit what you can't catch.

brylin stays on the line for at least another game - moving him to the 4th line makes him useless.

Edited by Triumph

can't hit what you can't catch.

brylin stays on the line for at least another game - moving him to the 4th line makes him useless.

True, but the threat is out there. St Louis was skating with impunity...No he was enjoying the matchup.

When you are at the game you can watch stuff outside the TV coverage. Every time St Louis was out there he'd attack Brylin... I started predicting it to my seat mates.

Going to the games towards the end of this year I have seen numerous times where 1st line players on the other team, shy away from Rass. Letting St Louis run free, barely breaking a sweat, is going to cost us... maybe game 2.

And Brylin still will get minutes... 2nd pp, 2nd pk, and he can fill in anywhere a player has to miss a shift.... and maybe we can play line 4 more with him on it?